Best way to remove glue from rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hey Mark,
firstly welcome back to the most beautiful sport in the world and also welcome to the forum.

Now to your question:
it depends a little which glue you use. Some are easier to remove than others.
Revolution3, Finezip, Tibhar Clue all are quite easy removable, the Revolution3 mostly even comes off in one piece, but for any other glue just pour a few drops of oil (e.g. babyoil) let it sink in for a couple of minutes and then gently rub it off. Should be much easier now. No matter if wbg or speedglue.
I once bought a brush and tried it (there is a extra brush for this from Nittaku) but don't use it anymore, 'cause i have better feeling in my thumb than when I use that brush and hence a much lesser damaged sponge.

Hope you can find this helpful.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Thanks for the welcome, Suga D. It's been a long hiatus but I'm back and enjoying it more than ever. I tried the baby oil thing and it worked amazing! It was so much faster and every bit of glue came off. I did the second rubber in the amount of time it took me to get the bottom corner of the first one done. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it.

Mark

This user has no status.
Hey Mark,
firstly welcome back to the most beautiful sport in the world and also welcome to the forum.

Now to your question:
it depends a little which glue you use. Some are easier to remove than others.
Revolution3, Finezip, Tibhar Clue all are quite easy removable, the Revolution3 mostly even comes off in one piece, but for any other glue just pour a few drops of oil (e.g. babyoil) let it sink in for a couple of minutes and then gently rub it off. Should be much easier now. No matter if wbg or speedglue.
I once bought a brush and tried it (there is a extra brush for this from Nittaku) but don't use it anymore, 'cause i have better feeling in my thumb than when I use that brush and hence a much lesser damaged sponge.

Hope you can find this helpful.

Does it have do be baby oil or any oil? I dont feel like going out just to get a bottle of baby oil when i dont need it. Can i use cooking oil like olive oil?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Well, i must admit that I've only tried it with paraffine oil and with baby oil which both are based on mineral oil, but I would give it a try on a small corner.
If it doesn't work, it at least won't do any harm.
Remember, a few drops should be enough to be working.
Please keep us posted if/how it worked.

Last edited:
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hello Guys,

Here is a trick which I saw online sometime back. Take a T.T. ball and start rubbing it on the sponge where glue is present. I use Donic glue and this trick works really well by reducing my effort to remove the glue. Do remember to be gentle with rubbers which have brittle sponge, a good example of brittle sponge rubbers (where you might loose some portion of sponge) is Donic Bluefire.

Cheers, KM1976

This user has no status.
Well, i must admit that I've only tried it with paraffine oil and with baby oil which both are based on mineral oil, but I would give it a try on a small corner.
If it doesn't work, it at least won't do any harm.
Remember, a few drops should be enough to be working.
Please keep us posted if/how it worked.
Sure thing. But I dont need to clean any rubbers atm so you will have to wait a long time for the results