PDA

View Full Version : Most Liked TableTennisDaily User of 2014!

TableTennisDaily
01-10-2015, 08:57 AM
The like feature on TableTennisDaily was introduced in 2013 and has been used regularly to express a thanks to a members post on TableTennisDaily. In 2014 @zjkfanforever was the most liked TableTennisDaily user of the year connecting everyone to Chinese Table Tennis News instantly with his unique topics and posts.

Many popular topics created and posted by @zjkfanforever were:

- Chinese National Championships (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9022-Chinese-National-Championships-2014)
- Chinese Super League (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?8503-China-Super-League-(CTTSL)-2014-Finals)
- Men's Team Warm Up Matches for WTTTC (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?7886-CNT-2014-WTTTC-Men-s-Team-Warm-Up-Matches)
- Asian Cup (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?7488-GAC-Asian-Cup-2014)
- China Trials for WTTC 2015 (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9358-CNT-Men-s-%93Road-to-Suzhou-quot-2nd-Trial-(Dec-26-27-29-30))

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/mostlikedttduserof2014.jpg

The 2nd most liked user of 2014 was @Der_Echte with his humour and equipment expertise. The third most liked user of the year was super coach @Tony's Table Tennis with his excellent knowledge in China Table Tennis and his great understanding in coaching. Our fourth and fifth most liked user of the year goes to @Mahomedy and @UpSideDownCarl with their incredible helpfulness to other TableTennisDaily members in regards to equipment questions and lots more. Our 8th most liked user of 2014 went to @Alborz with his general all round knowledge helping TTD users throughout the year.

We would like to thank the incredible youtubers of @MrThePortal @Janus @TTLondon2014 @GECA @TTCountenance @JoshGSY and many more for their continued support on TTD! And for @Steven for the fantastic monthly World Ranking Reviews!

This month we will release our upcoming Review Centre which will bring a whole new life to TableTennisDaily allowing users to like individual reviews. This time next year we will find out who the Top Reviewers of 2015 will be!

TableTennisDaily would like to thank every single user and browser for their contributions to the website. Lets have a fantastic year!

See you around,
TTD

mahomedy13
01-10-2015, 02:39 PM
a review centre...sounds really interesting.

rajd1234
01-10-2015, 04:12 PM
I think some part of it already started or maybe TTD was testing. Sometimes I get a rubber or a blade name in the tapatalk app and when i open the tread I find a short product description with someone's review on it.

@Dan: Is that what you are referring to?

Der_Echte
01-11-2015, 05:27 AM
Haha, Rajd opens up Tapatalk and sees hiz Tibhar/Nexy Actium review. :)

Der_Echte
01-11-2015, 05:28 AM
If anyone was keeping a count, Carl and I MUST have led the way in hijacked threads.

Would be LULZ if the forum had a Hijack This button.

amateurplayer
01-11-2015, 10:46 AM
All you guys are awesome, And thanks Dan for TTD.
I'm looking forward to the upcoming Review Center.!!!
:)

rajd1234
01-11-2015, 02:48 PM
Haha, Rajd opens up Tapatalk and sees hiz Tibhar/Nexy Actium review. :)

Or... Rajd opens up Tapatalk and sees Der_echte's Kanaph review. :)

Der_Echte
01-11-2015, 09:18 PM
I just got done doing an entire 15 match tourney with the Kanaph, included a pic or two of it with a selfie and some buddy photos in the "First Tourney in a Year" thread.

Dan
01-11-2015, 09:45 PM
No worries everyone! Thank you to you all for forming such a great community!

a review centre...sounds really interesting.

It sure is. It should be launched this Tuesday! A lot of time and focus has gone into it, I hope you like it.

I think some part of it already started or maybe TTD was testing. Sometimes I get a rubber or a blade name in the tapatalk app and when i open the tread I find a short product description with someone's review on it.

@Dan: Is that what you are referring to?

Yeah your totally right here. That is exactly what it is referring to. We are updating the forum so you don't see that in the tapatalk app soon. It will not appear once the equipment review centre has launched.

I just got done doing an entire 15 match tourney with the Kanaph, included a pic or two of it with a selfie and some buddy photos in the "First Tourney in a Year" thread.

Just saw your pictures. Awesome snaps, looks like a great event. You are a cool dude @Der_Echte!

Der_Echte
01-11-2015, 11:05 PM
Yeah Dan, the pics came out OK, despite me being all washed up from a year+ of little to no TT and showed some forum buddies and I had a blast, but the Tourney Director would NOT allow me to take a pic of doing the RUMGAY pose after winning the match that sent me to the FINALS of the Open. ;)

At least the tourney showed me I still know how to have fun. Gunna hafta work on winning vs players two levels better than me though.

CaptainBit
01-12-2015, 03:08 AM
This may be a silly question but I cannot for the life of me find a "LIKE" button anywhere on my view of the forum.
Help please..... I feel as if I am missing out....hehe.

UpSideDownCarl
01-12-2015, 03:41 AM
This may be a silly question but I cannot for the life of me find a "LIKE" button anywhere on my view of the forum.
Help please..... I feel as if I am missing out....hehe.

You can also see my Private message. But, what internet browser are you using? What do you see at the bottom of any person's post under their name, country and other information?

Der_Echte
01-12-2015, 03:52 AM
Maybe the site software is setup to NOT allow likes until a user has so many posts or time as a memebr... Who knows, mabye the clowns who staged the fake beheading of ISIS had their hands on this one...

UpSideDownCarl
01-12-2015, 04:00 AM
Maybe the site software is setup to NOT allow likes until a user has so many posts or time as a memebr... Who knows, mabye the clowns who staged the fake beheading of ISIS had their hands on this one...

Yup. Must have been ISIS cutting off the hand! "We must cut off the hand of the like button on TTDaily before too many people press that like button!" I can hear them plotting this from my secret hideout.

Tony's Table Tennis
01-12-2015, 06:39 AM
Thank you for the kind words Dan, I defiantly know a lot of better posters who should get more recognition, and way ahead of me for that matter.
Same thing that it is very easy to have "fake likes" too to pust for higher positions.

Never the less, quality of post is always the most import in forums and I hope quality of post on TTD will continue to improve to higher standards.
I know few top international posters are spending really little time on TTD compared to other forums, so hope we can attract them here.

All the best for 2015!

Der_Echte
01-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Yup. Must have been ISIS cutting off the hand! "We must cut off the hand of the like button on TTDaily before too many people press that like button!" I can hear them plotting this from my secret hideout.

Nah Carl, I waz in your Stakeout House #13, youknow, the one you got connected to all the NSA wiretaps. I clearly heard the leader state it was the Hijack button they were targeting. Had something to do with stopping TTD innovation before it gets implemented.

DAN, you doing great job with the forum buddy, those ISIS clowns are too incompetent to wreck you site or gator wrastle with us. your reach is Worldwide.

UpSideDownCarl
01-12-2015, 03:31 PM
The hijack button is a new feature that is supposed to be top secret. Too bad everybody knows our reputation for hijacking otherwise innocent threads.

And my bet is, CaptainBit will find the like button and everybody else including Dan will find the hijack button and call us on our mutinous tactics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Der_Echte
01-14-2015, 01:10 AM
Sssshhhhhh'ssshh.

CaptainBit
01-14-2015, 03:20 AM
Yes Carl you were correct, I did finally have the like button appear on my post feeds.
I have no idea why, or when, what ever, was done, or by whom, but i can now like everyone's postings.
Now i just have to find this "Highjack" button you speak of ?

..........:rolleyes: scratches head muttering.....

Der_Echte
01-14-2015, 03:31 AM
Yes Carl you were correct, I did finally have the like button appear on my post feeds.
I have no idea why, or when, what ever, was done, or by whom, but i can now like everyone's postings.

Stick around the forum and keep your eyes open CaptainBit... It won't take long for you to realize why we said that.

TableTennisDaily
01-14-2015, 11:06 PM

Glad the like buttons are now working! :) We have deactivated the like button to appear until a user has 5 posts this is to reduce spam bots liking posts. It works very well doing this.

CaptainBit
01-15-2015, 07:47 AM
Glad the like buttons are now working! :) We have deactivated the like button to appear until a user has 5 posts this is to reduce spam bots liking posts. It works very well doing this.

We that explains it............ thank you.

Der_Echte
01-15-2015, 01:05 PM
The "Hijack This Thread" button doesn't appear until you have 100 quality posts, so hang around CaptainBit and join the fun riot we got here.

UpSideDownCarl
01-15-2015, 03:23 PM
The "Hijack This Thread" button doesn't appear until you have 100 quality posts, so hang around CaptainBit and join the fun riot we got here.

Or is it that it only appears when you have successfully hijacked 100 threads. Der_Echte and I are way over 1000 threads hijacked and counting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaptainBit
01-17-2015, 11:15 PM
So does this one qualify as my first "highjack" towards my 100 badge total?

(Is it hijack or highjack ) ? I do not want to appear iggorint.

Der_Echte
01-18-2015, 12:13 AM
To successfully Hijack a thread, one must start commenting on the thread after it has gone on a while and talk about something totally different. Usually, a hijack is forcefully taking the intent of the conversation suddenly into a different direction. Carl and I got an ART about how to do that.

Still, at the end of the day, whatever we are saying is relevant to the OP's post, it is just from an odd direction with some salty or colorful comparisons or expressions no one saw coming. We know how to talk about jumping off bridges while still basically staying on topic.

Naw Captain Bit, you ought to try something like trying to talk about tainted vaccines and how innefective they are and how they arecontributing to hte effects of accumluated poison in us, and still say something related to hte original thread, like yeah, I don't know how that joker Der_Echte got so many likes in 2014, but it is clearly Carl's turn to top the charts in 2015.

That would qualify as a "good" Hijack.

Hijacking happens all the time without anyone deliberately trying to derail the talk (like Carl and I do) we just see one post, and next post talk about it and the thread just drifts off another direction all by itself without any help from me and Carl. You line up 20 people in a classroom or whereever, whisper into the ear of person #1 a detailed 1-2 sentences, something like Captain Obvious has had enough of thread Hijacking and will iniitate a manhunt on Carl and that worhtless Der_Echte to restore world order."

By the time #20 hears it and tries to repeat what he heard from #19, he might say something like "The Illuminari have teamed up with William and Carl to take over a new world order and need to be stopped."

I agree Illuminari need to be stopped, but you wont see them teeming with Carl or Der_Echte. if it looks like that, Carl is just trying to bait them to step onto his prepared trapdoor he installed in his building. Once he gets suckers to stand over the drop-zone, he hits a button on his smartphone, a trapdoor quickly springs open, and the suckers fall speedily down a steep slippery chute into the building's septic tank that is half-full. There are enough sewer rats in that thing to sustain a crew of four for a week, then it is every man for himself. Watch out for Carl, he has secret places and more high-tech traps than Q from James Bond series.

You read enough of our Hijacked threads and you'll know what we are talking about.

Still, we find a way to have fun and still talk about the original TT topic though.

The producers of TT vids have, and will continue, to get their deserved likes from TTD members.

UpSideDownCarl
01-18-2015, 02:51 AM
To successfully Hijack a thread, one must start commenting on the thread after it has gone on a while and talk about something totally different. Usually, a hijack is forcefully taking the intent of the conversation suddenly into a different direction. Carl and I got an ART about how to do that.

Still, at the end of the day, whatever we are saying is relevant to the OP's post, it is just from an odd direction with some salty or colorful comparisons or expressions no one saw coming. We know how to talk about jumping off bridges while still basically staying on topic.

Naw Captain Bit, you ought to try something like trying to talk about tainted vaccines and how innefective they are and how they arecontributing to hte effects of accumluated poison in us, and still say something related to hte original thread, like yeah, I don't know how that joker Der_Echte got so many likes in 2014, but it is clearly Carl's turn to top the charts in 2015.

That would qualify as a "good" Hijack.

Hijacking happens all the time without anyone deliberately trying to derail the talk (like Carl and I do) we just see one post, and next post talk about it and the thread just drifts off another direction all by itself without any help from me and Carl. You line up 20 people in a classroom or whereever, whisper into the ear of person #1 a detailed 1-2 sentences, something like Captain Obvious has had enough of thread Hijacking and will iniitate a manhunt on Carl and that worhtless Der_Echte to restore world order."

By the time #20 hears it and tries to repeat what he heard from #19, he might say something like "The Illuminari have teamed up with William and Carl to take over a new world order and need to be stopped."

I agree Illuminari need to be stopped, but you wont see them teeming with Carl or Der_Echte. if it looks like that, Carl is just trying to bait them to step onto his prepared trapdoor he installed in his building. Once he gets suckers to stand over the drop-zone, he hits a button on his smartphone, a trapdoor quickly springs open, and the suckers fall speedily down a steep slippery chute into the building's septic tank that is half-full. There are enough sewer rats in that thing to sustain a crew of four for a week, then it is every man for himself. Watch out for Carl, he has secret places and more high-tech traps than Q from James Bond series.

You read enough of our Hijacked threads and you'll know what we are talking about.

Still, we find a way to have fun and still talk about the original TT topic though.

The producers of TT vids have, and will continue, to get their deserved likes from TTD members.

Well, this post just about sums up how Der_Echte can hijack a thread, and get so many likes all at the same time.

And even though he, as of yet, has not revealed that the secret hideout with the trapdoor and the septic tank trap, was rigged up and tricked out by none other than Q of James Bond fame, he hinted at it and told a story of how the Butterfly Mafia was after me for using pro model Tenergy unauthorized, so I sunk them in the trap door septic tank with a boat load of old H3 to get them to sink faster. All this just to get on that like list through hijackings.

And it could be highjackings if the issue had something to do with getting high so that might work equally well as hijacking. But it might be a different button.

Tinykin
01-18-2015, 06:01 AM

Dan, what is a likess?

Der_Echte
01-19-2015, 04:13 AM
If no one noticed, Carl is on pace to have over 700 likes this year. I think the Minnions are pumping up his like count, but that is makeup for all the posts he did in the past that were looked over for one reason or another.

I predict that by the end of 2015, Carl will have almost 1500 likes and ALMOST that many thread Hi-Jacks. He will clearly be the most liked TTD member in 2015, and if not, at least the most liked Thread Hi-Jacker of 'em all.

What is puzzling me is why Baal isn't even in this month's like top ten chart. Most of his posts are worthy of a like, often worthy of POUNDING the like button. maybe not a lot of people know Baal from the TT forum world, he has a longer reputation than I have and he certainly has nothing to prove in the sport, he has been there and done that more than 99% of the forum.

UpSideDownCarl
01-19-2015, 11:57 AM
If no one noticed, Carl is on pace to have over 700 likes this year. I think the Minnions are pumping up his like count, but that is makeup for all the posts he did in the past that were looked over for one reason or another.

I predict that by the end of 2015, Carl will have almost 1500 likes and ALMOST that many thread Hi-Jacks. He will clearly be the most liked TTD member in 2015, and if not, at least the most liked Thread Hi-Jacker of 'em all.

What is puzzling me is why Baal isn't even in this month's like top ten chart. Most of his posts are worthy of a like, often worthy of POUNDING the like button. maybe not a lot of people know Baal from the TT forum world, he has a longer reputation than I have and he certainly has nothing to prove in the sport, he has been there and done that more than 99% of the forum.

I don't know about that guy Carl, but all of Baal's posts that I see are top quality.