Chinese Trials for World Championships 2017

This user has no status.
The level of those trials just show that non-Chinese players stand absolutely no chance to become world Champion and even get Silver. Bronze perhaps if they are very very lucky, given there is no Bronze medal match... This is even more true on the Women's side.

Reactions: romanzdk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
The level of those trials just show that non-Chinese players stand absolutely no chance to become world Champion and even get Silver. Bronze perhaps if they are very very lucky, given there is no Bronze medal match... This is even more true on the Women's side.

For women this is probably true as there are very few full time female players in eruope, but for mens you shouldn't underestimate how much impact it has when you know each other well. I have a very close friend who is about 150pts above me but our games are always 50-50

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Oh my god - what a time to pull out a hand switch winner loop from miles away.

I'm gutted she lost after that point. They should just give her the win, or a medal or something.
During post match interview with FYL. She said she used to do that during practice, she said she usually can return it during practice ! And for that particular point, she is not surprise at all and expected it to be in :eek:

This user has no status.
For women this is probably true as there are very few full time female players in eruope, but for mens you shouldn't underestimate how much impact it has when you know each other well. I have a very close friend who is about 150pts above me but our games are always 50-50

Other women Asian players are no match for the Chinese. The only ones who are a bit closer are Chinese migrants (HAN, FENG, LI, JEON, HU, etc...) fighting for other countries....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Congratulation to the first 4 ticket winners! :)

winner.jpg

This user has no status.
Wow, well congrats LGY!

So the line-up so far is FZD, LGY, _ _ _ , _ _ _ , _ _ _

Surely those places belong to ML, ZJK and XX.But Liu G could surprise us all, and it also depends on ZJK's recovery.

Does anyone know when LG has to finalise the line-up? :)

yes definitely ML and XX will go, ZJK as well if he is not injured, if ZJK is injured, it should be ZHOU Qihao or LIANG Jingkun I believe.

In women's i believe apart from the DING Nin and LIU Shiwen, it should be CHEN Meng, MU Zi, and FENG YL.

The big losers are FANG Bo, YAN An, ZHU Yuling and WU Yang

This user has no status.
Are those five tickets for team competition only or do they also all play singles event?

no team competition this time, only singles + doubles.
doubles I believe will be the consolation prize for some who are missing the individual competition and might welcome some names which are not included in the 5 running individually.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
Are those five tickets for team competition only or do they also all play singles event?

The singles and team world championships are always in different years, so in 2017 we have the individuals and in 2018 the teams. I think the team will be chosen entirely by head coach Liu

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
Thank you.
Is the amount of starters limited for each country for singles competition or will those five all play singles for sure?

Aus Wikipedia:

"Jeder Verband darf zwei gemischte Doppel und (pro Geschlecht) zwei Doppel und drei Einzelspieler melden. Einen weiteren Einzelstartplatz pro Verband gibt es für einen Spieler, der sich in der Weltrangliste unter den besten 100 befindet, einen weiteren für einen Top 20-Spieler, sodass im Einzel maximal fünf Spieler pro Verband starten dürfen. Im Einzel und Doppel dürfen unterschiedliche Spieler gemeldet werden, gemischtnationale Doppel sind erlaubt. Ausschlaggebend ist die Weltrangliste vom Januar 2017.Gastgeber Deutschland darf unabhängig von der Weltrangliste jeweils drei Doppel, drei gemischte Doppel und sechs Einzelspieler melden."

So yes, all five of the chinese will play singles

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D and Xylit
This user has no status.
Aus Wikipedia:

"Jeder Verband darf zwei gemischte Doppel und (pro Geschlecht) zwei Doppel und drei Einzelspieler melden. Einen weiteren Einzelstartplatz pro Verband gibt es für einen Spieler, der sich in der Weltrangliste unter den besten 100 befindet, einen weiteren für einen Top 20-Spieler, sodass im Einzel maximal fünf Spieler pro Verband starten dürfen. Im Einzel und Doppel dürfen unterschiedliche Spieler gemeldet werden, gemischtnationale Doppel sind erlaubt. Ausschlaggebend ist die Weltrangliste vom Januar 2017.Gastgeber Deutschland darf unabhängig von der Weltrangliste jeweils drei Doppel, drei gemischte Doppel und sechs Einzelspieler melden."

So yes, all five of the chinese will play singles

sorry thats Chinese for me LOL