Your Favorite Inner Carbon Blade - SURVEY

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Franziska. The inner ZLC blades in general. Never liked inner ALC, though haven't tried Long V/W968 or the Ovtcharov. Anyone know of a hybrid inner ZLC/limba + outer ALC/koto blade, like a Franziska on one side and a Viscaria on the other? I'd give that a try.

Reactions: JeffM
Surprised more people haven’t mentioned Hurricane 301. I didn’t like it like I thought I would.

I do, however, love my Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC.
Oh yes Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC. Bought it today when my EJ kicked in. It depends on one’s playstyle. With Dima InALC i can have more than enough dwell to loop with my chinese rubber. Whereas with my TMXi i can use my trusty hybrid tensor and loop too. I changed my fh due to the throw angle. D09c kicks in with very high throw angle, and that makes my fh so predictable. It is great for backhand where i can flick and loop kill.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Oh yes Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC. Bought it today when my EJ kicked in. It depends on one’s playstyle. With Dima InALC i can have more than enough dwell to loop with my chinese rubber. Whereas with my TMXi i can use my trusty hybrid tensor and loop too. I changed my fh due to the throw angle. D09c kicks in with very high throw angle, and that makes my fh so predictable. It is great for backhand where i can flick and loop kill.
Hi, what tensor would you recommend for TMXi on the FH? Something less bouncy like G1 or a much responsive tensor?

Hi, what tensor would you recommend for TMXi on the FH? Something less bouncy like G1 or a much responsive tensor?
I would recommend something less bouncy. If you are speaking about tensor, you might wanna consider joola dynaryz CMD, a blade with somewhat lower throw angle. Because the blade’s outermost layer is limba so it has a relatively higher throw angle. G1 might be good for your bh. On fh try something stiffer but not too bouncy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I would recommend something less bouncy. If you are speaking about tensor, you might wanna consider joola dynaryz CMD, a blade with somewhat lower throw angle. Because the blade’s outermost layer is limba so it has a relatively higher throw angle. G1 might be good for your bh. On fh try something stiffer but not too bouncy.
I am sorry I didn't phrase my query properly. I wanted to ask what kind of rubber would be better, whether bouncy or not. If not G1, what other rubber do you recommend? (Non tensor/ non Chinese)

This user has no status.
From me a less "mainstream" blade: a Z-Carbon from the manufacture Soulspin (https://soulspin.de) with the New Era anatomic handle. It is a inner carbon construction with thick spruce outer veneers. It plays like hinoki-blades with a soft touch and enough power for every topspin.
SoulspinZ-Carbon.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I am not sure if either is inner carbon but the blades are fast but NOT that fast: Gambler Blackout v.s. Fire Dragon Hinoki. I am still trying to figure which of the carbon blades from Gambler I like. I am still in the middle of testing but those two blades I like the most so far. For $40 a blade, the quality is really really good.

Gambler has a history of comparing their blades and rubbers to Butterfly like they are "tenergy equivalent" or "$300 ZLC equivalent." Sorry, I think that's all marketing. I really do not Gambler's rubbers. I have ripped them off the blades. I will test them again some time later when I have more time. But the initial impression is "no catapult." Sorry cannot feel it.

However, their blades are actually very very good. Not sure if they are $300 good. But I like them as $150 good if you know what I mean.

Please please only get flared handle. Their straight handle is too short. I don't have a big hand and I feel a bit uncomfortable with their straight handle. Their flared handle is comfortable.

says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
I think you can consider Xiom AJH TMXi, that's a really excellent blade tho.
I've used :
Donic Original True Inner Carbon
Donic Waldner Senso Carbon
Xiom 36.5 ALXi
Xiom Ice Cream AZXi
Butterfly Dima Innerforce ALC
Stiga Cybershape Carbon
So far none is as good as Xiom AJH TMXi IMO
Could you relate on the differences between 36.5 ALXi and TMXi ?

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ Ng
Hi ! After the survey on all-wood blades, it's time to talk about inner carbon blades.

Here is the list of the best known and most interesting models in this category. I invite you to share with us your preferences and if possible the reasons for your choice. Of course, you can suggest other references as long as it is not off topic.
Thanks

1. DHS Hurricane Long V
2. Donic Original True Inner Carbon
3. Donic Waldner Senso Carbon
4. Donic Original n°1 senso
5. DHS Hurricane 301
6. DHS Fang Bo Carbon
7. Joola Rossi Emotion
8. Yasaka Ma lin carbon
9. Andro Synteliac VCI OFF
10. Xiom 36.5 Alxi
11. Xiom Ice Cream AZXI
12. Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Inner
13. Tibhar Shang Kun Hybrid AC
14. Butterfly Innerforce Layer ZLC
15. Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC
16. Butterfly Dimitrij Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC
17. Butterfly Harimoto Tomokazu Innerforce ALC
18. Stiga Cybershape Carbon

Unfortunately, I did not find an option allowing me to add a poll system by vote on the topic

Good post @Equaaz - may I add one to this list? The Nittaku S-CZ

Out of the 90 or so blades that I have, my favorite blade (for the playing feeling, the finishing and the beauty - but not necessarily for effectiveness towards winning games) is the Nittaku S-CZ. I played it with Battle 2 on FH and MX-P (max I think) on backhand. I have blindingly fast FH power loops with extreme kick and with this blade, though there was not much power, every ball fell on the table and I could feel every ball and impart as much spin as I wanted to it. The feeling of control due to the dwell and spin was better in this blade than anything else I had played with. However, it is not much suitable for high level competition play due to the lack of high end power. It was also possibly the most comfortable blade to play with due to the beautifully rounded edges, the light weight and the relatively small head size. The finishing was the best I had ever seen on any blade (way better than any Butterfly or even any other Nittaku) and the wooden handle was a thing of beauty (the handle is roundish and fills the hand - I would ideally want a slightly slimmer and flatter handle though)

1687856305743.png

1687856365320.png