Zhang Jike stops Ma Long's win streak as he is crowned the Slovenian Open 2012 Champion! (VIDEO)

Zhang Jike stops Ma Long's win streak as he is crowned the Slovenian Open 2012 Champion!

Zhang Jike wins the Slovenian Open World Tour on the 29th Januaryy 2012. Zhang Jike defeated compatriot and World number 1 Ma Long in a seven set thriller! Many people argued in our chat stream on which player would win. The momentum of the match swung each way every two to three points.

Zhang Jike defeated Ma Long by four games to three with scores: 6-11, 11-4, 7-11, 11-4, 11-7, 9-11, 11-7

Zhang+Jike+ITTF+Pro+Tour+Table+Tennis+Grand+AgWZyq  V3oEvl.jpg

Photo by: Scott Heavey/Getty Images Europe

Zhang Jike stopped Ma Long achieving an all time record which would have been in the ITTF Hall of Fame for many years to come! Wang Liqin and Ma Long both hold the ITTF Pro Tour Record for winning five consecutive Pro Tour wins. Liqin won the Denmark Open 2000, ITTF Pro Tour Grand Finals 2000, England Open 2000 and China and Swedish Open in 2001.

Ma Long has also won five consecutive ITTF Pro Tours and World Tours including:
1) Harmony China Open 2011
2) Austrian Open 2011
3) Swedish Open 2011
4) ITTF Pro Tour Grand Finals 2011
5) Hungarian Open World Tour 2012

Perhaps getting 6 is just not possible?

Congratulations to Zhang Jike as he is crowned the new Slovenian Open World Tour 2012 Champion.

To watch all the matches from the Slovenian Open click here

Thanks for joining us in the ITTF Live Streaming with chat. We all hope you enjoyed TableTennisDaily's news from this spectacular event. Stay tuned for next week's European Top 12!

TableTennisDaily

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Great win for Zhang Jike the worlds best defensive player with an excellent attack when needed.
Barry Meisel

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
@barrymeisel I think you confused Zhang Jike with Joo Se Hyuk. Jike is an offensive player (I don't mean he is rude ahaha. OK, I'll stop with puns) and I would add he played insanely to beat Ma Long. Truely a great match!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
# Another version of the Final (Full Match/Shortened)

(ms-f) MA LONG - ZHANG Jike [
Full Match|Short Form]

--enjoy!!!
:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
I saw Ma Long trying to hold his tears back then.
An end of a legendary streak.

ZKJ totally deserved to stop it. Boss.

@barrymeisel I think you confused Zhang Jike with Joo Se Hyuk. Jike is an offensive player (I don't mean he is rude ahaha. OK, I'll stop with puns) and I would add he played insanely to beat Ma Long. Truely a great match!

Jike plays blocks which is also a part of his defense.
Defensive here means that he is rather a defensive offensive player.