Please help me choose the right blade for me!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hi, I need your help.

I am buying a new blade. Am 23 years old and have started playing TT again. I was playing in middle school, during breaks with my friends and went to some recreational meetings. I was always using my father's 20+ year old butterfly with Sriver rubbers on them (never changed). Since blade is damaged I am in need of buying another one.

I have started to take TT more seriously and am playing 3-4 times a week. One day per week I have training with coach, the rest am playing vs amateur or intermediate players on local level (local clubs).

With help of other, I am learning proper technique and am trying to improve. I know that almost any setup will be improvement over my blade and no blade and rubber combination can improve how good I am. I understand that I need to practice a lot, but still want to buy somewhat good setup.

My budget for blade is up to 70 €.

I am playing close - mid-range, with a lot of FH. I heard that CN rubbers are good for learning. I want to try them and put something like Hurricane 3 Neo commercial on my FH and some EU rubber on my BH. I was looking at Nittaku Septear Lead which is not to fast for me, but I have read that hinoki outer ply makes blade more soft and while it weight 80+- g this is not too good for CN rubber. Are there problems with structure of Septear Lead if I want to use it with CN blade.

I was also looking at Stiga Infinity VPS V, but people said it is not the best quality blade. At least some reviews were claiming that.
Note: Please don't recommend Butterfly blades, because I am buying at store that does not have them (this stores gives me cheaper equipment).

Can you please help me with recommendations because I really can't decide or tell what is the best solutions. Thank you much!

Last edited:
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
DHS H301 is amazing.

You get crisp touch, control and speed all at once. It's a blade without any real minus and a cheap one too (relative to all the euro/jap blades anyway).

So many blades, I find, have some idiosyncrasy of the blade which surprises you when you touch the ball in certain shots. Kind of like the catapult of tensor rubbers. Meaning, where you hit the ball with power "2" and get speed "2", hit the ball with power "3" and get speed "5", then hit the ball with power "8" and get speed "7" etc.
Never happens with the 301. It behaves and does exactly what you want.

Not to mention that it pairs incredibly well with hard tacky rubbers like H3.
It has what I feel is better control than wood blades. More consistent 'sweet spot' which is bigger, and more linear power translation. It definitely feels better in control than my Yasaka Sweden Extra for example, with the rubbers I use on it.

Last edited: