Best Penhold Combo for Beginner?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Hi,

Thought I'd set up an account here as I have been wondering what's a good combo for a beginner. I play penhold and I've been looking at the 6030 WOOD BLADE penhold on Zeropong but I still need some rubbers. Preferably, if the rubbers could be on Zeropong, that'd be great as I'm looking to get them to assemble it for me, but really any recommendations will do. Also, I'm looking for the rubbers to be around $10 as I have a total budget of around $45 including shipping.

I've been playing penhold with a prebuilt from Amazon and I use a good mix of both FH and RPB, infact I think my RPB is getting better, but my control still needs work, so a rubber with some good control for me to learn will do great!

Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hi,

Thought I'd set up an account here as I have been wondering what's a good combo for a beginner. I play penhold and I've been looking at the 6030 WOOD BLADE penhold on Zeropong but I still need some rubbers. Preferably, if the rubbers could be on Zeropong, that'd be great as I'm looking to get them to assemble it for me, but really any recommendations will do. Also, I'm looking for the rubbers to be around $10 as I have a total budget of around $45 including shipping.

I've been playing penhold with a prebuilt from Amazon and I use a good mix of both FH and RPB, infact I think my RPB is getting better, but my control still needs work, so a rubber with some good control for me to learn will do great!

Thanks!
Currently Yasaka Sweden classic is $23 on special (TT11).

You can get Friendship FX Bluesponge for forehand and Friendship FX super soft for backhand. The rubber costs $8.7 each but really good rubber.

All up approx $46 incl shipping depending on where you are.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Currently Yasaka Sweden classic is $23 on special (TT11).

You can get Friendship FX Bluesponge for forehand and Friendship FX super soft for backhand. The rubber costs $8.7 each but really good rubber.

All up approx $46 incl shipping depending on where you are.

Thanks for the response! I was wondering what thickness for the rubbers that you'd recommend.