Yinhe Jupiter 3 Amazing Rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
If its too cheap, you can try Jupiter 3 National and see if its even better :)

I don't think it's necessary, I really enjoy the cheap ass Yinhe Jupiter 3 Asia that @_JOOLA_ recommended. Don't know what extra the blue sponge can offer.
And Yinhe's production seems to be much better than DHS as in they can make the same rubber all the time.
I don't mind buying 4-6 sheets of this Jupiter 3 Asia a year, it's super cheap.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
There was a discount a few weeks ago on ali and since @_JOOLA_ recommended it and it was like 15EUR shipped I couldn't resist.
I got it in 40 deg, orange sponge, the topsheet is softer than H3 and Big Dipper I think but the sponge is harder. It seems to be boosted (and has glue layer) but it's not particularly heavy at 48g cut. The sponge kinda reminds me a little of the H3 Turbo Blue, it has a similar sound especially when I smack it flat. But when it hits down on the blade it has this very high pitched cracking sound. (like brokenball , pun kinda intended)

It makes a great arc, but it can be controlled with the arm very well. If you wanna pull up it will arc and if you wanna hit a flat hit it does that too. Arc on demand!

It's very fast too. I used it on the Sanwei 75 PBO blade which is pretty fast to begin with but... It's like properly as fast as a boosted up fast Chinese rubber right out of the package.

I think it's also very spinny, maybe it's not H3 BS or D09c but it's really hard to feel it with these types of rubbers. I really have no clue if it makes less or more spin than H3 BS but it can't be far off in any way.
And I think it offers more stability too compared even to H3 BS, the sponge is really nice. The topsheet doesn't feel like a million bucks but it doesn't do anything wrong. If anything it kinda reminds me of Rakza Z topsheet.

If in doubt you can just close your eyes and hit as hard as you can and it will do wonders... It's not even a joke.

I didn't really feel any shortcomings with it just from 3 hours of play. I will keep it and G09c will go on backhand on this Sanwei blade. I should be around 183-4g with this setup and that is better than excellent. This rubber is a keeper as to date I don't think I found anything as great out of the box. Maybe the Dingtian is better boosted up, but maybe not. I think @latej would really enjoy it. It's no contest better than the Volant-Phoenix on FH side for heavy hitters. For players who like a bit softer and spongier and less "stable" rubber the Volant-Phoenix is better.
Any chance you can record yourself playing with it?
Dont want any comparison, i am just curious what you describe as a great arc and how you manage to generate such arc.

I used the exact same blade for my testing and it was a great rubber for the price tag, but still quite far away from what you guys are describing here.
In my experience the arc was quite flat and the spin quality was rather medium to low. Speed was awesome and touch play as well, though i did lack some control on several hits.
So i am really interested how the rubber looks from a different player.

Reactions: H3R0
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Dont want any comparison, i am just curious what you describe as a great arc and how you manage to generate such arc.

I used the exact same blade for my testing and it was a great rubber for the price tag, but still quite far away from what you guys are describing here.
In my experience the arc was quite flat and the spin quality was rather medium to low. Speed was awesome and touch play as well, though i did lack some control on several hits.
I will get my new phone next week, I would rather use that for recording, but I guess I can manage to make some video.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023

Perhaps you played Jupiter without a booster. If so, then I understand the reason why this rubber did not work for you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Perhaps you played Jupiter without a booster. If so, then I understand the reason why this rubber did not work for you.
Hi Joola

Kinda funny that I still need to boost to make it playable. Had same issues as Attitude with this rubber. Even glued big dipper at the other side to check which is better. Both of rubbers had 39 degree hardness and unboosted. BD was better at everything (arc was higher, more engaging, softer, faster). And oh boy, how hard it was to play at either BH and FH. At backhand all shots just fly parallel to the table, no arc and security at all. At forehand I was able to generate mediocre spin and speed.
By the way, both of rubbers are not sticky at all. Pain in the butt to put a protective sheet on either of them.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Still wanna buy additional sheet of Big dipper or Jupiter 3. Can anyone suggest which one and, will 37 or 38 deg be fine on FH side? Dunno will it be too soft or just right. I found that 39 deg felt kinda dead to me? Not that I lack physique to hit hard. I cant just feel the ball at all on both of the rubbers. Like there is vacuum between the ball and racket. Almost no vibration goes to the handle, which makes me confused. But I am a bit interested what you guys find so magical about it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Still wanna buy additional sheet of Big dipper or Jupiter 3. Can anyone suggest which one and, will 37 or 38 deg be fine on FH side? Dunno will it be too soft or just right. I found that 39 deg felt kinda dead to me? Not that I lack physique to hit hard. I cant just feel the ball at all on both of the rubbers. Like there is vacuum between the ball and racket. Almost no vibration goes to the handle, which makes me confused. But I am a bit interested what you guys find so magical about it.

If it helps my 38d Jupiter 3 sheet measured 50d Shore O with my durometer.

It felt pretty soft though and very bouncy. Didn't like it on the FH. I took it off my blade but might try it out on the BH one day.

Personally, I'd go for 39d or more.

Reactions: Choosikick and H3R0
This user has no status.
Hi Joola

Kinda funny that I still need to boost to make it playable. Had same issues as Attitude with this rubber. Even glued big dipper at the other side to check which is better. Both of rubbers had 39 degree hardness and unboosted. BD was better at everything (arc was higher, more engaging, softer, faster). And oh boy, how hard it was to play at either BH and FH. At backhand all shots just fly parallel to the table, no arc and security at all. At forehand I was able to generate mediocre spin and speed.
By the way, both of rubbers are not sticky at all. Pain in the butt to put a protective sheet on either of them.
This is exactly my biggest issue with several rubbers in that pricecategory. They can be good, or at least somewhat good, but all of a sudden you have a batch that is completely different.
I had 3 J3s and one of them was completely whack. But at least all of them were sticky af.
Same with BD some years ago. While 2 of them were great - slightly different but still manageable - the third had no arc whatsover. It was like you were hitting only forward, no matter the actual movement or shot you chose to do.

So yeah, for me this is a dealbreaker. Because if i have to reglue, i literally lose at least one complete training session due to this issue, or have to have 2-3 exact same setups. And then i have to buy several blades...
Well my decision is sticking with slightly more expensive but more consistent rubbers. I played around 4 LACs for examples in the last 2 years, and all of them were the same. And i would definitly count LAC to the cheaper rubbers for what i get.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
This is exactly my biggest issue with several rubbers in that pricecategory. They can be good, or at least somewhat good, but all of a sudden you have a batch that is completely different.
I had 3 J3s and one of them was completely whack. But at least all of them were sticky af.
Same with BD some years ago. While 2 of them were great - slightly different but still manageable - the third had no arc whatsover. It was like you were hitting only forward, no matter the actual movement or shot you chose to do.

So yeah, for me this is a dealbreaker. Because if i have to reglue, i literally lose at least one complete training session due to this issue, or have to have 2-3 exact same setups. And then i have to buy several blades...
Well my decision is sticking with slightly more expensive but more consistent rubbers. I played around 4 LACs for examples in the last 2 years, and all of them were the same. And i would definitly count LAC to the cheaper rubbers for what i get.
Hello there
How is LAC compared to boosted Hurricane?

This user has no status.
Hello there
How is LAC compared to boosted Hurricane?
LAC is faster in every lower impact shots up until full blown loops. Depending on how well your technique is and how hard you can hit, H3 will probably top out LAC in the harder shots, but not by much either way.

Arc is around the same, but the throw angle i higher from LAC. Shortplay is almost the same, but probably a bit easier from H3 because i is slower in the low impact shots. LAC has pretty decent bounce with lower impact shots. But pure touch play can let the ball fall off in an instant too, just like with H3.

You can check some gameplay from me with it on the Arthur China thread.

Reactions: H3R0
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023

I have a lot of blades so I don't have these problems. When Jupiter's boost period comes up, which is about a month later, I just switch to another racket.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
If it helps my 38d Jupiter 3 sheet measured 50d Shore O with my durometer.

It felt pretty soft though and very bouncy. Didn't like it on the FH. I took it off my blade but might try it out on the BH one day.

Personally, I'd go for 39d or more.
I played Jupiter 2 in hardness 38, 39 and 40 and for myself I determined the optimal hardness 39, because 38 is soft and not fast for me, 40 is too non-linear - closer to a hurricane, and 39 is optimal both in speed and in linearity. I now take Jupiter 3 only in hardness 39, I have not tried any other hardness and I like it. But I play with boost and it's a completely different rubber than without boost. In some way, this reminds me of Fastarc G1 in character - that honest workhorse without surprises, what you laid down is what you got, but Fastarc is still more control rubber, though you have to pay three times more for this control 😉
Working with Jupiter for several years, I discovered this technology for myself. First of all, I remove this hard factory glue, immediately apply a layer of booster and let it lie down for a day, after a day I stick it on strong rubber glue Yanghe and play for two or three days, after which I again remove the overlay and without removing the glue I apply the booster for a day, after which I can play for a whole month, then a booster layer and another sweet month and so on ad infinitum 😃

Last edited:
Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Hi Joola

I have 5 sheets of Jupiter 3 and Jupiter 2 in the game at the same time on different blades, so I can compare them. So, only one of them is the red Jupiter 2 in hardness 39, now it is practically not sticky, all the rest are sticky. The stickiest and most tenacious is a very old Jupiter 2 in hardness 38, which is already 3-4 years old and still outperforms many eurotensors in grip, but it has no speed, so it is installed on a racket with long spikes that I play, when I very tired. By weight, all Jupiters 2 are lighter than Jupiters 3. The second ones weigh 48-49 grams in cut form, the third ones weigh 51-52 grams + - grams for the presence or absence of glue on the sponge. The quality from rubber to rubber is almost the same, at least I did not notice strong deviations in properties or defects in these rubbers from batch to batch.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
The Jupiter 3 National is in stock - only 35$ https://www.lazada.vn/products/yinh...ng-pong-sponge-i2331847036-s11342699641.html?

Looks really neat, they have the black sponge and blue sponge version, with 39.5 & 40.5 degress. It's the same price as Battle 2 NT Blue sponge, I wonder how will they compare ? very interested in the black sponge version (but it's Jupiter 1?)
1687250194908.png

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
This user has no status.
I have been using Jupiter Asia 3 for 6 months now and I really like it.
I tried h3neo, 09c, Big Dipper, barracuda before landing on ja3.
I have it on a viscaria for FH.
The tackiness last, for me, about 2 months. But for under $15 a sheet, you can just buy one every other month if you like it super sticky.
I would say that after 2 months, it sort of played like Big Dipper.

This user has no status.
I have been using Jupiter Asia 3 for 6 months now and I really like it.
I tried h3neo, 09c, Big Dipper, barracuda before landing on ja3.
I have it on a viscaria for FH.
The tackiness last, for me, about 2 months. But for under $15 a sheet, you can just buy one every other month if you like it super sticky.
I would say that after 2 months, it sort of played like Big Dipper.
what hardness did you find the best for you?