Looking for advice (mainly on equipment)

This user has no status.
Well yea , that does sound like what iam looking for , how small is the handle ? (like is there a comparison some where to a normal size handle?)
thank you.

Edit : in TB11 there is a Nittaku Acoustic L (large handle) , that mean a normal size handle ? (if so that kinda of solving the problem isnt it ?)

The large handle is for the "average hand".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Well i dont know since i haven't tried that many , and i never notice if its bigger or smaller , however i dont like heavy blades thats for sure , my current setup is somewhat heavy compared to other i tried , not by much but i can defiantly feel the difference.

unless its a OSP i planned to order from TB11 , and it looks like they dont have BF products , is there any other shops with good service and prices? (not even sure how much tenergy cost..)

As for the rubber some people said that evolution is too hard and its not recommended if i want more control and feel.

Well, if that's the case, probably Stiga Eternity VPS is what I could recommend. You could get them from TT11. Probably Legend handle (the wide FL) is the best handle since that's what people like the most.

Evoution MX-P is the one that's one recommendable. Evolution EL-S is softer, slower but has more or same spin as MX-P. For tenergy, you have to check the price in your local stores since butterfly doesn't allow international sales on their stuffs

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
You have your mind set that spending more will be better quality. That's not the case in table tennis. and no the L handle doesnt solve the problem since you haven't used the instrumental L handles you don't know if you like them.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Okay. Based on what I read while I was not paying attention to this thread:

1) If you want what will be best for you, Rosewood is not on list because of the hard NCT coating.

2) Nitakku Acoustic is great and may make you happy. Is it worth the extra money? You sort of have to answer that. But it is a great blade as long as long as the handle you choose is not too small for you.

3) OSP V- and V+ are awesome.

4) Stratus Power Wood is excellent and not that expensive. Not everyone likes the handle or the size of the blade face. But FYI, a larger blade face gives more feeling.

4) There are many blades that would be good. I would stand by the choice of any of the ones that are on the list I gave. If I wanted to add more, I could. But that would only confuse you.

Choose whichever blade you want. If it is on the list of blades for helping your technique improve, it will be good.

The rubber choice you listed should be good as well.

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Well , i didnt really think about butterfly since there is really one one dealer near me and they are expensive and their stock is very very low and on TB11 for example there are no butterfly products at all.

Shuki , ok i got the point with that in mind then , what would you recommend ?

Okay. Based on what I read while I was not paying attention to this thread:
1) If you want what will be best for you, Rosewood is not on list because of the hard NCT coating.

2) Nitakku Acoustic is great and may make you happy. Is it worth the extra money? You sort of have to answer that. But it is a great blade as long as long as the handle you choose is not too small for you.

3) OSP V- and V+ are awesome.

4) Stratus Power Wood is excellent and not that expensive. Not everyone likes the handle or the size of the blade face. But FYI, a larger blade face gives more feeling.

4) There are many blades that would be good. I would stand by the choice of any of the ones that are on the list I gave. If I wanted to add more, I could. But that would only confuse you.

Choose whichever blade you want. If it is on the list of blades for helping your technique improve, it will be good.

The rubber choice you listed should be good as well.

since you own a OSP could you share the process of ordering one , and how long does it actually take?
Iam leaning twords the V+
If you had to choose , intensity NCT or V+ , which one will it be? (this seem to be not as expensive as the nittaku and still get good reviews +i tried the intensity and liked it)
And please help me understand some thing , is the stratus really good as the others ? , i dont know its just seem so cheap in comparison , how is that?

Last edited:

MDP

This user has no status.

MDP

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 1 reviews
Stratus power wood + grip tape or osp virtuoso are very comfortable and work well with alot of rubbers (soft, hard and even chinese tacky rubbers)

Softer rubbers will make the setup lighter and more controlled. Harder rubbers will make it more topheavy and faster.

I recently switched back to a lighter rubber on backhand to get some more control(after 2months break)

2 rubbers that work well for different skill levels : tibhar genius and rasant grip.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I love my V+. It works really well for me. Something I tell everyone thinking of getting an OSP blade. They play weird for first 2-5 training sessions. Like they are almost too sensitive and almost bouncy and inconsistent. Then they break in and that goes away. I am not sure why. But I got 4 blades from OSP and it happened with all of them and they all played great after they broke in.

Stiga Intensity NCT also has the NCT coating. It does feel great. I guess you could still be okay with it. But the blade face is harder than the blades on the list I gave when the issue was what would help you improve most.

V+ is a very soft blade. Intensity, it feels great. Much crisper. Big crunch feeling. V+ will have feeling. But different. Lower pitch. More diffused bang impact.

I don't know if that makes sense. But the V+ is my main weapon and favorite blade.

I have names for my blades. Some of them come from Harry Potter. My 95 gram Clipper is "The Death Stick"! Anyone who has read the Harry Potter series will know that is the most powerful magic wand in history. It is the unbeatable wand.

My V+ is called "Holly and Phoenix Feather". That is the wand that Harry fixes with the unbeatable wand because he wants it instead because he likes it more even though it is not as powerful.

Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Osp is great, even if you get it customized they usually get it to you within a week.

You keep asking what I'd recommend. And I keep telling you the same thing, you need to test out the handles yourself to see if you'd like it.

I have a grip that's choked up pretty high so I'm comfortable with smaller handles as I don't hold the handle much. Some flared ones actually give me blisters at the bottom of my hand though though. Too much grip change causes rubbing with flared handles.

Osp gives you the option of selecting head size, handle type, handle shape, Special engravings etc.

So with osp I can get a blade that's got a medium sized head, straight handle that's rounded (rounded for grip change), and engraved with my name so nobody could steal it. Plus the quality is superior since its hand made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I love my V+. It works really well for me. Something I tell everyone thinking of getting an OSP blade. They play weird for first 2-5 training sessions. Like they are almost too sensitive and almost bouncy and inconsistent. Then they break in and that goes away. I am not sure why. But I got 4 blades from OSP and it happened with all of them and they all played great after they broke in.

Stiga Intensity NCT also has the NCT coating. It does feel great. I guess you could still be okay with it. But the blade face is harder than the blades on the list I gave when the issue was what would help you improve most.

V+ is a very soft blade. Intensity, it feels great. Much crisper. Big crunch feeling. V+ will have feeling. But different. Lower pitch. More diffused bang impact.

I don't know if that makes sense. But the V+ is my main weapon and favorite blade.

I have names for my blades. Some of them come from Harry Potter. My 95 gram Clipper is "The Death Stick"! Anyone who has read the Harry Potter series will know that is the most powerful magic wand in history. It is the unbeatable wand.

My V+ is called "Holly and Phoenix Feather". That is the wand that Harry fixes with the unbeatable wand because he wants it instead because he likes it more even though it is not as powerful.

Does that make sense?

Yea i understand you very well , indeed the OSP sounds like a unique blade in the good way ofc :)

Osp is great, even if you get it customized they usually get it to you within a week.

You keep asking what I'd recommend. And I keep telling you the same thing, you need to test out the handles yourself to see if you'd like it.

I have a grip that's choked up pretty high so I'm comfortable with smaller handles as I don't hold the handle much. Some flared ones actually give me blisters at the bottom of my hand though though. Too much grip change causes rubbing with flared handles.

Osp gives you the option of selecting head size, handle type, handle shape, Special engravings etc.

So with osp I can get a blade that's got a medium sized head, straight handle that's rounded (rounded for grip change), and engraved with my name so nobody could steal it. Plus the quality is superior since its hand made.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

I understand and respect what you are saying more over i think it my self , problem is like i explained already i dont have the option to really try any of them or even hold them.

thats why iam doing my best and maybe asking the same stupid question again and again since i really want to get to the bottom of it and get the best i can in this situation.

Last thing still bothering me , you both and some other people kept saying stratus power wood , it is 3rd of the price of an V+ or any other in that area , question is , is it really good enough to compare with them or is it a best bang for the buck kind of thing ?

Last edited:

MDP

This user has no status.

MDP

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 1 reviews
Composition-wise virtuoso off- and SPW are allmost the same, so they play very similar. I think the V- is a better than the SPW, but I got my V- 2nd hand (so cheaper). I probably wouldn't buy a V- new because of the pricetag, but then again, a pair of rubbers each year costs more than a blade that can be used for many years (IF you like it...)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Yea i understand you very well , indeed the OSP sounds like a unique blade in the good way ofc :)

I understand and respect what you are saying more over i think it my self , problem is like i explained already i dont have the option to really try any of them or even hold them.

thats why iam doing my best and maybe asking the same stupid question again and again since i really want to get to the bottom of it and get the best i can in this situation.

Last thing still bothering me , you both and some other people kept saying stratus power wood , it is 3rd of the price of an V+ or any other in that area , question is , is it really good enough to compare with them or is it a best bang for the buck kind of thing ?

Just as good. Price has no correlation with quality in a lot of table tennis equipment questions. Stratus power woods handle is one of the few flared handles I like. I think it's the texture that I like. If they raised the price they'd still sell probably just as many. Good quality blade.

Osp blades have a justified price because of the customizability and the fact that they're handmade. Stiga is known for great wood blades so they can hike their price up too. Nittaku has high prices with their instrumental series because pros used them for ages. The Japanese company has really good quality control too. Even ma long used violin and acoustic for some time.

Tibhar, not well known for blades. So who would buy them at high prices. All the blades cost about the same to make and the quality of them all is good. Ignore the price if price isn't an issue for you. If you're getting a more expensive one just because it's more expensive then you're making a big mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
1) ordering an OSP blade:
http://ospblades.com

2) when I ordered from OSP it took a week for them to make it with 3 of the 4 blades. The one that was totally custom made and did not have the same plies as any of their standard blades took 4 weeks for them to make.

Once the blade was done, the last time I ordered they had a FedEx 2 day delivery option. So, that blade, I got it in 9 days from ordering. When I ordered the other blades, OSP only used to use Hungarian post and those got stuck in customs. One of the blades took 2.5 months to get from them to me. Crazy. And that is why they started using FedEx. So, it should take under 2 weeks for you to get yours if you order from OSP and choose the FedEx 2 day shipping option.

3) OSP is hand made. The qualify is through the roof. SPW is mass produced. But the quality is still quite good. OSP might be a little better in terms of playing characteristics. But not much. They will feel pretty similar.

However, the OSP blade might withstand abuse better. I think my V+ is the the most indestructible blade I have ever used. Previously I thought Butterfly blades were the most durable. But this one I have is a tank. I have slammed it into the corner of the table and thought I had done serious damage. Many other blades I have had would have needed EMS, CPR and Life Support after some of the slams. This one had a little scratch. I was amazed. It has taken a few dings. But the amount of damage is much less that the abuse I put the blade through should have reasonably caused.

The only other thing about the OSP blade that is better is you can choose your head size and you can even get them to custom the handle. Personally I love their flare handle so I would not have them change it in any way. But you can.

Whereas, if you don't like the slightly large head and the slightly thin handle of the SPW you will like the blade less than someone who is okay with the SPW dimensions. But the blade will still give you excellent feeling on impact.

Hope that info helps.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Just as good. Price has no correlation with quality in a lot of table tennis equipment questions. Stratus power woods handle is one of the few flared handles I like. I think it's the texture that I like. If they raised the price they'd still sell probably just as many. Good quality blade.

Osp blades have a justified price because of the customizability and the fact that they're handmade. Stiga is known for great wood blades so they can hike their price up too. Nittaku has high prices with their instrumental series because pros used them for ages. The Japanese company has really good quality control too. Even ma long used violin and acoustic for some time.

Tibhar, not well known for blades. So who would buy them at high prices. All the blades cost about the same to make and the quality of them all is good. Ignore the price if price isn't an issue for you. If you're getting a more expensive one just because it's more expensive then you're making a big mistake

Thanks that actually explains it very well , so the tibhar with rakza 7 on FH and rakza 7 soft on BH will be a decent choice ? or would you pick any other rubbers ?
btw what do you think about the stiga eternity/infinity vps V ?
thank you.

1) ordering an OSP blade:
http://ospblades.com

2) when I ordered from OSP it took a week for them to make it with 3 of the 4 blades. The one that was totally custom made and did not have the same plies as any of their standard blades took 4 weeks for them to make.

Once the blade was done, the last time I ordered they had a FedEx 2 day delivery option. So, that blade, I got it in 9 days from ordering. When I ordered the other blades, OSP only used to use Hungarian post and those got stuck in customs. One of the blades took 2.5 months to get from them to me. Crazy. And that is why they started using FedEx. So, it should take under 2 weeks for you to get yours if you order from OSP and choose the FedEx 2 day shipping option.

3) OSP is hand made. The qualify is through the roof. SPW is mass produced. But the quality is still quite good. OSP might be a little better in terms of playing characteristics. But not much. They will feel pretty similar.

However, the OSP blade might withstand abuse better. I think my V+ is the the most indestructible blade I have ever used. Previously I thought Butterfly blades were the most durable. But this one I have is a tank. I have slammed it into the corner of the table and thought I had done serious damage. Many other blades I have had would have needed EMS, CPR and Life Support after some of the slams. This one had a little scratch. I was amazed. It has taken a few dings. But the amount of damage is much less that the abuse I put the blade through should have reasonably caused.

The only other thing about the OSP blade that is better is you can choose your head size and you can even get them to custom the handle. Personally I love their flare handle so I would not have them change it in any way. But you can.

Whereas, if you don't like the slightly large head and the slightly thin handle of the SPW you will like the blade less than someone who is okay with the SPW dimensions. But the blade will still give you excellent feeling on impact.

Hope that info helps.

Do you agree with Shuki regarding the Tibhar blade? , assuming i dont really care about the custom...

if you do what rubbers would u pair to the tibhar blade (i know that many rubbers considered to be good but just doesnt feel as good with some blades as with others)
In this case will rakza 7 (FH) , rakza 7 soft (BH) will be a good choice ?
what would be your first pick?

btw what do you think about the stiga eternity/infinity vps V ? (mainly in comparison to the stratus power)

Thank you.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I do agree with what Shuki said. Go for Stratus PowerWood if that is what you think you want. It is an excellent blade.

I have heard the Eternity is pretty good but I have also heard the top ply is hard.

Infinity might be an okay choice. They used to have some quality control issues with that blade. But I think they solved them.

I would get the Stratus PowerWood over the Infinity personally. I can't really say much about Eternity since I have not hit with one. Except that I heard it was a little hard and that I heard it is a pretty good blade.

Those rubbers should be fine.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Based on the composition Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba I think the blade will be good for your development due to the softer outer ply.
When your technique has improved you can consider to switch to a hardwood or composite blade. That will be after one or two seasons at least.
Rubbers you suggested will be fine on that blade.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
There are better players than me commenting above on nuances of blade composition, coating, and handle geometry - but...

Wouldn't you want to do something about your FH technique first? Your wrist, elbow, and shoulder appear to be LOCKED, so you are pretty much rotating as a solid body to hit the ball(and appear to spend a lot of energy doing so). Do you have a coach at your club?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
There are better players than me commenting above on nuances of blade composition, coating, and handle geometry - but...

Wouldn't you want to do something about your FH technique first? Your wrist, elbow, and shoulder appear to be LOCKED, so you are pretty much rotating as a solid body to hit the ball(and appear to spend a lot of energy doing so). Do you have a coach at your club?
Well i used to play for several years when I was a kid, I was decent but nothing to fancy.
I started playing again 2 month ago.
So my technic sucks, I do have a coach one time a week that's all that is available.
And she is saying the movement should not be only with the arm but from the waste.
I would be happy to get any tips and even videos or something that explain the right movement...
Thank you all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Well i used to play for several years when I was a kid, I was decent but nothing to fancy.
I started playing again 2 month ago.
So my technic sucks, I do have a coach one time a week that's all that is available.
And she is saying the movement should not be only with the arm but from the waste.
I would be happy to get any tips and even videos or something that explain the right movement...
Thank you all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Right, but now you appear to have no arm, only waist/core rotation.

See here:

Reactions: NextLevel
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I'm with pgpg. I looked at the clip and OP is not using any arm snap at all. It appears all the power he makes is from waist turn and some shoulder turn at the end. Not an ideal way to transfer power.

I also agree that looping like this, it isn't gunna matter whether he uses a Bomb of a modern blade with MX-P or a DEF blade with Sriver. Either equipment won't make much a difference with a base loop stroke like that, although faster equipment would favor it.

Pick a middle of the road blade you like and slap on a modern rubber on FH and have at it with coach to work on your transfer of power issue.

Reactions: NextLevel and roger