Joola Aruna Off Rubber Recommendations 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Blade: Joola Aruna OFF
Composition: 7-ply (Hinoki, Koto, Carbon, Kiri Core, Carbon, Koto, Hinoki)

Hello guys, here I am again to ask for some rubber recommendations like I did in the past. I have improved a lot since then and I have quite solid fundamentals. So more about my playstyle, I am a close to the table attacker and I try to attack every possible ball that I can. I am interested in trying out some hard chinese rubbers since I have the physical strength for it but my problem is that there is just so many rubbers to choose from like Hurricane 3 provincial, national blue sponge, orange sponge, battle 2 blue sponge, yinhe big dipper, sanwei target national, and all the new meta Butterfly 09C-esque hybrid tacky topsheet and hard sponge rubbers such as Rasanter C series, Tibhar K series, Rakza Z and etc. If you have any recommendations that I did not list, please let me know :D
Also feel free to comment down any sort of esn european type rubbers that you think would fit the Joola Aruna Off blade.

By the way my rating is 1050 if that's important to know :D.

Extra question: How much different is the Joola Aruna OFF blade compared to something with a similar structure (Inner carbon, first 2 wood layers and then the carbon) like the Innerforce series from Butterfly?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
IMG_7088.jpeg

Make sure you get the green one; make you opponents green with envy!

• Love
Reactions: OrsonBear
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023

Hello guys, here I am again to ask for some rubber recommendations like I did in the past. I have improved a lot since then and I have quite solid fundamentals. So more about my playstyle, I am a close to the table attacker and I try to attack every possible ball that I can. I am interested in trying out some hard chinese rubbers since I have the physical strength for it but my problem is that there is just so many rubbers to choose from like Hurricane 3 provincial, national blue sponge, orange sponge, battle 2 blue sponge, yinhe big dipper, sanwei target national, and all the new meta Butterfly 09C-esque hybrid tacky topsheet and hard sponge rubbers such as Rasanter C series, Tibhar K series, Rakza Z and etc. If you have any recommendations that I did not list, please let me know :D
Also feel free to comment down any sort of esn european type rubbers that you think would fit the Joola Aruna Off blade.

Extra question: How much different is the Joola Aruna OFF blade compared to something with a similar structure (Inner carbon, first 2 wood layers and then the carbon) like the Innerforce series from Butterfly?
Try superselect 45 in backhand (48 has less feeling which is optimal for your level) if it is too fast try rhyzer 45 or 48. For fh try xiom vega pro/europe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

Start off with the cheapest, H3 neo commercial orange sponge, boosted with 2-3 layers and see if you like it. Only if you like it, then try something more expensive.

Backhand in terms of ESN rubber, you like it soft and Joolan Aruna OFF blade is too fast, then Xiom Vega Europe. Then if you want medium hard sponge, either Xiom Vega Asia or Xiom Vega Japan. Then you want it fast and harder sponge, then either Xiom Vega Pro or Xiom Vega X.

Don't break your bank for now.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
If you want chinese rubbers, the hurricane 3 neo is the golden standard, the most popular rubber in the world.

Buy the normal version, around 15~25€, the other versions, national, provincial are mainly made for boosting, they have no difference unboosted.

Regarding the sponge, 2.2 and 40 degrees is a good start, and get the rubber at black. Black chinese rubbers are more tacky, suited for forehand. It's just a result of their manufacturing process and the fact that black is natural while red is artificial and makes the top sheet a bit harder.

European rubbers don't have that issue, they're are identical regardless of colour.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
What rubber are you using now, what don’t you like about it?
I was using a completely different blade and rubber setup. I was using an all wood 7 ply (ALL rating) blade with Tibhar Aurus 1.9mm on my backhand and some fake tenergy 05 clone that does absolutely not play like a tenergy 05 but more like a hard chinese rubber with a tacky topsheet. I feel like I have improved a lot and I can feel that this setup is a bit too slow for me so that's why I want to switch over to my carbon blade. What I didn't like about the Tibhar Aurus is that it had a very catapult like feeling which made balls just completely bounce off my racket.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
If you want chinese rubbers, the hurricane 3 neo is the golden standard, the most popular rubber in the world.

Buy the normal version, around 15~25€, the other versions, national, provincial are mainly made for boosting, they have no difference unboosted.

Regarding the sponge, 2.2 and 40 degrees is a good start, and get the rubber at black. Black chinese rubbers are more tacky, suited for forehand. It's just a result of their manufacturing process and the fact that black is natural while red is artificial and makes the top sheet a bit harder.

European rubbers don't have that issue, they're are identical regardless of colour.
Hurricane is definitely the standard for chinese rubbers. However I have read some reviews about a similar chinese rubber, the 729 Battle 2 and some have said that it is basically a better version of the Hurricane 8 and the Hurricane 3 Neo. Do you think it's worth to try out both? I have other spare blades (recreational use, like my j-pen) which don't have rubbers on them so no rubber is going to waste basically. :)

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hurricane is definitely the standard for chinese rubbers. However I have read some reviews about a similar chinese rubber, the 729 Battle 2 and some have said that it is basically a better version of the Hurricane 8 and the Hurricane 3 Neo. Do you think it's worth to try out both? I have other spare blades (recreational use, like my j-pen) which don't have rubbers on them so no rubber is going to waste basically. :)
I have a battle 2 provincial, I don't like it. It has a much lower throw angle and the feeling is off, I don't know why, but I couldn't even play with it.

Reactions: Choosikick
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Interesting, did you boost it?
I played it for a month unboosted and it was unplayable, then I boosted it and became worse. It just couldn't grip the ball, it shot off extremely quick, like it didn't have any tackiness at all.

The hurricane 3 is a stable rubber that plays well, I don't think there's a real replacement for it. It's similar with the tenergy 05 situation, there's many rubbers that try to emulate it, and all have failed.

In the same way that there's nothing quite like the t05, there's nothing quite like the neo hurricane 3.

The normal (purple box) hurricane 3 is junk though, only the neo is good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I was using a completely different blade and rubber setup. I was using an all wood 7 ply (ALL rating) blade with Tibhar Aurus 1.9mm on my backhand and some fake tenergy 05 clone that does absolutely not play like a tenergy 05 but more like a hard chinese rubber with a tacky topsheet. I feel like I have improved a lot and I can feel that this setup is a bit too slow for me so that's why I want to switch over to my carbon blade. What I didn't like about the Tibhar Aurus is that it had a very catapult like feeling which made balls just completely bounce off my racket.
I can confidently recommend Fastark G1 to you. Very balanced rubber. It does not have such a powerful catapult, but if you need to accelerate the ball, it will allow you to do it, it also has excellent grip, control and durability. Try it on the backhand first along with the Tenergy clone on the forehand on your new blade. I think you will like it!
If it gets tough for you, then turn Fastarc to forehand. Based on this, proceed further to select the second rubber.

Reactions: ai_yo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Blue star A1 is great, but pretty hard - I also have A2 and it is slightly easier to use but both are great rubbers.
what do you think of a1 on fh and a2 on bh. I love tacky/ hybrid rubbers on fh and hybrid rubbers on bh. The price point seems way more attractive than dignics. How about the durability??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
what do you think of a1 on fh and a2 on bh. I love tacky/ hybrid rubbers on fh and hybrid rubbers on bh. The price point seems way more attractive than dignics. How about the durability??
It could work very well - it had been my original plan but I just found A2 the right hardness/feel for my FH and so that’s the way I have it now (with Hammond on BH)

The durability is too early to tell but what I will say is that the A2 is showing light wear on top sheet after 3 weeks but A1 no wear after 5 weeks.