BREAKING: Ma Long & Fan Zhendong boycott CHINA OPEN!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
The focus of self media has changed to the director of GAS. And related posts are deleted constantly.
This new director has asked athletes of sports in Olympic Games to switch to sports in Winter Olympic Games. For example, he asked hockey players to play ice hockey; shooter can try biathlon. Insane.

Just talked to my Chinese acupuncturist today. She is well aware of what was going on with the China Open even she doesn't play table tennis or know who the players are. Her point of view is basically same like majority of us in the forum. She said the government won't let the players get away easily because they want to make sure similar boycott will never happen again. How severe the punishment is we can only guess.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
We may not learn for awhile what fresh hell they have planned for these guys. All will be forgiven once one of them wins gold in Tokyo is my guess.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Li-Ning rep Qi Shengnan (who is very close to CNT and posted many videos of CNT closed training) just posted ML's Li-Ning new commercial and quoted the slogan "Black or white, youths fear none". Is she indicating anything or just showing the support to ML?
The words on the left image are "The attitude of a champion. 2017 WTTC champion". The words on the right image are "Youths fear none. 19 world champions. Number one."
cache.php

Reactions: Cornel and fz29888
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The focus of self media has changed to the director of GAS. And related posts are deleted constantly.
This new director has asked athletes of sports in Olympic Games to switch to sports in Winter Olympic Games. For example, he asked hockey players to play ice hockey; shooter can try biathlon. Insane.

This is twinkling wombat unicorn pink elephants nuts!!! Clearly China has put someone in charge of sports who knows nothing about sports -- and doesn't know he is a moron. Only thing crazier would be if sometime next week Trump names him director of the Center for Disease Control in the US.

I see dumb people. ALL the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
http://sports.sina.com.cn/china/womenfootballs/2017-06-26/doc-ifyhmtcf2883824.shtml
The most recent action of GAS: A Taekwondo coach will be appointed as the head coach of Chinese women's soccer team.
Now people are wondering who will be appointed to CNT as the lead coaches (in the announcement of LGL's appointment as CTTA VP, it says there will be no more head coaches of men's and women's team. There will be a lead coach in each coaching team). I am eager to see who still have faith in GAS.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
It is sill unknown at this moment if 3 of them would have the chance to play at 2020 Olympics. Now, gov is waiting for people to have new gossip for chatting, then quietly execute punishment to players internally. I wonder if Li Ning or Cai Zhenhua would have enough power and intent to minimize damages to the players? Companies wouldn't want to let their image&profits suffers from losing good endorsers.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Maybe following the innovative "cross-border" theories of State Director Gou Zhongwen, they will send some figure skaters. (And instead of ZJK fangirls, they will send these).

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Hey now, don't mess with grannies!

Possibly one of the few things on earth more annoying than ZJK fangirls. Hilariously, though, the State Plan to send out professional dancers across the country to "standardize" the dances the grannies do (reducing them down to a convenient seven) is another recent GSA decision and seems to be another brainchild of State Director Gou Zhongwen.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Audi just wrote a post about ML with his Audi commercial. I don't know if companies like Li-Ning and Audi can do anything further. Hopefully they received some insider news of the players being OK.

cache.php

It is sill unknown at this moment if 3 of them would have the chance to play at 2020 Olympics. Now, gov is waiting for people to have new gossip for chatting, then quietly execute punishment to players internally. I wonder if Li Ning or Cai Zhenhua would have enough power and intent to minimize damages to the players? Companies wouldn't want to let their image&profits suffers from losing good endorsers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Audi's post didn't say support or not, didn't mention recent drama. But it used the words like " dream, reality, persistence, pursuit of dream"....it generally depicted ML in a good way.

ML was also the endorsement celebrity for Yili, one of the biggest milk brand in China. Hope these companies would support ML and save his career. I'm sure if they do so, people would applaud for these brands

This user has no status.
BREAKING: Ma Long & Fan Zhendong boycott CHINA OPEN!

Possibly one of the few things on earth more annoying than ZJK fangirls. Hilariously, though, the State Plan to send out professional dancers across the country to "standardize" the dances the grannies do (reducing them down to a convenient seven) is another recent GSA decision and seems to be another brainchild of State Director Gou Zhongwen.
The earlier post reminded of the bit old movie, Stop! Or my mom will shoot! Thus, don't mess with grannies. Ha!

And not all of them are dancing... Some are modeling too!

cccd798b8b4df9ab4b0f79ad05eda058.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
https://sports.sina.cn/others/pingp...=3049_0016&from=qudao&sendweibouid=1638781994

A state-owned news website said: it's normal people have different opinions when a reform is done. They should have expressed their opinion through normal channel and normal way in a rational manner. Such channel exists and is open. But they chose to "pick up a fight" by forfeiting games, letting out their emotions, pressuring (who?). It caused abominable effect, not helping on the one hand, and would pay the price for their irrational actions.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2017-06-26/doc-ifyhmtek7774836.shtml

However, another article from China Daily is much milder.

https://sports.sina.cn/others/pingp...=3049_0016&from=qudao&sendweibouid=1638781994

A state-owned news website said: it's normal people have different opinions when a reform is done. They should have expressed their opinion through normal channel and normal way in a rational manner. Such channel exists and is open. But they chose to "pick up a fight" by forfeiting games, letting out their emotions, pressuring (who?). It caused abominable effect, not helping on the one hand, and would pay the price for their irrational actions.