BREAKING: Ma Long & Fan Zhendong boycott CHINA OPEN!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Another angle to look at the whole incident: Basically the management reform of removing the head coach in all the national sports has cutoff the benefit/earnings in the old management structures. So if you look at the tt boycott action, they are trying to fight and gain back the power of management and skill development dominated by LGL along with the sport benefit/earnings; easpecially Malin, Ma Long, Ma Long's father and LGL's wife had registered several companies and done the business together years ago. So they are sharing the same interest...

You must learn these rumors from ZJK fans. Unfortunately, those things are as stupid as the summer sports / winter sports career switch.

Take my advice. Do your own research. Or at least read the arguements and questions in the comments in the posts you mentioned.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
You must learn these rumors from ZJK fans. Unfortunately, those things are as stupid as the summer sports / winter sports career switch.

Take my advice. Do your own research. Or at least read the arguements and questions in the comments in the posts you mentioned.

1st, I didn't learn that from ZJK fans. The proof had showed that the companies registered with the shareholder's names are all listed and Ma Long Fans in China couldn't even deny that. Because of this relationship of sharing the same interest, the truth might be a different story.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
There is one investment, a hot-pot restaurant, that ML, M Lin and LGL's wife shares with other 12 investors including a former soccer player Sun Jihai. The share of ML in this restaurant is 4.34% with CNY 600k investment, LGL's wife 4.34% / CNY 600k investment and M Lin 2% / CNY 276k investment. This is public info that you can find online. There was news of them investing this hot-pot restaurant and their pictures and jerseys/paddles are displayed in the restaurant.

Please post other investments you mentioned and show the evidence of the investors are them but not people with the same names. Do you know how many ML, Ma Lin are there in China even in Beijing?

If you check Baidu TT Tieba where not only TT fangirls are, you will know what people think of ZJK fans on their ability of making of all kinds of stupid rumors. Those rumors are widely spread on Weibo; however, there are tons of posts refuting the rumors. In general, 99% of negative posts about other players and coaches are originally made by ZJK fans which are not difficult to refute at all. Take my words.

1st, I didn't learn that from ZJK fans. The proof had showed that the companies registered with the shareholders' name are all listed and Ma Long Fans in China couldn't even deny that. Because of these relationship of sharing the same interest, the truth might be a different story.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
This confirms my distint impression at Dusseldorf that a lot of ZJK fangirls are not even remotely interested in TT or the other Chinese players (see also the crowd abandoning the stands after ZJK loss in Chengdu). I did not know they are actively hostile to the other Chinese players, which is what this sounds like!

The fact that professional athlete teammates sometimes invest in some of the same business ventures happens all over the world. Hard to see in this case what difference it makes in this case!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
BTW, do you know the buying power of CNY 600k? Average price per person per meal in the hot-pot restaurant above is CNY 100.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
1st, I didn't learn that from ZJK fans. The proof had showed that the companies registered with the shareholder's names are all listed and Ma Long Fans in China couldn't even deny that. Because of this relationship of sharing the same interest, the truth might be a different story.

This seems like a complete non-sequitur. How about Xu Xin, Fan Zhendong, Wang Hao, Qin Zijian? Dragged along due to loyalty to their teammates' hot pot restaurant investment?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
It is not difficult to understand ZJK fangirls. They want to protect their hero. Only they and ZJK are against the world. CNT, LGL, ML, and so on are enemies.
For example, they blamed CNT and LGL not to treat ZJK's foot injury which he got in a variety show last year. They blamed CNT, LGL and QZJ not to get ZJK fully prepared for Lee Sangsu (no technical analysis, no good practice partners) to make him lost in 2017 WTTC. They blamed LGL and ML for stealing chances from other players - that's why ML played so many tournament and got WR#1. When ML received CCTV personality best male athlete award (the first male TT player to win the award), they first disgraced the award (although sports people regard the award highly in Olympic year) because ZJK was not able to get it in 2012-2014. Then they spread a rumor which made to the headline that ML bullied Sun Yang in the lounge room. Think about it, Sun Yang is 6' 6'' and ~200 lbs. Will ML's MMA skills work on Sun Yang?
Li Wujun (CCTV journalist who was at the award ceremony) later clarified that CNT and swimmer team used separate lounge room. However, the rumor can still be found now.
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2017-01-22/doc-ifxzuswq3229233.shtml
Li Wujun's clarification:
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2017-01-22/doc-ifxzuswq3230069.shtml

This confirms my distint impression at Dusseldorf that a lot of ZJK fangirls are not even remotely interested in TT or the other Chinese players (also crowd abandoning stands after ZJK loss in Chengdu). I did not know they are actively hostile to the other Chinese players, which is what this sounds like!

The fact that professional athlete teammates sometimes invest in some of the same business ventures happens all over the world. Hard to see in this case what difference it makes in this case!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Also they made up things to make their hero greater. Just give you two examples related to TT that are widely-spread and see if you can tell if these are true.
(1) ZJK won World Junior TT Championship in 2002.
(2) ZJK was awarded 2010 ITTF Technique of the Year for banana flip.

This confirms my distint impression at Dusseldorf that a lot of ZJK fangirls are not even remotely interested in TT or the other Chinese players (see also the crowd abandoning the stands after ZJK loss in Chengdu). I did not know they are actively hostile to the other Chinese players, which is what this sounds like!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Let me help you rationalize:
LGL shares investment with ML. LGL in trouble, ML in.
QZJ is ML's previous coach. ML in, QZJ in.
LGL shares investment with M Lin and M Lin is ML's current coach. LGL in trouble and ML in, M Lin in.
QZJ is XX's previous coach. QZJ in, XX in.
FZD doesn't want to be alone or is threatened by other 4. FZD in.
WH is FZD's coach. FZD in, WH in. (WH is not among the 5 who protested at the beginning.)
:D:D

This seems like a complete non-sequitur. How about Xu Xin, Fan Zhendong, Wang Hao, Qin Zijian? Dragged along due to loyalty to their teammates' hot pot restaurant investment?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
ZJK is not ZJK fangirls, of course. But he and his team know what fangirls are doing to other players and coaches and never ask them to stop. His team once liked a fangirl post saying ZJK is the only person who beat WLQ, M Lin and WH and others waited for those 3 to retire to get the position in CNT. Not a big deal.

Anyways, the stupid rumors made by ZJK fangirls are sometimes funny and like IQ tests.

wow , rain has come out guns blazing .. before this dissolves into another ML vs ZJK fan fight , lets call out one difference, rumors floated by ZJK fangirls cannot be counted as ZJK's responsibility ...

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Rain is on a roll!

The only thing the ZJK Fangirls did to me was talk too much and block my view (which I might have forgiven if any had been cute, but alas).

I had no idea that they were the embodiment of evil! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D and TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
wow , rain has come out guns blazing .. before this dissolves into another ML vs ZJK fan fight , lets call out one difference, rumors floated by ZJK fangirls cannot be counted as ZJK's responsibility ...

Its getting so boring and predictable its kinda funny :p. I guess ML losing all these years creates psychological issues and illusions

p.s. Yesterday I pressed like to a photo with chinese men that said "All chinese look the same"

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
ZJK is not ZJK fangirls, of course. But he and his team know what fangirls are doing to other players and coaches and never ask them to stop. His team once liked a fangirl post saying ZJK is the only person who beat WLQ, M Lin and WH and others waited for those 3 to retire to get the position in CNT. Not a big deal.

Anyways, the stupid rumors made by ZJK fans are sometimes funny and like IQ tests.

It seemed that you are bursting with anger about ZJK's fan girls. That's not what we discussed earlier....Gee!

Upon your reply of hotpot things, you already confirmed that they are the business partners for years and they had closed relationship and definitely share the same interest. You mentioned that many people has the same name in China and the names listed might not be them but that is a key person, Guo Bin (Wang Nan's husband). He is LGL's best friend, also listed as business partner in those companies; their (2 ML & LGL, QZJ) business relationship are also connected through their family names.

Also we all know that the head coach, LGL in the past has power to make a lot of decisions including the equipment purchase, places to held tt games and etc. Not to mention that with his title of head coach, he could claim a good portion of what his players earned in the games or any type of commercial activities. With the picture what I had mentioned, it make more sense to explain why tt players (with world top 3 players titles as a negotiation condition) and other tt coaches would team up to do the boycott.

As a person who has been working for years and know about China's government, my opinion is either they fight for possessing the power again along with benefit/earnings or they are all idiots.

P.S. It won't be a problem to have your own investment but that will be a question/doubt if they are having a business partner relationship in the department of a company, especially with the case of LGL who has so much power in the past...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
mlzjk.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Please post the evidence here and let people judge. What's the proof of LGL's earning from players' prize money and commercial activities.

ML/Ma Lin/LGL's wife joined the investment of the hot pot restaurant on July 1, 2015. What a long-lasting biz partnership, isn't it?

It seemed that you are bursting with anger about ZJK's fan girls. That's not what we discussed earlier....Gee!

Upon your reply of hotpot things, you already confirmed that they are the business partners for years and they had closed relationship and definitely share the same interest. You mentioned that many people has the same name in China and the names listed might not be them but that is a key person, Guo Bin (Wang Nan's husband). He is LGL's best friend, also listed as business partner in those companies; their (2 ML & LGL, QZJ) business relationship are also connected through their family names.

Also we all know that the head coach, LGL in the past has power to make a lot of decisions including the equipment purchase, places to held tt games and etc. Not to mention that with his title of head coach, he could claim a good portion of what his players earned in the games or any type of commercial activities. With the picture what I had mentioned, it make more sense to explain why tt players (with world top 3 players titles as a negotiation condition) and other tt coaches would team up to do the boycott.

As a person who has been working for years and know about China's government, my opinion is either they fight for possessing the power again along with benefit/earnings or they are all idiots.

P.S. It won't be a problem to have your own investment but that will be a question/doubt if they are having a business partner relationship in the department of a company, especially with the case of LGL who has so much power in the past...

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I think the simplest and most likely explanation is that the three players (ML, FZD, XX) genuinely feel that an injustice was done and that they were personally injured by LGL being fired, also they don't like being kept in the dark and not being consulted, and the fact that some are in a small business with him means that they trust him (they are certainly not investing money they would miss if they lost it). They may also believe that they have enough stature as players to be able to get away with this, whereas other athletes in China might not, and they may be fully aware that the GSA is now being run by a crazy person. It doesn't mean they are idiots. Now, have they miscalculated? Maybe, but I still think it might be a little too soon to know for sure. Does that mean that LGL is necessarily squeaky clean or the perfect head coach in every way? It does not. Those are somewhat separate issues.

How ZJK fits into everything is much more of a soap opera drama. He is pretty much irrelevant as a player at this point.

Last edited: