BREAKING: Ma Long & Fan Zhendong boycott CHINA OPEN!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Timo Boll showed his understanding and support after match in the interview.
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2017-06-23/doc-ifyhmtek7707915.shtml

Whatever happens, I really hope that athletes from other national associations will think of some way to show their support for these three players. At least show support for them as friends and colleagues, since they probably do not know the specifics of whatever grievance they have regarding Liu Guoliang.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
after reading more or less all the informations till now, not knowing what really was the matter about LGL, thinking about the better way or which way were the better one, I think that players and coaches failed in method, but the heart they have demonstrated to LGL is enormous, big, wonderful!
better were to write the disappointing point, e.g. LGL "shift", but not "disappear" from the arena or withdraw the tournement!

Probably CTTA and ITTF are in right... sigh!

I will stay tuned to read in which way CTTA will punish they.

Sad situation.

On the other hand this will indicate how good and important LGL was and is. Was really
the begin of all KLH's position?

Reactions: dio_hgw
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
These players are not Xiao Zhan's students but are they somebodies? Xiao Zhan's students ZJK, FB, YA, Xu Chenhao and Qiu Yike(coach now) did not protest and Xiao Zhan liked the post of the GAS statement. Maybe no relationship at all. Who knows.

Are they xiao zhan's players too ??? I want to see if what rain said is true or not

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
after reading more or less all the informations till now, not knowing what really was the matter about LGL, thinking about the better way or which way were the better one, I think that players and coaches failed in method, but the heart they have demonstrated to LGL is enormous, big, wonderful!
better were to write the disappointing point, e.g. LGL "shift", but not "disappear" from the arena or withdraw the tournement!

Probably CTTA and ITTF are in right... sigh!

I will stay tuned to read in which way CTTA will punish they.

Sad situation.

On the other hand this will indicate how good and important LGL was and is. Was really
the begin of all KLH's position?

Failed in method perhaps. We will see. Maybe underestimated what they were up against, like the students at Tienanmen square. As to what is really behind all this, maybe it is KLH, it depends I suppose on what they think LGL may have done to enable him, which case this is actually part of a government anti-corruption emphasis? Or maybe some sort of power play in the sports ministry?

It is truly incredible and I have never seen anything like this since Tienanmen square, and that did not end well.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
These players are not Xiao Zhan's students but are they somebodies? Xiao Zhan's students ZJK, FB, YA, Xu Chenhao and Qiu Yike(coach now) did not protest and Xiao Zhan liked the post of the GAS statement. Maybe no relationship at all. Who knows.

But again these are some predictions . Nothing us certain . We dont know what they have talked ( xx . Zjk . Ml . Fzd or ... ) behind . Even zjk's withdraw was strange too rain ;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Shang Kun is a Top-10 player of the Superleague and Wang Chuqin has beaten Ma Long and Ovtcharov, for example...

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
The punishment is going to be bad for the protesters as this is the CHINA OPEN. Chinese government do not like to lose face. I think the players career will be over and they won't be allowed to leave the country, until China finds replacements which will take many years. I wish they talked to some understanding/knowledgeable folks before the boycott.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
The punishment is going to be bad for the protesters as this is the CHINA OPEN. Chinese government do not like to lose face. I think the players career will be over and they won't be allowed to leave the country, until China finds replacement which will take many years. I wish they talked to some understanding/knowledgeable folks before the boycott.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
The punishment is going to be bad for the protesters as this is the CHINA OPEN. Chinese government do not like to lose face. I think the players career will be over and they won't be allowed to leave the country, until China finds replacement which will take many years. I wish they talked to some understanding/knowledgeable folks before the boycott.

Surely the punishment won't be as drastic as that tropical?

Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
No way they go this far. They need these players (which is actually why they thought they could boycott china open). It's going to be interesting to see what kind of punishment is made. Because I don't see anything they could do that could bother ML XX FZD that much...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews

Its a happiness that you are not in punishment seat if u were , im sure non of cnt players would remain . Come on this wont be that harsh . Maybe one or two game ban

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
I don't think the head coach being unofficially demoted is such a bad thing. At least he still has a job and his reputation. And the CNT will continue to dominate despite his absence. If not then LGL is vindicated. It makes me think there's some other very good reason for the boycott that we're not privy to. Why else would the players do something so drastic and risky? Unless the players can speak freely and the source of information is not state-run media then we may never know for sure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Is Shang Kun a world champion or even an asian champion? What is his highest WR? Did he go to WTTC with CNT as a practice partner? I like his play style and don't want him to retire although he had that plan. But he is not a person in CNT whose words count and it does not matter if he chose a side or kept silent. It is just interesting to see what side the players in the same coach group or provincial team chose.

BTW, the core players and important practice partners all went to WTTC.
cache.php

Yes shang kun is a important player for us but not for rainneverever ;)

This user has no status.
I believe in Captain Ma Long's protest. He is worldwide idol for most of the table tennis players, especially young generation.

I hope Chinese federation won't make MA, FZD ve XX pay with a lifetime ban, because i will definitely not watch as i used to or go to a WTTC ! These guys are world nr1 - nr4 !!! and there is huge difference even with the 10th seeding. I can not think about an open event without these guys especially without Ma Long?

Reactions: BeGo and matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
He has a lot to lose , yes , but he should have stood with his team mates . He has been through a lot of ups and downs and got thrown out of the National team by LGL twice for disciplinary reasons , but on the other hand LGL has stood by him during his injuries. I am sure he feels that he did not get enough support from LGL because of history and also how they let his primary coach join the women's team ... irrespective of that he should have stood with his brothers ... I have lost some respect for ZJK because of this ...

Its hard to tell. Whats the real intention behind all these? why just the top 3 and not the rest of players? They may have a better leverage as they are still argularly the best and core of the team so after any purnishment they may still be expected to play. The rest may be alot more vulnerable if get involve of this turnmelt.

ZJK has different level of consideration, not just about how close he is with LGL, also all sort of restriction from his sponsors / contracts could lead to seriously consequences. You may argue that he has a big fan base to put extra pressure on but thats different kind of pressure and he doesn't want to put the fangirls in a harmway or lead them to act inappropriately. Having the top 3 seeds quitted along with famous coaches gives a big enough impact and international attention to this matter, in a controlled manner to deliver a clear message:- we miss LGL.