BREAKING: Ma Long & Fan Zhendong boycott CHINA OPEN!

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The ITTF President Thomas WEIKERT stated on the matter: “The ITTF is very disappointed that the three best players in the world have forfeited their matches at such a big event. We will be working with our friends at CTTA to investigate this serious matter to work out our course of action. In the meantime, we still have world class players competing in the competition, and it will be a great last two days of the China Open.”

pretty sure CTTA is the bad guy here... well played ittf :s

Yep. F you Weikert! You could have just kept your mouth shut. Instead you are like the guys who stripped Muhammad Ali of his boxing title.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I am surprised that Zhang Jike is not protesting. I thought he is very close to Liu Guoliang. Furthermore, he has not much to loose as his career seems to be more or less over from a sportive perspective - especially if Liu Guoliang, who defended him is no coach anymore. And his behavior (rip shirt to pieces, ...) appeared to be some kind of rebellious.

Or would a protest harm the brand "Zhang Jike" too much so that he does not because of marketing or commercial reasons?

He has a lot to lose in this. I would not be so willing to judge.

Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
He has a lot to lose , yes , but he should have stood with his team mates . He has been through a lot of ups and downs and got thrown out of the National team by LGL twice for disciplinary reasons , but on the other hand LGL has stood by him during his injuries. I am sure he feels that he did not get enough support from LGL because of history and also how they let his primary coach join the women's team ... irrespective of that he should have stood with his brothers ... I have lost some respect for ZJK because of this ...

He has a lot to lose in this. I would not be so willing to judge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I agree but the silence is deafening .. may be they got to ZJK first and the rest of the team posted in the mean while
Before forming conclusions regarding ZJK, let's wait and see if he announces his support. Who knows? Maybe he has expressed support personally or perhaps CTTA is threatening him as he is perhaps the most popular player so they might be harsher on him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Yes that would be hilarious , but I would be more interested if they follow ZJK's example of celebrations especially the kind after winning first two titles :p
If ZJK announced his support for LGL, that would be huge. Imagine what crowd of girl teenagers would gather in front of the Chinese government building screaming loud till all the political figures have their ears bleeding...

Reactions: BeGo and Cornel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
ZJK's fangirls are now telling everyone that ZJK withdrew due to injury and he is the good guy who are not with those bad gangs daring to challenge the authority.

Hilariously, Xiao Zhan, ZJK's former coach liked a post of the statement from the General Administration of Sports on his Weibo account. It seems that he is very looking forward to the punishment.

If ZJK announced his support for LGL, that would be huge. Imagine what crowd of girl teenagers would gather in front of the Chinese government building screaming loud till all the political figures have their ears bleeding...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
ZJK's fangirls are now telling everyone that ZJK withdrew due to injury and he is the good guy who are not with those bad gangs daring to challenge the authority.

Hilariously, Xiao Zhan, ZJK's former coach liked a post of the statement from the General Administration of Sports on his Weibo account. It seems that he is very looking forward to the punishment.

Wow, that's quite a turn...

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
He has a lot to lose , yes , but he should have stood with his team mates . He has been through a lot of ups and downs and got thrown out of the National team by LGL twice for disciplinary reasons , but on the other hand LGL has stood by him during his injuries. I am sure he feels that he did not get enough support from LGL because of history and also how they let his primary coach join the women's team ... irrespective of that he should have stood with his brothers ... I have lost some respect for ZJK because of this ...

I can see that perspective too. I guess we need a little more time to see what he says and does.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews

Your posts are really interesting! Thanks for keeping us informed. Really wish I could read Chinese right about now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
I am surprised that Zhang Jike is not protesting. I thought he is very close to Liu Guoliang. Furthermore, he has not much to loose as his career seems to be more or less over from a sportive perspective - especially if Liu Guoliang, who defended him is no coach anymore. And his behavior (rip shirt to pieces, ...) appeared to be some kind of rebellious.

Or would a protest harm the brand "Zhang Jike" too much so that he does not because of marketing or commercial reasons?

It was told that his weibo account has been filteted and he simply cant post anything

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
¿Shang Kun, Wang Chuqin, Liu Dingshuo and Xue Fei are not in the list? They play T2 Asia-Pacific Table Tennis League next week (or not)... :-S