World Table Tennis Championships 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Shut up you stupid woke… you know nothing about table tennis and worldwide diplomacy.

Before accusing me for racism look at the team I support

Before accusing me for racism, just look at Eugene Wang
DGH_20190807_112.jpg
I didn't accuse you of racism, in fact I said nothing of you. Although you do sound like a typical racist guy right now, prefacing a criticism of someone colored by pointing out his colored friends :ROFLMAO:

Now, as for WCQ's serves, I think a lot of hook serves are somewhat hidden. With that said, if the refs aren't gonna call it, it's no use to dwell on it. It's just gonna affect your play down the line by for example using valuable timeout time complaining instead of working on tactics.
It's about fair play. Compare the act of Vladimir Samsonov, who sacrificed the title of European champion for the sake of fair play, and the act of Ma Long at this championship, which actually did not risk anything. It's disgusting in my opinion.
What fair play? It was clearly a side. Ma Long thought so, the umpire thought so, and judging by Wang's reaction he thought so as well. That's why I don't get the controversy. If it was clearly an edge, then yes, I'd agree with ML playing dirty. Heck, even if it was questionable I'd understand some complaining about him getting the benefit of the doubt, but it was clear as day that it was a side.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
It's about fair play. Compare the act of Vladimir Samsonov, who sacrificed the title of European champion for the sake of fair play, and the act of Ma Long at this championship, which actually did not risk anything. It's disgusting in my opinion.
dbkEP7v.gif

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Uda and Togami losing to Ovtcharov and Franziska in the doubles isn't something I predicted. Seems like a tournament to forget for these two when paired with their brutal singles run against wcq.
Coupled with Togami's bold statement to "get both medals in singles and doubles" before the tournament too lmao. I hope the guy can humble down, just because he's the best domestically doesn't mean he can run his mouth like that

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Coupled with Togami's bold statement to "get both medals in singles and doubles" before the tournament too lmao. I hope the guy can humble down, just because he's the best domestically doesn't mean he can run his mouth like that
That's not entirely fair, he is a talented player, he has to voice his worth in advance of knowing the draw, losing to good teams is always a possibility.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
i don't think there's anything wrong with his statements, it is obvious that one should aspire to win medals before coming in to a tournament.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I understand his aspiration, but for a player that's nicknamed "uchibenkei" (lion at home, mouse abroad) by the fans that statement just makes him lose credibility.
Losing to Wang Chuqin and Dima/Franziska should never hurt anyone's credibility. Unless you know little about table tennis and just want to put a man down for having aspirations.

This user has no status.
YUAN Jianan was up 10-8 with her serves in G7. Her BH serve was in the net, then she missed her BH receive, and finally missed her BH opening topspin...

normally its me who does this kind of thing all the time...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
YUAN Jianan was up 10-8 with her serves in G7. Her BH serve was in the net, then she missed her BH receive, and finally missed her BH opening topspin...

normally its me who does this kind of thing all the time...
When I watch pros, sometimes, I take comfort that they make the same errors we make, it is just with the game flowing at a much higher speed than ours does.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Amazing half long serve by Togami here with equally amazing camera work:

I think more slow mo replays like this would help casual viewers understand just how spinny and low these shots can get. Great stuff
My my, this is a brutal serve. I am glad no rubbers are hurt during the process.

Reactions: jazzcomp
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Goda's rubber tore during her match against Li
My T05 tore when my clubmate served me a brutal half long serve ( double bounce type ) with the second bounce right at the white line of the FH corner. I'll upload the pic of the damaged T05 later when I get my hands on my blade at home. Now at work.

p/s Was too gung-ho with a BH open-up.

This user has no status.
The side/edge in Ma Long vs Eugene Wang's case seems to be quite borderline because the ball kinda looks like it went off on a flatish angle - very hard to tell whether it's upwards or not.

This is why we need Hawkeye systems in important tournaments with a challenge system. Umpires just cannot make these calls consistently with just the eyes.

My opinion is no one is at fault here, it's the lack of a good system in TT. Ma Long couldn't have known from his viewing angle similar to Persson as he was on the pivot side to the BH, and thus he remained quiet and deferred to the umpire.

There's no reason why Hawkeye cannot be implemented in table tennis, it's there for ages already in badminton and tennis, for the exact same reason.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
And there goes Lebrun

Lebrun(s) now.

They're still young, need to mature a bit before being able to step it up a notch in big events. Still, they're very talented and they've played to their seeds so overall a solid performance.

Losing to Wang Chuqin and Dima/Franziska should never hurt anyone's credibility. Unless you know little about table tennis and just want to put a man down for having aspirations.

You know how fans are like, the more they love you and are invested in your success, the more they take your failures personally.