Table Tennis Practice Match

This user has no status.
Hey guys!
So, after several weeks of not playing this magnificent sport, Laurence and I (I'm the one in black dragon shirt) decided to play and man, our forms gotten worse..hahaha

Anyway, comments are welcome guys!
Oh and we're not using tensors, we use Chinese rubbers and Sriver and Mark V, so the ball may seem to travel slow..
Thanks!

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hey Harvey, one quick pointer to remember...

if you decide to block, which you decided a lot, step forward to where the ball is and get the bat right next to the ball. It will be much easier to block, you will see the ball better, read teh spin better, have better angles to work with, and will apply time pressure on your opponent much more.

As it is now, you decide to block and just stick out your arm when you are more than a meter from the table. From that distance, it is too easy for opponent to continue the attack with a high percentage.

This user has no status.
Hey Harvey, one quick pointer to remember...

if you decide to block, which you decided a lot, step forward to where the ball is and get the bat right next to the ball. It will be much easier to block, you will see the ball better, read teh spin better, have better angles to work with, and will apply time pressure on your opponent much more.

As it is now, you decide to block and just stick out your arm when you are more than a meter from the table. From that distance, it is too easy for opponent to continue the attack with a high percentage.

Thanks for the feedback! I admit that my blocking was a bit wrong in the video, I got lazy that day, that's why I tend to stick my arm when blocking. I guess that's what lack of play can give you, you tend to be lazy once you decided to play again. I'll start training again and I will post videos from now on for feedbacks.

Again, thanks!:)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys! How can I move this thread? I posted it in the wrong category I think..

Hey guys, I posted your thread into the TTD members Video area :)

Really nice video I enjoyed watching this. I think you both have huge amounts of potential, very energetic and have good basics. keep working hard, I think one thing I noticed was you both drop back quick quickly. Also another thing is try to work on your forehand, more waist and rotation to get power into that ball :)

Keep working hard guys, looking forward to your next videos.

This user has no status.
Hey guys, I posted your thread into the TTD members Video area :)

Really nice video I enjoyed watching this. I think you both have huge amounts of potential, very energetic and have good basics. keep working hard, I think one thing I noticed was you both drop back quick quickly. Also another thing is try to work on your forehand, more waist and rotation to get power into that ball :)

Keep working hard guys, looking forward to your next videos.

Thanks Dan!
I'll take note of your suggestions. I'm glad I joined TTD, such a good community of table tennis players. I'll definitely need feedbacks to improve my play. Again, thanks! :)

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
Serves look good but all are far too long, also, long serves should be attacked not fed back to your opponent to attack, some nice rallies and ball control.
maybe play an orange ball against the white background ? Nice video lads!

Thanks foz!
I appreciate your suggestions. The third video I'll post will definitely have orange ball..( I just finished a practice match against my cousin, and I again, used a white ball..hehe..sorry..next time I'll definitely use orange ball:)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks Dan!
I'll take note of your suggestions. I'm glad I joined TTD, such a good community of table tennis players. I'll definitely need feedbacks to improve my play. Again, thanks! :)

No worries, thanks for joining us! :) It's great to have you here. Looking forward to your future improvements :)

See you around!