First custom bat for amateur player

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Hi, my name is Isaac, and I'm sure what I'm gonna ask its a frecuently asked question. I'll try to be explicit. I'm 25, I played tt for years, but really in an amateur level, always learning by myself. My pre assembled Joola has like 10yo and I think I need a new partner.

My playstyle is really simple, I want something fast in the forehand (with my joola I feel I cannot power the ball too much) with also good spin. In the backhand I prefer to play with more control, I really like to topspin with the backhand, not that fast. in conclusion, I want to step up in table tennis with a new bat, something with I can grow up as a player. My budget its about 100$, I can even affort to pay a bit more for better quality equipment.

Regards, Isaac.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

It looks fantastic. I have been watching reviews and It's something I was looking for. I have one question tho, people speak about tensor or linear rubbers. As a physicist for me those concepts have a meaning in my brain. Tell me if I'm wrong, but tensor is like a rubber whose response to a stroke its accelerated and a linear rubber is a rubber whose response is directly correlated with the strengh I hit the ball?

It looks fantastic. I have been watching reviews and It's something I was looking for. I have one question tho, people speak about tensor or linear rubbers. As a physicist for me those concepts have a meaning in my brain. Tell me if I'm wrong, but tensor is like a rubber whose response to a stroke its accelerated and a linear rubber is a rubber whose response is directly correlated with the strengh I hit the ball?

Yes, Tensor rubbers release more energy at a hit where a linear absorb more, in general that is…

The new larger ball is slower and has less spin than the old one so it is an attempt to compensate for this.

Cheers
L-zr

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/racket-nittaku-septear-fastarc-c-1

A bit more demanding than the Yasaka with the Xioms but also a great deal.
And its konkave if you play that handle,the Yasake Bundle is a straight handle,or am i mistaken?

The blade looks okay. The rubbers would be harder to control than the rubbers on the setup SofaChamp linked to.

Handle choice is a personal preference. But any handle will work fine. Some people do like straight handles better. Other people like flared handles better. I think that is what you mean by "konkave" (in English: concave) is flared. I know, the name is different in different languages.

But the handle itself matters less than the overall setup.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
yes i meant flared,you really think it doesn´t matter?
I played anatomic my whole life and never changed it,cause it fits my grip the best.(I know anatomic is Dinosaur Style,lol)
I used to really like Anatomic. I think that is fine. Anatomic and straight are more similar than you might realize.

Why I like flared is, it is thinner in my hand. And since I don't actually hold the handle, there being less where my hand "holds" is a good thing. But, yeah. I don't think it matters. I am confident I could use a blade with any handle and be fine.

In the end, what you get used to is going to work if you give yourself time to get used to it. The most important issues with equipment are: that the equipment is not too fast for you to control.

If you have the option to have a blade in your hand and see how you like the way it feels, that is nice. But in the end, what ever you get, you get used to and you learn how to use that.

Reactions: Haraold
This user has no status.
I had gotten used to anatomic and that´s the reason i play it to this day,so you are right.
But if i have the choice i would always choose the anatomic handle ( I know its harder to twiddle with that handle,but i dont do it anyway).
I agree that straight Handle is pretty close to anatomic,moreso than flared i think,and if i have a loose grip it almost isn´t an issue.
But for blocks it gives me more stability that´s why i prefered it,but thats just my personal taste.
The OP didn´t mention which handle he plays that´s why I linked the flared bundle,cause most people play either straight or flared nowadays,at least from my experience.
Anyhow,GL to the OP on finding a good setup for him,and welcome to the jungle of EJ:)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl