My new foam edge tape

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Bought on aliexpress edge tape (because it was too cheap not to try) which is made not from a fabric but from a foam. It is very thick and looks funky. But seems to be very protective. Good for those who like banging their racket on the table :)

20181022_185244.jpg20181022_185326(0).jpg20181022_185335.jpg

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I've been using this huieson edge tape for a few months. It's great stuff.

This user has no status.
Bought on aliexpress edge tape (because it was too cheap not to try) which is made not from a fabric but from a foam. It is very thick and looks funky. But seems to be very protective. Good for those who like banging their racket on the table :)

That brand seems to have a lot of affordable table tennis stuff on Aliexpress. I what's the thickness for the one you've got?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017

That brand seems to have a lot of affordable table tennis stuff on Aliexpress. I what's the thickness for the one you've got?

20181027_222139-1.jpg

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
You often get these for free with any order of TT stuff from ali express. I have a whole bunch of them in my TT box, along with a whole bunch of rubber protector sheets I also got for free.
I've been using them for ages now.

And yeah you can also purchase them,

And they really do protect the blade from the occasional table edge very effectively.

Reactions: Andyzhao123
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
You often get these for free with any order of TT stuff from ali express. I have a whole bunch of them in my TT box, along with a whole bunch of rubber protector sheets I also got for free.
I've been using them for ages now.

And yeah you can also purchase them,

And they really do protect the blade from the occasional table edge very effectively.

Never got the edge tape for free (I am basically buying balls from Aliexpress only) and I got rubber protector sheet when I bought Palio AK47 once. but it was for tacky rubbers :)

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Never got the edge tape for free (I am basically buying balls from Aliexpress only) and I got rubber protector sheet when I bought Palio AK47 once. but it was for tacky rubbers :)

It's a bit random. I think it depends on the shop and what they feel like.

For example, I ordered 2 sheets of AK47Red and got them wrapped around with 2 of these edge tapes and holding 2 protection sheets between them.
Also got one with my DHS301 that I ordered.

The shop I seem to most often get these from is Palio officialr Store

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I use the foam edge tape as a gauge when cutting rubbers. The rubber on the blade is left with a slight overhang. This is useful when re-gluing the rubber as it always difficult to precisely match previously cut rubber to the blade.

Interesting idea. although it should be not that of a slight overhang imho...

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I use the foam edge tape as a gauge when cutting rubbers. The rubber on the blade is left with a slight overhang. This is useful when re-gluing the rubber as it always difficult to precisely match previously cut rubber to the blade.

People at my club to this too, very useful. I prefer the clean cut-right-at-the-edge look for my main bat but I started doing the overhang for bats and rubbers I test.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
it looks quite different though but is it allowed in the tournaments to use tapes like this?

yes, indeed it looks quite different and your eyes have to get used to it. When I had put it, I kept staring at my blade for a couple of days, so unusual it looked. Don't think that's illegal.