says Aging is a killer
I think that T25 will always have its adherents. It's like Ekrips rubber Vs the big selling Sriver in the old days.

T25FX for me excelled at close to the table blocking and especially flipping incoming backspin. I got lost away from the table, but that was probably me not adjusting my technique properly.

In comparing T05 to T80 the word 'forgiving' seems to be used very often for T80.

So T05 for the very good and developing All+ to Off++ players.
And T80 for the rest of us although Butterfly will market T80 otherwise.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hey Carl,
Thanks for precise explanation. I have one more question. Mizutani od the video said, that t05 is great for the spin and easy to play topspin from a hard backspin. While t64 is quite hard to do it. The question is about spin, t05 have the best spin, why? Does it come with the hardness by the pips? If so why t25 is not the spinnest? I am asking these questions becasue I am going to change my t05fx from my FH to something little bit more aggresive, my blade is quite hard so very hard rubbers are not good. That is why I am thinking if the next selection should be t05 or t80

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I agree

With pretty much everything you said about this rubber. Also, I wish I could blast my backhand down the line with the same power you do. I've seen you do that several times in your reviews.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey Carl,
Thanks for precise explanation. I have one more question. Mizutani od the video said, that t05 is great for the spin and easy to play topspin from a hard backspin. While t64 is quite hard to do it. The question is about spin, t05 have the best spin, why? Does it come with the hardness by the pips? If so why t25 is not the spinnest? I am asking these questions becasue I am going to change my t05fx from my FH to something little bit more aggresive, my blade is quite hard so very hard rubbers are not good. That is why I am thinking if the next selection should be t05 or t80

And it is interesting, even though Butterfly says T80 is faster than T05 and not as spinny as T05, Dan says in his review that T80 is slower and spinner. I think Dan's comment is more accurate than what Butterfly is presenting.

But all rubbers in the Tenergy series spin the ball well. So I would not get too worked up about it. I like T05. But I like them all. And which ever one you are using, once you are used to it, will work for you the way you want and expect it to.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Thanks Dan for this amazing review!

I think T05 is still the most competitive one in the right hands ... most spin and speed.

T80 seems to be more allrounded. It is good for everything but it has no speciality.

I would never buy Tenergy rubbers because they are too expensive and for me TT is a hobby.
They are so expensive because we accept that. If we don't buy Tenergy they would lower the price....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Read 12 reviews
Thanks for the review. Quite to the point and entertaining to watch.

It would be interesting to know what setup both players normally use. When you say "not as good", we need to know compared to what...

And btw, it's pronounced Zhang Jee Ke ;)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey Dan, did you get to try the Timo Boll ZLF? I was looking forward to seeing what you thought about how that blade played. I thought you were going to try it in the review to see how the rubber feels on it in comparison to how it feels on the ALC. Since you have been using the Spirit which is so similar to the ALC I was curious about how the ZLF blade felt to you. But it does not look like you tried it. Did you get to feel the ZLF blade with Tenergy 80?

Hey Carl, the rubbers on each blade felt very similar it was very hard to feel much difference at all. However, the ALC does feel slightly faster.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks for the review. Quite to the point and entertaining to watch.

It would be interesting to know what setup both players normally use. When you say "not as good", we need to know compared to what...

And btw, it's pronounced Zhang Jee Ke ;)

Thanks for the comments :) Haha yes I will use Zhang Jee Ke next time :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
very nice detailed review!

May I ask how often you guys practice in a week?

What do you think how long T80 can keep the full capacity (is that the right word?)

How often should I change this rubber if I practice for example 2-3 times per week for 2 hours?

best regards

TaTe-Maniac

foz

This user has no status.
Butterfly has a different scale. They not use to comon Shore. Soft version have 32, while regular ones 36. But you need to add about 10 degress to each one to compare it with donic for instance.
That's good to know, thanks , I wonder if anyone has an accurate scale or knows the formula to change from one to another?