Need advise: Broke my blade from my handle

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
I broke my Hurricane long 3 blade today due to some stupid action. The blade itself had no damage, it's broken between the handle. Even the handle has no damage. I can slice the blade between the handle and put this carefully on the broken part of the blade Has any one tried to glue a broken blade and play with it afterwards. I was wondering if the feel would be different. And most important: would the blade left the handle during play?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

says Aging is a killer
I would buy a new blade and be done with it.
You are in the middle of the TT season, so buy a new one now and do the repair later when you have time.
Repair requires good carpenter skills in order for a good result. Most people I know that have tried were not satisfied or said that the blade wasn't the same after the repair.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I broke my Hurricane long 3 blade today due to some stupid action. The blade itself had no damage, it's broken between the handle. Even the handle has no damage. I can slice the blade between the handle and put this carefully on the broken part of the blade Has any one tried to glue a broken blade and play with it afterwards. I was wondering if the feel would be different. And most important: would the blade left the handle during play?

Can you show photos of the break. To me it sounds like something that would not be worth fixing, at least from the words. But a photo will show for sure what is going on. Then some of the blade makers on the forum can give advice on ways to actually fix it.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Tonight played with the glued frame again. I could not feel any difference. So this was a good choice to repair.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I'd buy that from u for 30$

Where the pictures at?

With each subsequent post, crayon, I get more and more worried about your reasoning skills and your sanity. Where did this comment come from? I think you meant to post it in that thread where the guy is trying to sell the Stratus Power Wood with the Vega Pro and Europe rubbers.

But, hey, why not try and buy a racket that someone isn't selling, especially if it is really expensive, would be terrible for you, and IS BROKEN. Perfectly logical.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Lol, I want a long blade. May be when I get better. I'm using 729 general on a butterfly Korbel. Probably the worst combo but meh.

That actually probably isn't a bad setup. Keep the Korbel blade. When you feel the rubbers are worn enough, get whatever rubbers you want. But you should just keep that blade if you have it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Justin, this information is for you. This stuff is worth understanding.

For a player who is under 2000 level, probably the most important thing for improving your game is to learn how to generate MORE SPIN. Not just a little bit more spin, but massive amounts of spin. This is how you control the ball, overpower your opponent and keep the ball on the table all at the same time.

The cool, fancy, high priced composite blades that cost a ton of money are great blades but they are generally not the best blades for learning to generate more spin.

A 5 play, All+/Off- rated blade with good dwell time and good feeling is what you want. Those will actually help you learn to hold the ball on the blade face for longer and spin the ball much more.

A composite blade will give you less feeling so it will make it harder for you to learn the touch of keeping the ball on the blade face and spinning the ball. They are also usually pretty fast so the ball is flying off your racket much sooner than you would want UNLESS YOU WERE PRETTY HIGH LEVEL and already knew how to spin the ball very well.

That Korbel blade you have is a bit faster than you'd want. But it is close enough. You can get away with it. If you had a blade that was a little slower so you needed more power and better technique to get good shots, it would actually be to your advantage. That would help you develop a fuller swing. But you can get away with using the Korbel. However, you wouldn't want something like a Garaydia T5000 Carbon blade. That would ensure that you learn to slap the ball and not to spin it. And you probably wouldn't want HL3 or an HL5.

But in the end, you are a big boy. You can make the same equipment mistakes so many lower level players make when they think they know what they are doing and get the fastest setup they can get their hands on.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Very few people under 1500 understand what I mean when I say "learn how to spin the ball." If you could spin the ball the way I am talking about, you would not be under 1500-1600. So, let's assume I am talking about something different.

But I know NextLevel knows how to spin the ball.

And I definitely am not talking about chopping. Nothing wrong with chopping. But I don't mean that. I mean topspin with a giant arc and a massive kick that would explode off the rubber and hit the ceiling if a 1200 level player tried to block or counter it.

This user has no status.
Very few people under 1500 understand what I mean when I say "learn how to spin the ball." If you could spin the ball the way I am talking about, you would not be under 1500-1600. So, let's assume I am talking about something different.

But I know NextLevel knows how to spin the ball.

And I definitely am not talking about chopping. Nothing wrong with chopping. But I don't mean that. I mean topspin with a giant arc and a massive kick that would explode off the rubber and hit the ceiling if a 1200 level player tried to block or counter it.

Carl, I have that problem. I can't generate that amount of spin. I have been training alot my topspin, but i'm still enable to generate massive spin. I believe i'm hitting the ball the right way. Almost brushing the top of it. It's probably something wrong with the body motion. first i thought it maybe be the rubbers, but a friend in the club can topspin with my blade very well. They say i just have to practice until there is a "click" and i get the hang of it. But they don't know some exercise a can use to improve it faster. Do you know?

Also, I don't know how to measure my self by the US ranking points. I believe i'm in low bottom begginers. I deal well with pimps out because many of companions play with that rubbers. I have a world of troubles dealing with massive spins. I can loop sometimes with my FH. Not so much with the BH. Can you with that information, tell me how i stand in the rank?

Sorry the off-topic.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
@ crayon: I had not any intention to sell the blade even it was not good enough anymore. But the blade plays actually quiet the same. I think that I got "lucky" how the blade was broken. It was broken only at the handle. And in such a way that the middle layer ( extension of the blade surface into the handle) was broken. I first examine how to put the broken parts exactly on the same spot as it looks like whole. Then i poor a overdose of wood glue in the gap and put the broken parts in place. After the glue was dried out (24h), I use super glue to seal the seam on both side. Just to ensure that the handle would not break by the slightest contact of table and blade.

Reactions: changed_23
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl, I have that problem. I can't generate that amount of spin. I have been training alot my topspin, but i'm still enable to generate massive spin. I believe i'm hitting the ball the right way. Almost brushing the top of it. It's probably something wrong with the body motion. first i thought it maybe be the rubbers, but a friend in the club can topspin with my blade very well. They say i just have to practice until there is a "click" and i get the hang of it. But they don't know some exercise a can use to improve it faster. Do you know?

Also, I don't know how to measure my self by the US ranking points. I believe i'm in low bottom begginers. I deal well with pimps out because many of companions play with that rubbers. I have a world of troubles dealing with massive spins. I can loop sometimes with my FH. Not so much with the BH. Can you with that information, tell me how i stand in the rank?

Sorry the off-topic.

I could not estimate your rating. But one thing you have going for you: at least you know what you are not doing. :) Your friends are correct about how to improve that: keep practicing.

One thing that could help increase your spin, would be multball vs heavy backspin. If you do it for both sides, both sides will get better.

[Edit: even with a video it is kind of hard to tell someone's level. But a video helps a lot more than descriptions. I know guys who are 2000 who slap the ball and don't spin. But they won't get too much higher and their technique is not so good.]

Kinocchio, sorry that your thread has been derailed. I hope you don't mind that I answered these guys questions.

I am glad your blade is working. I hope it holds up.

Last edited: