PDA

View Full Version : Help against a chopper

--Furry--
08-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Hey guyzz ! Can someone give me some tips when playing against a chopper ! i can loop the ball after a few " chopping sessions " :P !!
but really i need help when i try to push the ball it goes in the net ! some help :)

Thanks

Der_Echte
08-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Read the spin. Grip the bat very lightly. Move to the ball. Impact the ball lightly immediately after it bounces. Open the bat. You will notice a HUGE increase in your ability to control that cut ball and give it back safely where you want it.

kjanko
08-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Read the spin. Grip the bat very lightly. Move to the ball. Impact the ball lightly immediately after it bounces. Open the bat. You will notice a HUGE increase in your ability to control that cut ball and give it back safely where you want it.

Or loop it at the top of the bounce and watch how his backspin destroys him :)

Alborz
08-11-2013, 02:22 PM
If the chop is not low then you can open your bat and just smash the ball. If it is low then just push it back and wait for a high ball to smash it.

kjanko
08-11-2013, 03:58 PM
If the chop is not low then you can open your bat and just smash the ball. If it is low then just push it back and wait for a high ball to smash it.

Being a chopper doesn't mean you have to chop every single ball. If the ball you push doesn't have enough topspin when It's returned, the guy will just smash it at your face. Just keep looping them and make him fight that massive topspin of yours.

Der_Echte
08-11-2013, 05:47 PM
We can give him tips all day on how to play vs a chopper, but the OP was asking how to deal with an underspin ball by cutting it back.

EricTian
08-12-2013, 02:12 AM
If you're aiming for more of an extremely spinny, high arc loop, wait for the ball to drop to about third timing which is about table level.
If you're going for a faster, more aggressive drive, go for it at the top of the bounce.
Appropriate techniques are up there^

Cornerer
08-12-2013, 02:23 AM
Seems like only very few here understand the meaning of the term "push" ...

I suggest try adjusting your push to become almost the exact opposite of how u "wrap" the ball for your loopings

HLDang
08-12-2013, 03:50 AM
If the push is going into the net, you might be moving too forward with it. If you touch it lightly off the bounce, it should carry over. Once you have a feeling of how much spin is on it, then you can dictate how you will add more back on the ball on the next push return.

Alborz
08-12-2013, 08:34 AM
Being a chopper doesn't mean you have to chop every single ball. If the ball you push doesn't have enough topspin when It's returned, the guy will just smash it at your face. Just keep looping them and make him fight that massive topspin of yours.
I mean play a short push against low chops, some kinda dropshot. Trust me, i have won against so many chopers even i'm more a blocker than a looper.