Yinhe Jupiter 3 Amazing Rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
@Michael Zhuang @Attitude Hey guys, amazing discussion here about Jupiter 3, I read Michael guide to rubbers also and it was amazing.

I'm planning to upgrade my rubbers but wanted to ask you guys about recommendation with hardness of J3 for my FH, I have an old Primorac off- all wood and plan to paired it with a Palio AK47 in BH (unless you guys have an updated better recommendation for BH) also thinking about the hardness of that.

Thinking also to change my blade to a budget carbon like Sanwei CC that I saw recommended somewhere but probably paired with J3 and AK47 could be too fast?

Thanks a lot in advance guys!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
@Michael Zhuang @Attitude Hey guys, amazing discussion here about Jupiter 3, I read Michael guide to rubbers also and it was amazing.

I'm planning to upgrade my rubbers but wanted to ask you guys about recommendation with hardness of J3 for my FH, I have an old Primorac off- all wood and plan to paired it with a Palio AK47 in BH (unless you guys have an updated better recommendation for BH) also thinking about the hardness of that.

Thinking also to change my blade to a budget carbon like Sanwei CC that I saw recommended somewhere but probably paired with J3 and AK47 could be too fast?

Thanks a lot in advance guys!
That is definitly a really fast combination.
But if you can control it, that would be a decent setup. As i have stated before i am not a really big fan of J3 on fh because of its speed. If you lack power on your own it could be ok but otherwise you have huge issues in landing your loops and everything control-related like blocks and pushes.

So without seeing your way of playing it is impossible to tell what would be the best choice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
That is definitly a really fast combination.
But if you can control it, that would be a decent setup. As i have stated before i am not a really big fan of J3 on fh because of its speed. If you lack power on your own it could be ok but otherwise you have huge issues in landing your loops and everything control-related like blocks and pushes.

So without seeing your way of playing it is impossible to tell what would be the best choice.
Thanks a lot for your input and for letting me know that carbon and J3 is a fast combination.

So I guess I'm probably better pairing it with my old Primorac off- as it could be a more balanced paddle in the end and don't need to expend on another blade. Also I could work more on my power and prefer to don't have issues with control.

I think I should probably try J3 - 39 hardness with the Primorac for FH

Do you have a good recommendation for BH that could suit well the Primorac?

Thanks again for your help, appreciate the huge experience in equipment you guys have

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Thanks a lot for your input and for letting me know that carbon and J3 is a fast combination.

So I guess I'm probably better pairing it with my old Primorac off- as it could be a more balanced paddle in the end and don't need to expend on another blade. Also I could work more on my power and prefer to don't have issues with control.

I think I should probably try J3 - 39 hardness with the Primorac for FH

Do you have a good recommendation for BH that could suit well the Primorac?

Thanks again for your help, appreciate the huge experience in equipment you guys have

Either way the Primorac is a great blade. I just wouldnt swap something you got used to and that works well.

As stated before any recommendation would be counted as redundant as long as i dont know how you play and dont know what you want (more) from your rubber.

If you are still learning and developing your technique pick something softer with a linear feeling for example.
Right now i went back to Yinhe Moon Blue 12 for example. A bit on the faster side of a controlled rubber but not bouncy as any tensor. So i have a linear feedback and enough dwell to have great feeling with that rubber.

If you are more intermediate to advanced you can pick something more dynamic. For example i have a teammate with around 1700 TTR (germany) who plays with a Primorac blade and Vega X on both sides.

Cant give you much more without the needed information as mentioned above.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Either way the Primorac is a great blade. I just wouldnt swap something you got used to and that works well.

As stated before any recommendation would be counted as redundant as long as i dont know how you play and dont know what you want (more) from your rubber.

If you are still learning and developing your technique pick something softer with a linear feeling for example.
Right now i went back to Yinhe Moon Blue 12 for example. A bit on the faster side of a controlled rubber but not bouncy as any tensor. So i have a linear feedback and enough dwell to have great feeling with that rubber.

If you are more intermediate to advanced you can pick something more dynamic. For example i have a teammate with around 1700 TTR (germany) who plays with a Primorac blade and Vega X on both sides.

Cant give you much more without the needed information as mentioned above.
Once again thanks a lot for your response, it cleared me a lot of things.

Right now I'm not able to make a video of me playing probably in a couple of weeks because where I train closes in summer which is sad but things are like that around here.

I will look into that Moon Blue 12 for sure but I think, as my Primorac is on the control side, I'm looking for more speed and loop, I feel like I need more speed for the long range play.

Sorry for my English is actually not that refined, will try to open an opinion post when I can show a video in March.

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Once again thanks a lot for your response, it cleared me a lot of things.

Right now I'm not able to make a video of me playing probably in a couple of weeks because where I train closes in summer which is sad but things are like that around here.

I will look into that Moon Blue 12 for sure but I think, as my Primorac is on the control side, I'm looking for more speed and loop, I feel like I need more speed for the long range play.

Sorry for my English is actually not that refined, will try to open an opinion post when I can show a video in March.
What's your current set-up?

I have J3 H38 on FH of my T-11S and that does not feel too fast.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
yeah,
I wanted to ask the same thing, what is your current rubbers?
I have J3 Euro 39 samples, and to me, they are on the soft side (i'm a H3 41 deg user)
so to answer the question on what hardness for FH, is all relative to what you using now

Jan 2023
I have 2 cj8000 with my Primorac right now.

Can I ask why you choosed H38 on the J3 for FH? Always see 39 and up for FH
I don't use very hard rubbers in general. Before J3 I used Tibhar MX-S, Yasaka Shining Dragon and Yinhe Sun (medium) on FH. Also I was switching from YEO to T-11 so I was a bit conservative with the sponge hardness in case T-11 is very stiff/fast (which it isn't).

Reactions: Krakatomia
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I don't use very hard rubbers in general. Before J3 I used Tibhar MX-S, Yasaka Shining Dragon and Yinhe Sun (medium) on FH. Also I was switching from YEO to T-11 so I was a bit conservative with the sponge hardness in case T-11 is very stiff/fast (which it isn't).
So you kind of compensated as the new blade was faster, yeah I get the logic, and based on that logic my Primorac is on the slow side so I could compliment it better with a fast and hard (39-40) rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
yeah,
I wanted to ask the same thing, what is your current rubbers?
I have J3 Euro 39 samples, and to me, they are on the soft side (i'm a H3 41 deg user)
so to answer the question on what hardness for FH, is all relative to what you using now
Cj8000 I believe 39-40, I can't recall well as they were glued by our coach many years ago, but they didn't have choices but one, so I'm pretty sure it was on the hard side 40

Jan 2023
So you kind of compensated as the new blade was faster, yeah I get the logic, and based on that logic my Primorac is on the slow side so I could compliment it better with a fast and hard (39-40) rubber
Yeah if I were you I'd go for 39.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Cj8000 I believe 39-40, I can't recall well as they were glued by our coach many years ago, but they didn't have choices but one, so I'm pretty sure it was on the hard side 40

I haven't tested other J3 euro yet (only tested 39), but if it is any where near the same hardness as Big Dipper (which I tested everyone possible), I would say go 40 too, maybe even 41.

if budget allows, try a few different options

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
I haven't tested other J3 euro yet (only tested 39), but if it is any where near the same hardness as Big Dipper (which I tested everyone possible), I would say go 40 too, maybe even 41.

if budget allows, try a few different options

Just to get things straighten up here. This thread is about the J3 Asia not euro. That is probably the reason why you can possibly think the J3 feels soft. Even the 37° rubber is medium hard at best.

Back to topic the CJ8000 is not a really good rubber and really inconsistent. I am with Tony here, you should overall try different options here. Stick with the blade and check for smth else.
If budget is a problem here you could stick with Yinhes midrange rubbers or go with smth like H8 on FH and 8-80 on bh for example.
The faster Battle 2 versions could be an option too, like Battle 2 Gold or Max. But all that depends on what you are capable off.

Reactions: Krakatomia and Fnub
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Just to get things straighten up here. This thread is about the J3 Asia not euro. That is probably the reason why you can possibly think the J3 feels soft. Even the 37° rubber is medium hard at best.
okay, didn't know that at all

OP and the entire first page, thread title etc didn't talk about the version. And no one talked about it since I joined the conversation this week. Hence I mentioned the version all the time to get my correct information across.

Why people call it J3 and not J3A / J3 Asia?
Would people by default assume J3 = J3A?

Jan 2023

OP and the entire first page, thread title etc didn't talk about the version. And no one talked about it since I joined the conversation this week. Hence I mentioned the version all the time to get my correct information across.

All Jupiter 3 I can find via Google/Aliexpress have been Jupiter 3 Asia.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

I did on the first page. I even uploaded a picture for clarification because i wasnt sure eithere as i joined the topic.

But either way this rubber is kinda okish over all and quite good for the price i would say. But it is far from being the holy grail of the budget rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I did on the first page. I even uploaded a picture for clarification because i wasnt sure eithere as i joined the topic.

But either way this rubber is kinda okish over all and quite good for the price i would say. But it is far from being the holy grail of the budget rubbers.
To me it is king of budget FH rubbers.

What would be your best budget rubber if you disagree?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
To me it is king of budget FH rubbers.

What would be your best budget rubber if you disagree?
Depends on many factors. Though i am currently not playing one i would suggest smth like H8.
You get a consistent rubber with decent speed already without boosting (at least on fh), great level of spin (nearly on the level of H3), it is easy to control and really good in shortplay and all that for under 30€ (around 25-27 in my country).

Besides that i would pick my BD 2 because it is the best H3 alternative for me. Same speed, needs boosting though, great control in block and shortplay, great spin capabilities and a really good arc. I just cant quite call them consistent because my batches vary to a certain extent. Not enough to cause distress but i wont lie - it bothers me either way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Depends on many factors. Though i am currently not playing one i would suggest smth like H8.
You get a consistent rubber with decent speed already without boosting (at least on fh), great level of spin (nearly on the level of H3), it is easy to control and really good in shortplay and all that for under 30€ (around 25-27 in my country).

Besides that i would pick my BD 2 because it is the best H3 alternative for me. Same speed, needs boosting though, great control in block and shortplay, great spin capabilities and a really good arc. I just cant quite call them consistent because my batches vary to a certain extent. Not enough to cause distress but i wont lie - it bothers me either way.
Well I like H8, but its pricier and slower than J3. So to me J3 is king.

Never tried BD2, but I like BD1 very much. Just not as tacky as J3, so I slightly prefer J3.