PDA

View Full Version : How long does a rubber last in the package?

Svttc
12-10-2012, 04:00 AM
So I bought a tenergy today since it was on sale, but I'm not going to use it until like january or february. Since the package isn't vaccum sealed, air can go into the package, I was wondering if this does anything to the rubber. Will the rubber lose most of its quality?

XIII
12-10-2012, 06:11 AM
It's a Tenergy, it does require tackiness, Tenergy has some tackiness but that's not Tenergy's power.
Tenergy's quality comes from the sponge so as long as the sponge is alright basically the rubber is alright.
This is also why shopkeepers can store Tenergy for a long time.

ttunreal
12-10-2012, 11:08 AM
So I bought a tenergy today since it was on sale, but I'm not going to use it until like january or february. Since the package isn't vaccum sealed, air can go into the package, I was wondering if this does anything to the rubber. Will the rubber lose most of its quality?

Doesn't the WHOLE tenergy package come in the plastic packaging though; the one you have to rip and THEN be able to open the paper packaging? If that's the case, then it should be alright; no air is coming through :)

XIII
12-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Doesn't the WHOLE tenergy package come in the plastic packaging though; the one you have to rip and THEN be able to open the paper packaging? If that's the case, then it should be alright; no air is coming through :)
Exactly right....

T!Christian
12-10-2012, 01:25 PM

Normally there is absolutely not or in the worst case just a slightly change of the surface of the rubber. But none that really matters.
But i recomennd you, if you want your rubber to be safe and have nearly no contact with air put them into resealable plastic bags like these:
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/428371685/1500pcs-lot-Clear-Resealable-Plastic-font-b-Bags-b-font-PE-font-b-Zip-b-font.jpg
I don't know if it helps but it seems legit to me :P

XIII
12-11-2012, 05:45 AM
Normally there is absolutely not or in the worst case just a slightly change of the surface of the rubber. But none that really matters.
But i recomennd you, if you want your rubber to be safe and have nearly no contact with air put them into resealable plastic bags like these:
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/428371685/1500pcs-lot-Clear-Resealable-Plastic-font-b-Bags-b-font-PE-font-b-Zip-b-font.jpg
I don't know if it helps but it seems legit to me :P
Those bags look so small I doubt the rubber can fit :P

T!Christian
12-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Those bags look so small I doubt the rubber can fit :P

Haha! Of course bigger ones :)

Tom
12-11-2012, 03:59 PM

Spot on, you can keep a rubber in its packet for years and it would still be fine :)