When are EL-S and FX-S out???

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have played like a new man using a new KJH blade, and new sheets of MX-P and Elpis.

Went up on a 2200+ guy at superleague 2-0 and had two match points leading 2-1 (using Kanaph) going for shots and he got by me.

It isn't just the rubber, but a new sheet helps. I just stepped it up tourney time this last tourney and few sessions of league. I am gunna go up and down in rating with all these ringers, but the closer I get to mid 2000s true level, the more my rating will go towards that and stick. You almost gotta be a 2100 level player here to keep a 2000+ rating. Too many jokers at 2000 level with an 1800s rating.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Cheers Andy. Do you know much about both of their sponge hardness?

FX-S will be harder than FX-P.
EL-S will be softer than MX-P.

Mind you the topsheets of the Evolution rubbers are different, so it´s not just a series now spread over 6 sponge hardnesses,
as MX-P and FX-P have the same topsheet, FX-S and EL-S may have the same (this was not yet finalized a few weeks ago) and El-P as well as MX-S have separate topsheets exclusively. The FX-S and EL-S will be closer to MX-S than MX-P but not the same.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
FX-S will be harder than FX-P.
EL-S will be softer than MX-P.

Mind you the topsheets of the Evolution rubbers are different, so it´s not just a series now spread over 6 sponge hardnesses,
as MX-P and FX-P have the same topsheet, FX-S and EL-S may have the same (this was not yet finalized a few weeks ago) and El-P as well as MX-S have separate topsheets exclusively. The FX-S and EL-S will be closer to MX-S than MX-P but not the same.

Thanks Airoc :) presumably the topsheets of the 2 new rubbers will be poly ball enhanced just like MX-S was made to be?

I was using MX-S, and I got told to move down slightly in sponge hardness.. so I tried MX-P to see if there was any difference. Do you think that if I was to move from MX-S down in sponge hardness, I should try the new FX-S or EL-S?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Thanks Airoc :) presumably the topsheets of the 2 new rubbers will be poly ball enhanced just like MX-S was made to be?

I was using MX-S, and I got told to move down slightly in sponge hardness.. so I tried MX-P to see if there was any difference. Do you think that if I was to move from MX-S down in sponge hardness, I should try the new FX-S or EL-S?

I guess EL-S should be your first choice, since the MX-S sponge is only marginally harder than that of MX-P. The next lower level in sponge hardness will be EL-S, which should be around 45 degree - and I am pretty sure EL-S will be a fantastic rubber. FX-S might be too far on the soft side for you.

Of course the topsheets will be optimized for poly balls, but in that respect even the older Evolutions will not let you down.

I hope to be able to say a little more in a few days ...