Need a wood upgrade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Now im playing with Stiga Clipper wood with 2 times Andro Hexer Power Grip 2,1 rubber.
I really like the setup and rubbers. But i feel i would like to have more power and spin. Really feels like I have to use my full body in every ball, and thats hard to do. Im a two wings looper and alså a punch blocker on fh.
My fh is my mainly weapon
I dont feel any response or catapult from my wood.
I also tried to use andro Ligna TP off wood with the same rubbers, but thats seems more slower and harder to finish points.
So my thoughts were going for a carbon wood or something faster than Stiga Clipper.
Any suggestions I can look at and what about the rubbers Im using.
Are they okay with the new ball????

Im looking at a Donic Ovtcharov wood. Great words people are saying about it.
But is it good and with better spin and faster than my Stiga Clipper wood???
What about rubbers to the Donic blade.
Will the two Andro Power grip rubbers suit it or what else???

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Timo Boll ALC or viscaria are the two most standard choices. I mean there a lot of possibilities. But if you play in a club with more than six other people the chances someone plays with those two blades is very high. Ask if you could try them out for a few and see how it feels to you. If those don't feel more powerful and spinnier than your clipper the next step is TB ZLC or an SZLC ZJK/MJ/whatever. Or you could go with an inner carbon blade, but that would feel more different from the clipper so it might be hard for you to judge it without buying one yourself.

There is a very active resale market for all the blades I mentioned. So you could look for one used, and if you decide to change later simply resell it for 10 - 30 euro less, depending on how much you used and any damage. That's by far the most cost-effectvie way to ej for blades, imo.

Reactions: WingTT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015

Had looked at it earlier, but i want a straight handle.
Maybe i think faster and better rubbers could do the thing on my Stiga Clipper blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
#515 looks really nice for that price to me.
It´s even cheaper than a Clipper.
But thou as you wish.
I can only say good things about SDC.

Have looked at #530 instead, becauese its faster and more crispy feeling he said

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015

Lazer you play a SDC Blade too,and the new one is also too fast?
you play away from the Table Hustler?

Yes i do.
i also have a spare wood Sanwei Fextra.
but is it better faster and easier to generate spin with rather than Clipper wood