ur advice for mid- price upgrade offensive blade that suits Tibhar MX-S

says Do you change your rubber in your same blade (infinity...
Jun 2016
Read 6 reviews
Hello guys. it's been a while since i opened this wonderful forum, i am here again to seek ur advice for the best choice for a blade that is faster than stratus powerwood but with good feeling and dwell time( sth similar to viscaria) , BTW I chose MX-S to pair as new rubbers, I played for more than 3 years with stratus paired with rasant BH, Hurricane 8 FH, I hope i see ur suggestions based on experience, the budget is up to 90-100$ so basically i would say i can exclude butterfly category..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
... faster than stratus powerwood
... with good feeling and dwell time
... (similar to viscaria)
... budget is up to 90-100$
... exclude butterfly

With those criteria in mind:
  • Tibhar Samsonov Stratus Carbon (This would be the most 'direct' upgrade from your current blade)
  • Xiom Stradivarius
  • Andro Treiber CO or CI
  • Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon (or Soft Carbon)
  • Yasaka Alnade
  • Donic Original True Carbon
  • Donic Waldner Senso Carbon
  • Joola Rossi Emotion
I know you've said "similar to Viscaria" but, given that you're coming from a 5-ply allwood, it would probably help to specify whether you want an 'inner' or an 'outer' fibre construction. That would then trim the above list by about half one way or the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tipiak
Jun 2016
Read 6 reviews
  • Tibhar Samsonov Stratus Carbon (This would be the most 'direct' upgrade from your current blade)
  • Xiom Stradivarius
  • Andro Treiber CO or CI
  • Yasaka Alnade
  • Joola Rossi Emotion
I know you've said "similar to Viscaria" but, given that you're coming from a 5-ply allwood, it would probably help to specify whether you want an 'inner' or an 'outer' fibre construction. That would then trim the above list by about half one way or the other.

I didnt get what u meant by inner outie fibre.. but anyway I considered alnade before as viscaria's identical replacement.. for me the most important is the amount of spin generated.. speed could be adjusted

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

I didnt get what u meant by inner outie fibre.. but anyway I considered alnade before as viscaria's identical replacement.. for me the most important is the amount of spin generated.. speed could be adjusted

An 'inner' fibre blade has the synthetic layers surrounding the core ply of the blade. An 'outer' fibre blade has the synthetic layers immediately underneath the face of the blade. Here's a picture from TT Gear Lab (ttgearlab.com):

011.jpg

Generally speaking, and all other things being equal, 'inner' fibre blades will have a slightly softer/woodier feel and a little more dwell time, whereas 'outer' fibre blades will feel a bit sharper/crisper and be a touch stiffer.

By the way, it would probably help you to check out some of the reviews at ttgearlab.com - they're really good and might help you make a decision.

Last edited:
Jun 2016
Read 6 reviews

An 'inner' fibre blade has the synthetic layers surrounding the core ply of the blade. An 'outer' fibre blade has the synthetic layers immediately underneath the face of the blade. Here's a picture from TT Gear Lab (ttgearlab.com):

011.jpg

Generally speaking, and all other things being equal, 'inner' fibre blades will have a slightly softer/woodier feel and a little more dwell time, whereas 'outer' fibre blades will feel a bit sharper/crisper and be a touch stiffer.

By the way, it would probably help you to check out some of the reviews at ttgearlab.com - they're really good and might help you make a decision.

good addition though.. long time since i was interested in TT equipments logic

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2021
Would you please advise matching rubbers to DHS Fang Bo B2X blade - aim Is fast accurate blade with good feel
Is DHS Neo Hurricane 3 loop / attack 40 or 41 at 2.1 or 2.15 propper rubber for FH
what about BH rubber
DHS Fang Bo B2x - probably best bang for the buck ALC on the market IMO especially if you catch it on special from TT11DHS Hurricane 301

Last edited:
Jun 2016
Read 6 reviews
  • Xiom Stradivarius
  • Andro Treiber CO or CI
  • Yasaka Alnade
  • Joola Rossi Emotion
May i ask what website is the best to see blade structures and have information for equipment ,,etc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Would you please advise matching rubbers to DHS Fang Bo B2X blade - aim Is fast accurate blade with good feel
Is DHS Neo Hurricane 3 loop / attack 40 or 41 at 2.1 or 2.15 propper rubber for FH
what about BH rubber

H3N can be a little slow and hard to adjust unless you take big strokes. If you're using H8 I'd stick to that or checkout H8-80 which I am currently using on my BH. It plays surprisingly similar to D05 which I use on my FH. It's a fast and very well priced rubber.

Reactions: sasho
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2021
thank you very much
now I am biased to Hurricane 8-80 rubber and Fang Bo B2X blade
would you please describe briefly Hurricane 8-80 compared to Dignics 05
Is It fine for both FH and BH, which hardness to pay attention H37 or H38