Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
User error :D

Seriously though, because of the stiff topsheet I had a hard time generating spin at low and medium power. This led me to just flat-hit whacking the ball when it came to my FH. Also, I didn't get good spin out of my serves. I'm guessing a lot of the problems were due to my low level, but I didn't want to develop bad habits.
Yeah, any rubber you can't serve heavy spin with, no matter the reason, will be relatively hard to play with.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Seriously though, because of the stiff topsheet I had a hard time generating spin at low and medium power. This led me to just flat-hit whacking the ball when it came to my FH. Also, I didn't get good spin out of my serves. I'm guessing a lot of the problems were due to my low level, but I didn't want to develop bad habits.
I now have R9 on the FH and r3pink on BH on a 1350Hz ALC innerlayer blade. Both sides spin very nicely, plenty grip BUT for serves need a very gentle touch. I have 2 layers of seamoon on the R9. It is now a bit bouncier than the R3. Using a pendulum serve with a mixed side / back-spin I can easily land one ball after the other on the other side of the net and stay there without rolling off the table. Got a nasty flue and will not likely to the clubnight tomorrow so have to wait a week to use it in anger. If this setup proves to be too hard to handle I shall stick it on the old TSP which is the slowest blade I've got

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I now have R9 on the FH and r3pink on BH on a 1350Hz ALC innerlayer blade. Both sides spin very nicely, plenty grip BUT for serves need a very gentle touch. I have 2 layers of seamoon on the R9. It is now a bit bouncier than the R3. Using a pendulum serve with a mixed side / back-spin I can easily land one ball after the other on the other side of the net and stay there without rolling off the table. Got a nasty flue and will not likely to the clubnight tomorrow so have to wait a week to use it in anger. If this setup proves to be too hard to handle I shall stick it on the old TSP which is the slowest blade I've got
Hope I'm not giving you the wrong impression about the Rxton 3B. Should be noted I'm a beginner player and my experience of using it is within 10 months of playing. Before that I was using Mercury 2, Rxton 5, and Battle 2 and maybe was used to brushing with tackier rubber.

WRM reviewed Rxton 3B as being direct, minimal tension, and easy to play especially on the BH. So your experience might track better with theirs.

Reactions: mattlamperouge
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Hope I'm not giving you the wrong impression about the Rxton 3B. Should be noted I'm a beginner player and my experience of using it is within 10 months of playing. Before that I was using Mercury 2, Rxton 5, and Battle 2 and maybe was used to brushing with tackier rubber.

WRM reviewed Rxton 3B as being direct, minimal tension, and easy to play especially on the BH. So your experience might track better with theirs.
........and I hope that " I " don't give you a wrong impression because I am just a mediocre club hack 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Can some1 explain why ppl brush the ball with chinese rubbers? I see it here and other social media all the time =/
You supposed to hit more flat with this.

Reactions: Fnub
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022

Right after I commented this, WRM put out this video showing a guy getting great amounts of spin serving with Rxton 3 Pink. So I guess this proves the problem was me after all :oops:

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Right after I commented this, WRM put out this video showing a guy getting great amounts of spin serving with Rxton 3 Pink. So I guess this proves the problem was me after all :oops:

That's the problem with these reviews...good players getting more spin out of CJ8000 than me with Hurricane National🤣

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023

This video is not entirely correct. I have no doubt that Rxton 3 is good in its own way, but everything is learned by comparison. Why doesn't the coach take something else for comparison?
Also, I get the impression that his opponent sometimes misses on purpose. I noticed this in other videos too.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
This video is not entirely correct. I have no doubt that Rxton 3 is good in its own way, but everything is learned by comparison. Why doesn't the coach take something else for comparison?
Also, I get the impression that his opponent sometimes misses on purpose. I noticed this in other videos too.
sometimes I even wonder why they bother making videos like that with a rubber.
I mean, give me a rubber, any rubber and 10 minutes and they will all do the same

Reactions: Choosikick
Jan 2023
sometimes I even wonder why they bother making videos like that with a rubber.
I mean, give me a rubber, any rubber and 10 minutes and they will all do the same
It's advertisement. It is still useful for a brand like LOKI since they are not as big as DHS or Butterfly, especially in Japan. Just letting more people know about the existence of LOKI and Rxton is already a plus.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
It's advertisement. It is still useful for a brand like LOKI since they are not as big as DHS or Butterfly, especially in Japan. Just letting more people know about the existence of LOKI and Rxton is already a plus.
well my friend , until not so long ago I would have been on the same side but now I am slowly turning away from Loki. Serious quality issues will never help to promote a brand. I got about a dozen Rxton rubbers here, the old sticky stuff and will never buy anything new again from them.

• Sad
Reactions: longle
Jan 2023
well my friend , until not so long ago I would have been on the same side but now I am slowly turning away from Loki. Serious quality issues will never help to promote a brand. I got about a dozen Rxton rubbers here, the old sticky stuff and will never buy anything new again from them.
I have tried 6 LOKI rubbers now with 2 unopened, my overall experience have been positive so far. The only one that I feel the durability is slightly off is Arthur China, probably why its price has been dropping a lot on Aliexpress and in China. It is particularly bad because LAC is probably one of their most popular rubber...

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
I have tried 6 LOKI rubbers now with 2 unopened, my overall experience have been positive so far. The only one that I feel the durability is slightly off is Arthur China, probably why its price has been dropping a lot on Aliexpress and in China. It is particularly bad because LAC is probably one of their most popular rubber...
Especially sad for my fh usage. I still have 2 sheets here and will order more if they perform as good as the current sheet on my bh (my first 40 degree in red).
But its ise for my fh became a different story.

But for that issue i am currently using R9 which definitly hasnt the durability issue. The main and only problem i am facing right now, that i am not consistent enough with it. It is nearly the same as it was with H3 bs boosted some years ago. That shit boosted was really rough to play with because it punishes mistakes way harder and i was a player with nearly 200 TTR less in that time. Now the issues remain but i can deal with them and at least understand what i am doing wrong. Now i "simply" have to grow with my setup.

And for bh my backup plan will probably remain the harder versions of the moon blue 12 :p

Jan 2023
Especially sad for my fh usage. I still have 2 sheets here and will order more if they perform as good as the current sheet on my bh (my first 40 degree in red).
But its ise for my fh became a different story.

But for that issue i am currently using R9 which definitly hasnt the durability issue. The main and only problem i am facing right now, that i am not consistent enough with it. It is nearly the same as it was with H3 bs boosted some years ago. That shit boosted was really rough to play with because it punishes mistakes way harder and i was a player with nearly 200 TTR less in that time. Now the issues remain but i can deal with them and at least understand what i am doing wrong. Now i "simply" have to grow with my setup.

And for bh my backup plan will probably remain the harder versions of the moon blue 12 :p
I have played with Rxton 3 blue and Moon 12 M+ in the last months, I think Moon 12 is better if you blocks and counters a lot, R3B is better if you are more actively looping on the BH. If you have been using LAC on BH I'd suggest going for at least Moon 12 H- if not H+.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
prices normally go down because the sales are poor. People are well informed now and know when there are faults in the products.

Reactions: hclnnkhg
This user has no status.
I have played with Rxton 3 blue and Moon 12 M+ in the last months, I think Moon 12 is better if you blocks and counters a lot, R3B is better if you are more actively looping on the BH. If you have been using LAC on BH I'd suggest going for at least Moon 12 H- if not H+.
That is the plan ;)
The soft one lacked some punch and after seeing @longle hitting beautiful bh with the harder version i have a new idol :love:

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
PREWARNED IS PREARMED.
LOKI rubbers all are going to be removed from LARC, since a subject to penalty sanction by lTTF to discourage manufacturers from marketing boosters. . The same mishap did came onto HAIFU rubbers recently, being discontinued from LARC, resulting from two warning calls by ITTF.

• Haha
Reactions: Topspinslinger
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
PREWARNED IS PREARMED.
LOKI rubbers all are going to be removed from LARC, since a subject to penalty sanction by lTTF to discourage manufacturers from marketing boosters. . The same mishap did came onto HAIFU rubbers recently, being discontinued from LARC, resulting from two warning calls by ITTF.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
They will simply advertise it as Oil to keep the hands smooth.

Reactions: Topspinslinger