Chinese Trials for World Championships 2017

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Regarding the number of players competing in both singles and doubles....

The regulation says the next thing:

4.1.9.6 Each association shall be entitled to enter 3 men and 3 women players ineach singles events, with one additional player ranked in the top 100 and oneadditional player ranked in the top 20 of the ITTF world ranking list issued inJanuary of the year of the Championships to a maximum of 5 men and 5 women.The maximum entry for each association is 2 men’s doubles, 2 women’s doublesand 2 mixed doubles; all players may be different.

4.1.9.6.1 The host Association may enter up to 6 men and 6 women in each singlesevent, 3 men’s doubles, 3 women’s doubles and 3 mixed doubles regardless ofranking.

4.1.9.2 In doubles events, both players may be from different Associations.Please make note that pairs at the World TT Championships can be composed ofplayers from different associations, but the total number of doubles cannot exceed2-2-2 (3-3-3 for host).If an association wishes to make partnership with another association for one of itspairs, it is possible, but this is considered as a unit of double, and will be recorded asone of the 2 (or 3) doubles.

Resulting in:

Maximum 4 men players:Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, England, Finland, Greece,Hungary, India, Iran, Nigeria, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia,Serbia, Slovakia, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, United States of America
Maximum 5 men players:Austria, Belarus, Brazil, China, France, Hongkong, Japan, Korea Republic, Portugal,Chinese Taipei
Maximum 6 men players:Germany – as host

Maximum 4 women players:Belarus, Canada, Czech Republic, Spain, Hungary, India, Luxembourg, Netherlands,Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden, Thailand, Ukraine, UnitedStates of America
Maximum 5 women players:Austria, China, Hongkong, Japan, Korea Republic, Romania, Singapore, ChineseTaipei, Turkey
Maximum 6 women players:Germany – as host

You can find all this information here:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
china men's team will be FZD, Lin Gaoyuan, Zhou Yu, Xu Xin, and (i really hope) Ma Long

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
In the press conference, LGL said the decision on the rest of tickets will be made during the closed training session starting from April 3rd, based on the plan of the team and the potential of the players.
He thought LGY made a breakthrough and he will get the resources as the top tier players in prep for WTTC.
LGY also thanked ML, who is his roommate during the trials, for his help before the matches of Stage III. ML told LGY to slow down and make a plan before each service. LGL joked that ML will not be LGY's roommate from now on.

Wow, well congrats LGY!
So the line-up so far is FZD, LGY, _ _ _ , _ _ _ , _ _ _
Surely those places belong to ML, ZJK and XX.But Liu G could surprise us all, and it also depends on ZJK's recovery.
Does anyone know when LG has to finalise the line-up? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
There were no coaches for XX vs LGY, simply because they are both from Coach Wu Jingping's group.

In the trials, FZD, LGY, XX and Zhou Qihao are all from Coach Wu's group. When they played against each other, they were on their own.

Coach Wu is retired now. TT fans are guessing who will become FZD and XX's new coach. As LGY just got the ticket to WTTC, who his coach will be is a new question. It is said that Wang Hao and Ma Lin have submitted the application (interestingly both Wang Hao and Ma Lin were in Coach Wu's group) but no further news yet.

have you noticed that there are no coaches in the stage 3??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Stage 3 results (10 Mar 2017):

Men:

1) Lin Gaoyuan 2:1 Xu Xin (11:8, 5:11, 11:9)
2) Zhou Yu 1:2 Xu Xin (6:11, 11:8, 3:11)
3) Zhou Yu 0:2 Lin Gaoyuan (5:11, 3:11)

Women:
1) Chen Meng 0:2 Ding Ning (9:11, 7:11)
2) Feng Yalan 1:2 Chen Meng (11:6, 12:14, 2:11)
3) Feng Yalan 1:2 Ding Ning (11:4, 8:11, 9:11)

Lin Gaoyuan and Ding Ning hereby qualified for 2017 WTTC (together with Fan Zhendong and Liu Shiwen from Stage 1).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
chinadaily.com is a western site huh? good job there. sorry Im not supposed to talk to you but this was really hilarious. I guess we are all part of conspiracy theory and everything is a false story.

P.S. yet you did talk....so?

p.s. internet arguements can be really a waste of time. why the F am I still talking to you??
I was referring to the telegraph one. p.s I could ask the same about you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Last Day: Xu Xin vs Lin Gaoyuan

Poor Xu Xin. The blocking skills, short game and overall touch of LGY are super impressive. I remember a match between Xu Xin and Kristian Karlsson (aslo a leftie) , where Kristian tried to do the same thing: aggressively punch down the line to Xu Xin's forehand after his pivot. However, he couldn't handle his power. But LGY could!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
yeah, if facts to you are rumours from your 'friends';)

Ahmm you are funny little fella arent you ? By facts I meant the articles , but you already know that and instead pretend otherwise. you didnt even understand (or you chose to neglect ) that I didnt believe the rumors as I obviously stated in my post. REally now , how old are you? do you even read thoroughly enough my posts? Do you need a quote to do that? :)

My god you really believe I actually believed all that craP? Go check your ego issues, come back again till you have your facts straight. TILL THEN :you belong to the basement.

Last edited: