BREAKING: Ma Long & Fan Zhendong boycott CHINA OPEN!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
CTTA issued a statement saying they are appalled and heartbroken when the 3 players forfeited the China Open without permission from CTTA. And promise they would strengthen the patriotism, collectiveness, discipline of CNT. Also promise to reflect on wrong doings.

People were posting comments to this statement saying "we people are appalled and heartbroken by the association and authority. You should be the one to reflect yourself!"

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
well the good news is that the new statement sounds softer than yesterday's statement. So maybe the punishment will not be too severe.

Yesterday's was issued from national administration of sports, higher than CTTA.
In China, if a teammate is to be punished, higher official couldn't run away from punishment too, for not not handling the team well. So, today's statement is soft because CTTA doesn't want to draw fire on themselves. And maybe to leave space before a final punishment decision is made.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Yeh I understand his concern but I am also getting a feeling of trying to insult the country and to make it seem really bad which I disagree with. I am concerned for the players but I don't think that anything too serious will happen.

I think you are the one who doesn't know much about China and its culture. You can believe what you want to believe thus gave a different point of view. However, you seem to be a young person with a very limited knowledge of what is going on in the world and only gave us a blank statement.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
CTTA issued another statement, an apology letter.
Says, we become aware of the loopholes in our management. We sincerely accept suggestions from the society. We are heartbroken and also blame ourselves. Apology to all the fans and spectators.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
CTTA issued another statement, an apology letter.
Says, we become aware of the loopholes in our management. We sincerely accept suggestions from the society. We are heartbroken and also blame ourselves. Apology to all the fans and spectators.

This apology letter is signed CNT.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Interesting. I wondered who would blink first. CTTA is looking over their shoulder now. I am guessing there will be punishments of some sort for everyone, a reminder to never ever rock the boat. And don't let your boat be rocked. No matter what, LGL will be toast professionally. Shocked if he coaches again.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Well that was unexpected, i thought they would remain pessimistic and roll with one perspective.
Maybe it was because the news on the truth spread like wildfire even through censoring, and cause of this they'd rather deescalate the situation than gaining more criticism.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Interesting. I wondered who would blink first. CTTA is looking over their shoulder now. I am guessing there will be punishments of some sort for everyone, a reminder to never ever rock the boat. And don't let your boat be rocked. No matter what, LGL will be toast professionally. Shocked if he coaches again.

That was a foregone conclusion. And in a sense, having read aspects of the rationale for what is happening, as long as the top 3 aren't too severely punished, O have always had issues with the degree of power consolidation in the CNT and would like to see whether an alternate model could succeed, where automatic qualification isn't granted to past world champions etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
This apology letter is signed CNT.

You're right. I saw the letter was from CTTA's website, simply didn't look at the signature.

Maybe this is less-bad way to end this drama.
We know authority wouldn't bend or overthrow their decision. Keep going against them won't be good for our beloved players. Fake an apology to make authority look less bad in public eyes, also would save players from possible more severe punishment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
"We will do deep reflections on this matter and improve the team's patriotism, team-spirit, and thinking ability. We will create a law-abiding, professional, country-loving table tennis team. We believe that table tennis in China has strong traditions and ability, and will continue to achieve great results, and not disappoint the Chinese Communist Party nor the people of China."

That is chilling.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
957f9758b05c4d9a782403abc747037a.jpg

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
One thing that is ironic is that we dont know how LGL manages his team. He may be a terrible "head coach" even if he is geat at handling some of the players in matches. (I mention this as a possibility, not something I know). Head coaches have a whole range of responsibilities we don't see, including budgetary, personnel, etc. But the timing of this firing was incredibly bad. People will be fired for tnat. And their bosses. And their boss's bosses.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
BREAKING: Ma Long & Fan Zhendong boycott CHINA OPEN!

One thing that is ironic is that we dont know how LGL manages his team. He may be a terrible "head coach" even if he is geat at handling some of the players in matches. (I mention this as a possibility, not something I know). Head coaches have a whole range of responsibilities we don't see, including budgetary, personnel, etc. But the timing of this firing was incredibly bad. People will be fired for tnat. And their bosses. And their boss's bosses.

Which boss to fire is depending on who is the no. 1 enemy of ultimate boss'. Such dilemma is a best chance to utilize to wipe out your enemy.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
"We will do deep reflections on this matter and improve the team's patriotism, team-spirit, and thinking ability. We will create a law-abiding, professional, country-loving table tennis team. We believe that table tennis in China has strong traditions and ability, and will continue to achieve great results, and not disappoint the Chinese Communist Party nor the people of China."

That is chilling.

Keep cool. Just typical bullshit words that people use for nonsense.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
That was a foregone conclusion. And in a sense, having read aspects of the rationale for what is happening, as long as the top 3 aren't too severely punished, O have always had issues with the degree of power consolidation in the CNT and would like to see whether an alternate model could succeed, where automatic qualification isn't granted to past world champions etc.

We haven't reached the end of this yet. Until we see things unfold a bit longer, I for one conclude nothing. People can dig in their heels and with outrage spreading there is involvement of people who dont know or care about sports but wbo care about party control. This is now beyond the sport.

But CNT has "apologized". Now we await tne punisments.

Last edited: