Nittaku Hammond z2

Hi,

So I’m using the Ovtcharov alc (still in search of a backhand rubber) I don’t like too hard rubbers on my backhand prefer a little softer compared to my forehand (I’m using 09c).

Been looking into a few rubbers and Hammond z2 caught my eye but I don’t know anyone who uses it.

If anyone has used it before whats it like and would it pair well with the ovtcharov blade ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hi,

So I’m using the Ovtcharov alc (still in search of a backhand rubber) I don’t like too hard rubbers on my backhand prefer a little softer compared to my forehand (I’m using 09c).

Been looking into a few rubbers and Hammond z2 caught my eye but I don’t know anyone who uses it.

If anyone has used it before whats it like and would it pair well with the ovtcharov blade ?
I think it would pair well. It's very fast rubber, very bouncy and rubbery, quite grippy.

One think is that it tends to shoot somewhat straight, like Tenergy 80 or something.

Reactions: hazzaa96
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Its the best BH rubber I have played by far - I have it on a Boll Spirit, Freitas and a Maze and it is fantastic on all of them.

I dont agree completely with Tensorbackhand - it is fast but not too fast or too bouncy, much easier to control thanT05 for example. It is 50 deg but feels softer.

Its the best BH rubber I have played by far - I have it on a Boll Spirit, Freitas and a Maze and it is fantastic on all of them.

I dont agree completely with Tensorbackhand - it is fast but not too fast or too bouncy, much easier to control thanT05 for example. It is 50 deg but feels softer.
Cheers Wrighty.

I’m a bit worried it will be a bit too quick and hard for my backhand based on reviews I have read. Just for context I’m currently using Dignics 05 and feel it’s a bit too hard at times for me

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Cheers Wrighty.

I’m a bit worried it will be a bit too quick and hard for my backhand based on reviews I have read. Just for context I’m currently using Dignics 05 and feel it’s a bit too hard at times for me
are there other rubbers that you have tried on your BH that you feel is the right hardness or too soft?

Jan 2023
I did like 05fx but because I use a ovtcharov blade which is a innerforce style blade I felt it was a little too soft for my liking
If Dignics 05 is too hard and Tenergy 05 FX was too soft, then Tenergy 05 sounds about right hardness. So around ESN 47-50.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews

what is your blade ? it very depends on which blade you put the rubber on. On my fast hard blade the Z2 is a beast, it's very hard to control on BH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Cheers Wrighty.

Its very different to D05 and to me felt softer and easier to use - I also struggled with D05 on BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I have Z2 and D05 on the same blade. Z2 has lower arc, so I use it on the BH. Grippy and relatively easy to control. Fast but not very bouncy. Open ups are ok, but that depends on the technique.
D05 is spinnier and a bit faster. IMHO it is the better rubber for either BH and FH.