says
Certified USATT Coach
says
Certified USATT Coach
Kojima actually attacked quite a few times against backspin with the classic LP attack. I think Kojima's opponent played a bit too impatiently and with not enough spin variation in his loops. LP penhold is indeed nasty stuff. Kojima didn't even need to twiddle to his inverted side to win?!I've seen many times the YG serve tutorials from Hamakawa but unable to put it in practice
its a pity because wow, his opponent, who's not a noob, he can't handle it at all...
Gucchy's level seem to have dropped a lot. I wasn't impressed by his performance. I never liked his technique, he looks a bit awkward
And Kojima he's won without hitting a single fast drive... lol
when do i switch to long pips ?
Gucchy is probably the weakest among his team, he has quite a few technique issues... the funny thing is that there were others in the team who coached him and he never fixed them anyway.I've seen many times the YG serve tutorials from Hamakawa but unable to put it in practice
its a pity because wow, his opponent, who's not a noob, he can't handle it at all...
Gucchy's level seem to have dropped a lot. I wasn't impressed by his performance. I never liked his technique, he looks a bit awkward
And Kojima he's won without hitting a single fast drive... lol
when do i switch to long pips ?
Gucci, the master of no backhand loop amateur table tennis.I've seen many times the YG serve tutorials from Hamakawa but unable to put it in practice
its a pity because wow, his opponent, who's not a noob, he can't handle it at all...
Gucchy's level seem to have dropped a lot. I wasn't impressed by his performance. I never liked his technique, he looks a bit awkward
And Kojima he's won without hitting a single fast drive... lol
when do i switch to long pips ?
They'd destroy Gan lol. Gan is an equipment seller/reviewer, more comparable to the TT11 crew.They need to play Gan and his friends
Really? What would these guy's usatt rating be?They'd destroy Gan lol. Gan is an equipment seller/reviewer, more comparable to the TT11 crew.
Nah he's probably a bit over 2000 USATT. in the Chinese system I think he's less than 2000, provincial players are usually 2400+.Really? What would these guy's usatt rating be?
I thought Gan was a former provincial player, so i thought he'd be about 2600
Really are you sure!?Nah he's probably a bit over 2000 USATT. in the Chinese system I think he's less than 2000, provincial players are usually 2400+.
I didn't know these WRM guys were so good. I've never really watched them too seriously though. I thought they were just EJ enthusiasts.
This is the only video I've found of Gan actually playing a match, its just judging from a single match but I don't think it's exactly fair to say that he's only "just a bit over usatt2000," but it does seem to me that he probably used to train a lot more in the past and was able to play at a higher level than what is shown in the video. It does say in his YouTube channel info that he is an ex provincial player for Guangxi province, but I'm really not sure the overall level scaling of these provincial players, at least the provincial players that come to the US to coach most commonly slot in pretty comfortably between usatt2300-2500. The way he played in the video it seems he would definitely get smoked by Hamakawa, Kojima and their respective opponents
And when I think of ex-provincial players, I think of Kou Lei and Ma Jinbao, who are both 2700. I thought Gan might be 2600 if he is ex-provincial as well but not as competitive as Kou Lei or Ma Jinbao.
This is the only video I've found of Gan actually playing a match, its just judging from a single match but I don't think it's exactly fair to say that he's only "just a bit over usatt2000," but it does seem to me that he probably used to train a lot more in the past and was able to play at a higher level than what is shown in the video. It does say in his YouTube channel info that he is an ex provincial player for Guangxi province, but I'm really not sure the overall level scaling of these provincial players, at least the provincial players that come to the US to coach most commonly slot in pretty comfortably between usatt2300-2500. The way he played in the video it seems he would definitely get smoked by Hamakawa, Kojima and their respective opponents
Hamakawa is seriously good and is probably the strongest WRM player and Kojima a close second. If you look at how tight their games are and the shot quality they would destroy Gan for sure.I didn't know these WRM guys were so good. I've never really watched them too seriously though. I thought they were just EJ enthusiasts.
I didn't realize Kojima was that good. I just thought he was famous for his crazy style. I only saw him play a match against Kenta Matsudaira once.
So I guess Hamakawa and Kojima never made it to the Japanese national team?Hamakawa is seriously good and is probably the strongest WRM player and Kojima a close second. If you look at how tight their games are and the shot quality they would destroy Gan for sure.
Japanese national team is damn strong lol with guys like Harimoto and Togami in it which is another whole new level.So I guess Hamakawa and Kojima never made it to the Japanese national team?
But are they pro players for the private league teams? Are they just one step removed from being on the JNT?
After watching the video of Gan, yeah he doesn't seem really in form or consistent. But his match didn't look like anything that I imagine a provincial player match. I imagine a provincial match to be like Kou Lei vs Ma Jinbao. So that's why I thought Gan would be good just based on that.