Qatar Open 2020

I'm serious!
BNT3 streams all the semis and the finals today.
Also they streamed the Hungarian Open semis and finals and the German Open too.
That's why you can't watch tv.ittf - cause bnt has bought the rights for today. And the quality is much better than online.

Yes, no kidding, ha-ha, have never expected!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
I dispute it. She will play singles only if they believe wh wa t she did against Ito is something only she can do. She was probably the favorite for teams anyways but the Ding Meng combo needs work.

I think just based on limited time and possibly of tournaments from now til Tokyo 2020 being cancelled, this might of been last chance for alot of players to make their cases for selection. CM has had good run last few tournaments and honestly only one proven can consistently beat Mima.

DN just got destroyed, but she did beat Mima in QF earlier in the year, I believe DN just had a bad night and one to learn from these experiences. LSW think time has run out to convince coaches she can beat Mima, other one that I think has real confidence against Mima is SYS, but lately form been down and doubles performances has not been too impressive.

Just my opinion, I could be completely wrong but I can only go on what I'm seeing.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
0SBT2kN.jpg

5S0TSVQ.jpg

xOjeM0Y.jpg

kbc9vgh.jpg

bA2sqC2.jpg

fB0cLOM.jpg

cIOJBMi.jpg

cjxTq2o.jpg

UCNVGHJ.jpg

2P3A4PQ.jpg

61sDC7L.jpg

3HJDffm.jpg

6C9V49U.jpg

RjVRSlM.jpg

EkwAFOi.jpg

aX36Zmg.jpg

E3GuOSE.jpg

OQCAckp.jpg

xM4e6VO.jpg

gUfQgUi.jpg

ILsEyUU.jpg

LLFOwVp.jpg

yghAcLa.jpg

This user has no status.
I don't know what you think guys but i think ITO is bipolar.
yday she was smiling while playing XD with MIZUTANI. You could tell from Game 2 or even Game 1 from ITO's body language that she wasn't in a good day and had already lost.

Now, I agree that CM has at least 2 big things for her against ITO:
- she's more powerful than other players, so it seems to me she stands a little bit farther from the table, and its easier for her to have lower and spinny trajectories especially with her BH. ITO's bread and butter is to dominate the BH diagonal and punch balls coming a bit high, but those balls don't come often with CM.
- CM needed only 1 game to read ITO's serves. ITO's getting a lot of cheap points with her serves and serve/3rd ball combos usually

ITO changed her tactics a bit in G5, pivoting to take her FH early. But thats not her A game, she got an early lead but CM catched on quickly.

Despite CM qualities, i think ITO should have arguments to fight back, but if she has lost it already in her head, nothing good can happen. Its not normal the way ITO is always losing to CHEN. Its ok to lose; after all CM is WR1 but not the way she does.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
yday she was smiling while playing XD with MIZUTANI. You could tell from Game 2 or even Game 1 from ITO's body language that she wasn't in a good day and had already lost.

- she's more powerful than other players, so it seems to me she stands a little bit farther from the table, and its easier for her to have lower and spinny trajectories especially with her BH. ITO's bread and butter is to dominate the BH diagonal and punch balls coming a bit high, but those balls don't come often with CM.
- CM needed only 1 game to read ITO's serves. ITO's getting a lot of cheap points with her serves and serve/3rd ball combos usually

ITO changed her tactics a bit in G5, pivoting to take her FH early. But thats not her A game, she got an early lead but CM catched on quickly.

Despite CM qualities, i think ITO should have arguments to fight back, but if she has lost it already in her head, nothing good can happen. Its not normal the way ITO is always losing to CHEN. Its ok to lose; after all CM is WR1 but not the way she does.

Well lot of ladies moods go up and down frequently, so do men, bit of bipolar in most of us.

Mima I actually think goes into every game positive, but I know what you mean that sense of helplessness and once that occurs plenty players start doing silly mistakes or shots, gifting points the other way. Comes with experience I suppose, Mima reletivly young still so expect her continue to grow.

Then you have you're really analytical players like Xu Xin who I find sometimes opponents really take them the distance but Xu Xin slows tempo down, tries work out right combination and can pull off 7 game wins, which we have seen time and time again. Mima I think will eventually get there, lot of talent in her.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

I don't think you are being entirely fair to Ito and yes Chen Meng has that Li Xiaoxia extra power thing working for her. Sometimes it is annoying to feel like nothing is working and at a certain point it hurts your mood regardless of how calm you are because you do care about the results.

I also think Chen Meng's coach is annoyingly loud and needs to calm the eff down.

The good thing for Ito is that she now has homework. I am sure they can find men who can loop to her like Chen Meng so she can deal with that style.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I don't think you are being entirely fair to Ito and yes Chen Meng has that Li Xiaoxia extra power thing working for her. Sometimes it is annoying to feel like nothing is working and at a certain point it hurts your mood regardless of how calm you are because you do care about the results.

I also think Chen Meng's coach is annoyingly loud and needs to calm the eff down.

The good thing for Ito is that she now has homework. I am sure they can find men who can loop to her like Chen Meng so she can deal with that style.

Sometimes it about style rather than adaptation. I think Chen/SYS's game is something Ito's pips simply can not handle. Ito's game is perfect foil for DN/ZYL type of rally game. But not power game !!

Well it's been a good week for Liam Pitchford.
Winning the English Nationals and now a Final in Qatar.

It seems the switch from butterfly to Victas isn't holding him back.

Looks like Pitchford has improved his forehand a lot, I see him playing a lot more extended elbow forehands, with contact further from the body. With his freakshly long arms, he gets a HECK of a lot of torque on those shots.

He also seems to have leaned into the last second wrist flick, you have no idea where he's going to hit a backhand until he actually hits it.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Looks like Pitchford has improved his forehand a lot, I see him playing a lot more extended elbow forehands, with contact further from the body. With his freakshly long arms, he gets a HECK of a lot of torque on those shots.

He also seems to have leaned into the last second wrist flick, you have no idea where he's going to hit a backhand until he actually hits it.

Liam "wrist" Pitchford - What an absolutely wonderful performance !!! Liam was always a threat to CNT till his game dipped late last year. Glad he is back with a bang..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Anyone know when player names must be submitted for 2020 Olympics? Imagine the difficulty of Chinese coach having to decide which players he will be sending in male and female categories

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
Well it's been a good week for Liam Pitchford.
Winning the English Nationals and now a Final in Qatar.

It seems the switch from butterfly to Victas isn't holding him back.

Switch to Victas? Look at the back of Liam's shirt … logo of Victas?