Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
.. saw this late OSPH .. "club" - mate, not "team" -mate" ... clubmate whose recent penhold blade setup was graciously and painstakingly put together by yours truly , now I am left ruing my own helpfulness .. should have botched up the rubber cutting job and not left any space for him to wrap his fingers around !!! ... never again ! :mad:
LOLOLOLOL monster, your own teammate!!

*high fives confiscate*

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
confiscated goods said:
lol sorry man I think I pissed him off. My bad hahahahaha. Ya I know right? ttmonster is the nicest person in the club but I think I touched a nerve :) My bad

I said that 23x haha about my own sentence prior in that post, the way I said it might make someone not knowing the forum that ttmonster is evil mad.

Yet, a random Mr. T meme without any provocation is cool in my book. That is how the Goon Squad and the ever popular random TTD tradition of jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge for joy got started.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
.. saw this late OSPH .. "club" - mate, not "team" -mate" ... clubmate whose recent penhold blade setup was graciously and painstakingly put together by yours truly

lol ttmonster ah man come on now. I helped out too with ordering rubber and glue for everyone :) Yes my blade setup was graciously and professionally put together by ttmonster...no doubt ttmonster is the real deal TT expert, everyone in the club knows that

and also...yes I am a "club"-mate haha. But ttmonster isn't your doubles-partner penhold? :) Because I remember seeing his spinny forehand topspin getting lots of points. Hahahahaha

also ttmonster dude my backhand is nowhere near as good as yours. Not even close. Your backhand is hard for folks in the club to beat....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
all this sweet talk is not going to get you anywhere confiscate ..... man up and prepare for duel ... you have insulted the shakehanders , so now pay the price !!!

lol ttmonster ah man come on now. I helped out too with ordering rubber and glue for everyone :) Yes my blade setup was graciously and professionally put together by ttmonster...no doubt ttmonster is the real deal TT expert, everyone in the club knows that

and also...yes I am a "club"-mate haha. But ttmonster isn't your doubles-partner penhold? :) Because I remember seeing his spinny forehand topspin getting lots of points. Hahahahaha

also ttmonster dude my backhand is nowhere near as good as yours. Not even close. Your backhand is hard for folks in the club to beat....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
all this sweet talk is not going to get you anywhere confiscate ..... man up and prepare for duel ... you have insulted the shakehanders , so now pay the price !!!

lol. is there going to be a duel for honour at high noon? because i am not a cowboy hahaha

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

Nah, I got this... or his leftovers after you finish him ttmonster. I am considering rolling into your town one week from now on Sunday, as I must travel to San Diego for a week's class for work.

Same terms as usual, 12 Becks and a dinner. To make a special twist, I promised Derek Hao (2500+ USATT rated chopper) that I would visit him at his club... we could easily arrange for something epic to happen at the TT Dojo...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So I am testing a blade called the Tibhar Inca. I put two Evolution MX-S on both sides. I wasn't sure whether I Wanted to do this initially as I usually hate testing a new blade with a rubber I haven't used in a while. I had put Evolution MX-S on the forehand of my Mazunov (you see me using the Mazunov with Nexy Karis on both sides in my match vs Bavly) because I wanted to see what I could do with a spinnier rubber. I could not figure out what the looping approach of the MX-S was in order to keep the ball safe with the Mazunov, but I decided it was growing pains and that I would figure it out.

The Tibhar Inca has a hinoki outer ply. Anyone who has used a blade with a Hinoki outer play knows the feeling it gives when you brush spin the ball. Well the Inca also has ALC so you feel this pleasant vibration when you brush the ball both hard or soft. I don't think looping the ball has felt this good in a while. The best part of this is that the Inca responds well to brush looping and the MX-S just magnifies the effect. Finally, I understand MX-S much better and can see why some people compare it to T05.

I did some brush looping yesterday and for the first time in a long time, people were blocking my loops long again in practice like it was the 40mm ball. I could also loop for power. For the first time in a long time, I have technique that I understand again and that I am happy with. I think that I can give 2100 players a run for their money again if I play every week.

One of my practice partners saw my loops and was like - wow, where did the arc come from - your loops usually don't arc like that. MX-S is a very precise looping rubber in that it follows your arc precisely so you need to play full loops, but the reward is that the loops have good spin. Would be scary to see what someone like DerEchte could do with that rubber. You can reduce the arc of course just like Chinese rubber, which is the closest thing to MX-S there is. And of course, it is work to loop with but not as much work as the Chinese rubbers.

Would encourage people to give the Inca a look - it does everything pretty well but is exceptional for brush spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Nah, I got this... or his leftovers after you finish him ttmonster. I am considering rolling into your town one week from now on Sunday, as I must travel to San Diego for a week's class for work

lol you shakehanders are so sensitive. Every discussion ends in a duel.
Fine whatever if you guys want a duel, i am up for a challenge :) to DA DEATHs :)

you-enter-a-child-and-leave-a-man_o_2289231.jpg

to make it interesting, next time we should have a doubles duel with frank and me vs ttmonster with Mr. Der Echte (if he is in da club that day!) or another shakehander. because it will be penhold vs shakehand LOL

Last edited:
This user has no status.
So I am testing a blade called the Tibhar Inca. I put two Evolution MX-S on both sides. I wasn't sure whether I Wanted to do this initially as I usually hate testing a new blade with a rubber I haven't used in a while. I had put Evolution MX-S on the forehand of my Mazunov (you see me using the Mazunov with Nexy Karis on both sides in my match vs Bavly) because I wanted to see what I could do with a spinnier rubber. I could not figure out what the looping approach of the MX-S was in order to keep the ball safe with the Mazunov, but I decided it was growing pains and that I would figure it out.

The Tibhar Inca has a hinoki outer ply. Anyone who has used a blade with a Hinoki outer play knows the feeling it gives when you brush spin the ball. Well the Inca also has ALC so you feel this pleasant vibration when you brush the ball both hard or soft. I don't think looping the ball has felt this good in a while. The best part of this is that the Inca responds well to brush looping and the MX-S just magnifies the effect. Finally, I understand MX-S much better and can see why some people compare it to T05.

I did some brush looping yesterday and for the first time in a long time, people were blocking my loops long again in practice like it was the 40mm ball. I could also loop for power. For the first time in a long time, I have technique that I understand again and that I am happy with. I think that I can give 2100 players a run for their money again if I play every week.

One of my practice partners saw my loops and was like - wow, where did the arc come from - your loops usually don't arc like that. MX-S is a very precise looping rubber in that it follows your arc precisely so you need to play full loops, but the reward is that the loops have good spin. Would be scary to see what someone like DerEchte could do with that rubber. You can reduce the arc of course just like Chinese rubber, which is the closest thing to MX-S there is. And of course, it is work to loop with but not as much work as the Chinese rubbers.

Would encourage people to give the Inca a look - it does everything pretty well but is exceptional for brush spin.

Happy to hear you have a breakthrough/ephinay on your forehand loop issue. Ripping off OSPH....Can you spot me 9 points?

This user has no status.
Played my regular 2 hours lesson on Saturday but with a different coach. My regular coach was playing the over 40s tournament in upstate Westchester. So i played with the 3rd place finisher in the US Nationals womens category. I have not played with her in half a year and was thinking i was going to do good. But reality struck, she was blocking back everything like a walk in the park. :(

I play with MXP on my forehand and noticed the 1-2 mm shrinkage and decided to put on 1 light layer of booster secret sauce. It expanded back to normal to little or no overhang in about 24 hours, but when i played with it, me and my coach immediately noticed the ball was dropping from its normal high arc. The rubber was softened and lowered the arc. I adjusted after a half a hour and you know what, the lower arc was a eye opener. Hopefully i can keep using it and it will be back to normal in about 1 to 2 weeks.

Played a 2100 penholder and he spotted me 4 points, early games were close and won in 5 games. The last game i beat him 11-3....confidence booster or was it momentum?

Tried playing with carbon blade for a few minutes, i just dont like the hollow feeling. Do they make a carbon blade that doesn't feel hollow?

Signature serve. I think most of us have a signature serve or go to serve. My signature serve is side down short to the middle or right side of the table. Opponents net the returns almost half the time. What is your signature serve?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
In the video below is an 81 year old chopper (He is about 1900-2000 now, his highest level in the current history was 2300-2400, may have been even higher when younger). Unfortunately, this was the only video I could get of him and he is playing another pips player so you may not appreciate how good he is. He beat a couple of guys I struggled with fairly easily and he had a 2200 looper in trouble after being down 0-2, he came back to 2-2 and lost in the 5th game. Of course, at his age, he gets tired easily, but those of you who go to the US Open will see him in the age events. I suspect he will play the Veterans next year as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rznhHfked-U

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Signature serve. I think most of us have a signature serve or go to serve. My signature serve is side down short to the middle or right side of the table. Opponents net the returns almost half the time. What is your signature serve?

Hard question. Partially because I just learnt to do reserve pendulum serves with heavy side-backspin, somewhere in between Lin Gaoyuan's and Michael Maze's style. I could do it earlier, just it wasn't too reliable, as sometimes I couldn't get below the ball and became sidespin/ side-topspin, which was attacked badly. Now I use it a, but I couldn't build a game around it yet, I am not so confident with it. So gotta watch lots of early ZJK :D
My usual serve is normal pendulum, most of the times short to the middle with moderate side-backspin. When I really don't know what to do and I can't stay calm, I try fast pendulum serves Ma Long style (just the motion) and then attack anything.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
rookie mistake putting Der_Echte and me in the same team , you are free to choose your partner ... as long as it is penhold ... oh and talk about high noon, most likely Der_Echte and I will be at Ping Pong Dojo some time in the afternoon next sunday ... feel free to drop down with your arsenal ...

lol you shakehanders are so sensitive. Every discussion ends in a duel.
Fine whatever if you guys want a duel, i am up for a challenge :) to DA DEATHs :)

View attachment 14807

to make it interesting, next time we should have a doubles duel with frank and me vs ttmonster with Mr. Der Echte (if he is in da club that day!) or another shakehander. because it will be penhold vs shakehand LOL

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Verified by Elite Amateur player Derek Chao... 1 PM this Sunday, Goon Squad and any ole citizen encouraged to bring Weapons of Mass Destruction (TT bats) to the club and have at it. Fire code for that building is something like 350, so limit the number of groupies you bring to the club, only so many of them will fit in before the Anti-Goonies call the authorities to evacuate the building.

Der_Echte, ttmonster, maybe confiscate, maybe tropical, maybe who knows whoever and their sister intend on being present.

Last edited: