Z2 Hammond : Max thickness vs...

This user has no status.
2.0mm for me was the best, and Max wasn't bad really but i felt like it is a slightly less for me with Max in control, and i felt that 2.0mm was a sweet spot really, i also tried 1.8mm and it was like a smash rubber choice mostly, in general for me any Max rubber more than 2.0mm i feel it is heavier and a bit less control in my hand, i don't say it is worse, but i only talk about my feeling about it, so many players prefer and like Max thickness.

Reactions: JBH7
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Ah ok.Thx for the feedback.I was wondering how obvious the difference in speed was.I have 2 blades of the same composition but one is noticeably quicker.Was hoping to make them more "uniform" by using the same rubber but tweaking the sponge thickness.
I think speed should be the same on 90% of shots. Only on the strongest 10% of shots, the max sponge probably has more to give.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I use it on the BH,so I had in mind the comparative speed in relation to short, quick strokes.
Thinner rubber should be a bit faster on harder shots, lets you access the blade easier which is the backbone that provides speed. Thinner rubbers bottom out quicker, however, so on really hard loops you'll struggle to get the spin and thus arc to land the shot.

Get thin if you want light and you don't loop with enough power to access the blade easily. Otherwise max is a better choice.