Guidance related to table tennis paddle and game

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi All,

I need your advice and guidance. I have started playing table tennis around 3 years back.

Started playing at office then got hooked to it. I end up buying a premade paddle. I played with it for first 2 years.

STIGA-Evolution-Table-Tennis-Racket

I thought of upgrading to my first custom paddle. Choosing was very hard decision as there were so many combinations.

I went through and read multiple blogs and learnt the following. May be my understanding flawed somewhere so need suggestion and guidance.

I got this combination around 9 months ago and have been playing with it. My performance may have improved from my earlier paddle but mostly because I am playing more. My custom paddle is heavier than my previous premade paddle.

Blade Yasaka Sweden Extra
Backhand Yasaka Mark V 1.8
Forehand DHS Hurricane 3 Neo 2.15

These are few things where I suggestion

1. Lot of people say that is not a good combination as Hurricane with all round rubber is very slow option. But considering that it is my first custom bat, what do you suggest? Is there anything wrong with this combination or should I stick to it and improve my game or change anything in the paddle?

2. Sometime i feel my Backhand is good but from last many weeks I am struggling in Backhand and either my hits are going to net or going over the table.

3. My game is very inconsistent in general. I guess that is because of my game and I am yet to learn many things. Any suggestions?

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
1. Slow option is good for the developement. Much more likely that you will end up better than the guys that say that your equipment is to slow. With slower gear it is easier to learn to strokes well.

2,3. Try tp play backhand like you did when it worked well. When you play a good backhand, try to do it again. Play much slower and softer than you can in exercises and do very easy exercises. And focus on doing the correct technique, and the same stroke all the time. This will make you safe. Then you just need to get good footwork so you always come correct to the ball so you can do the correct technique and the same stroke you are used to.

If you train much, with quality and hopefully with a good coach and try to follow my advice, you will become good in no time!
Good luck!