Who do you think will win the China Open 2017?

• Ma Long

Votes: 51 57.3%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
the place is empty, i know the chinese men quit but i was expecting more spectators :confused:

Actually table tennis fans have increased recently cause of zjk . After his exit stadium shows their real face . And worse than this ml xx and fzd exit made the stadium look more empty than it was .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
I recall a scene from the classic martial arts movie "Enter the Dragon". Bruce Lee's character is fighting Chuck Norris' character, and Bruce's character has a habit of bobbing and bouncing on his feet. As Chuck's character begins to lose, he, too, starts bobbing and bouncing on his feet, imitating Bruce's character, and that is when Bruce's character knows he has defeated him. To me choing is the same. If I change my behavior to that of my opponent, because it seems to work for them, they have won. I need to do what works for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Well said. If chooing works for the individual based on their psyche, great. If not, it is artificial and possibly disrupting to the player (let's ignore the entire Harimoto "excessive chooing" minefield for now).

If you dont want to get disrupted u wont get disrupted, if you find his behavior annoying then it will be annoying. TT is all about self awareness and focus . If you focus on what the opponent does besides the game, then u have it wrong. Even if he does it on puropose then you should be ashamed that you fell for some cheap jedi mind tricks

DISGRACE !

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn....=585737a9a7ef4a05b799daf6c2d192c1&oe=5A108300

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I recall a scene from the classic martial arts movie "Enter the Dragon". Bruce Lee's character is fighting Chuck Norris' character, and Bruce's character has a habit of bobbing and bouncing on his feet. As Chuck's character begins to lose, he, too, starts bobbing and bouncing on his feet, imitating Bruce's character, and that is when Bruce's character knows he has defeated him. To me choing is the same. If I change my behavior to that of my opponent, because it seems to work for them, they have won. I need to do what works for me.

It was a good movie. But believe it or not, sometimes what works for you can be giving the opponent a version of what they are doing to you. Again, I am not speaking about players who do not celebrate. I am speaking about players who celebrate but become seemingly reticent to do so when playing Harimoto.

Reactions: Richie
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
It was a good movie. But believe it or not, sometimes what works for you can be giving the opponent a version of what they are doing to you. Again, I am not speaking about players who do not celebrate. I am speaking about players who celebrate but become seemingly reticent to do so when playing Harimoto.

This is true.
It's also worth saying, even though these are top professional players, playing a 13 year old boy is probably not something they are used to. They also need to adapt, be it mentally or tactically. It's easy to talk the talk, walking the walk is bound to be quite different, at least the first time it is "walked".. or played ;). Perhaps they will use a different approach the second time they play him. Perhaps Harimoto will start to struggle more mentally if he keeps beating top players and the more he is expected to win? Only time will tell.

This user has no status.
Personally, I love the way Harimoto does it. He also does other things, like shuffle his feet when coming out of towel breaks. When an edge shot is hit he still apologises, as opposed to gloat. He's seems to me to be trying to psych himself up rather than to piss the opponent off, and I'm okay with that.

I personally would love to cho more than I do, but I worry that it offends others. That's why the other things Harimoto does is very interesting to me, and I may adopt them as non-aggressive ways to get myself going.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
If you dont want to get disrupted u wont get disrupted, if you find his behavior annoying then it will be annoying. TT is all about self awareness and focus . If you focus on what the opponent does besides the game, then u have it wrong. Even if he does it on puropose then you should be ashamed that you fell for some cheap jedi mind tricks

DISGRACE !

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn....=585737a9a7ef4a05b799daf6c2d192c1&oe=5A108300

I think you misunderstand. I was referring to the player her/himself verbally expressing in a way that does not come naturally to her/him. My comment had nothing to do with focus on the opponent. Although I do agree that it is up to you whether you get annoyned by the opponent psyching her/himself up.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Here, Timo's fh rubber seems different than tenergy. Check his bh rubber, it's looking max thickness tenergy, but his fh seems either thin, or different. I don't know, might be looking like this because of lighting and angled picture.
3d32d8f657c0e431a0e42e5becb90d6c.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Here, Timo's fh rubber seems different than tenergy. Check his bh rubber, it's looking max thickness tenergy, but his fh seems either thin, or different. I don't know, might be looking like this because of lighting and angled picture.
3d32d8f657c0e431a0e42e5becb90d6c.jpg

The snapshot I took is poor quality. You can check ittfworld 's Instagram