World Table Tennis Championships 2023

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
WCQ is fearless like ZJK back in 2011 - a star rising so quickly to challenge the throne of table tennis.

My biggest fear is that WCQ’s quick rise will dethrone FZD and ends his career like how ZJK’s rapid rise ended Wang Hao’s career.
First debut in WTTC:
ZJK: XD at WTTC 2009, MS and MD at WTTC 2011
FZD: MS at WTTC 2013, MD at WTTC 2015, XD at WTTC 2019
WCQ: MD at WTTC 2019, MS and XD at WTTC 2021

First MS final in WTTC:
ZJK: WTTC 2011
FZD: WTTC 2017
WCQ: WTTC 2023

First MD final in WTTC:
ZJK: WTTC 2015
FZD: WTTC 2017
WCQ: WTTC 2019

First XD final in WTTC:
ZJK: WTTC 2009
FZD: Has yet to reach (FZD/DN 0-4 XX/LSW in SF of WTTC 2019)
WCQ: WTTC 2021

WCQ: 2000-2/05/11
王楚钦的真实年龄到底是00年的还是98年的?
Is WCQ's real age 00 or 98?
https://www.zhihu.com/question/368366464

H2H:
nQF7kzr.png

And FZD's comment after Tokyo 2020,
Some catching up to do.

https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2021-08-23/doc-ikqciyzm3055790.shtml
https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2021-08-18/doc-ikqciyzm2089324.shtml

He[FZD] doesn't think that the silver medal in singles is a pity. "Regrettable is when there's no second chance to make up for it, but this is my first time participating in the Olympics and showing myself on the Olympic stage. I've just hit the road."

ML became the first male player to defend the Olympic table tennis singles gold medal in Tokyo. "Although Ma Long and I are not athletes of the same era, I am indeed honored to be able to fight side by side with him in such a period, or against him as opponents. This is also a wealth for me," said FZD.

FZD, who ranks first in the world and has won many world titles, said that his peak has not yet arrived.

"Skill-wise, I may have reached a relatively high level, or rather, I'm neck and neck with all the world's top-level players in terms of technical prowess, but for my overall strength, including some soft power in the match, there is still a lot of room for improvement," said FZD.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
Wang Chuqin is the underdog in this matchup and he'll need to pull 120% of his ability to win this. I think Fan Zhendong will still take this.

Chen Meng vs Sun Yingsha is harder to predict - Sun Yingsha is favoured but Chen Meng won the last time they met so I think Chen Meng will win this.

Reactions: JeffM
Jan 2018
Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
Wow SYS playing perfect table tennis to avoid the serve/3rd ball patterns/tactics of Chen Meng. She is unrivalled in the rally and she proves to the world that she is finally no.1 even in big competitions after a string of 2nd place finishes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Sun Yingsha wins a match where both players were obviously fighting through nerves. Congrats to Sun, and who would have predicted that the pair of Zhu Yuling and Chen Meng would only finish their careers with runner-up titles at the WTTC when they were clearly the future in 2015? Though by 2017, there were signs of this but the fact that 2019 happened means it wasn't entirely inevitable.

Reactions: blahness and JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
FZD has a WC under his belt. WCQ will be more motivated. Both are so incredibly skilled.
I want Wang to win, but I think FZD just has a higher level of maturation. All the years of suffering against Ma Long have given him perspective against other opponents. WCQ might need another year or two of same.

Reactions: blahness and JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Fan's defensive skills are crazy - that 2-1, 9-9 point, that was a loose serve and Wang thought he could win it on the return. Crazy that Fan won that point. Losing game 4 is crushing in this kind of war of attrition. The problem is that Wang is not used to fighting like this, but Fan is used to it with all his Ma Long battles. Can Wang actually go into the war of attrition mode? He hasn't had a chance to demonstrate this in the true way, only FZD and Lim Junghoon matches I remember....