Do Butterfly blades have hollow handles?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Yes, apparently so. If you scroll down to post #18, you can see that the neck of the Timo Boll T5000 is/was hollowed out, the handle caps are/were solid, though.

I remember that in a similar thread years ago (think it was on mytt), a question like that was asked about the Viscaria, and it was reported that the handle of the Viscaria is solid.
On a side note: Baal once said that taking off the handle caps of a Viscaria is like taking off the wings of a bird. I agree with that, so don't do that with your Viscaria...;)

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Yes, apparently so. If you scroll down to post #18, you can see that the neck of the Timo Boll T5000 is/was hollowed out, the handle caps are/were solid, though.

I remember that in a similar thread years ago (think it was on mytt), a question like that was asked about the Viscaria, and it was reported that the handle of the Viscaria is solid.
On a side note: Baal once said that taking off the handle caps of a Viscaria is like taking off the wings of a bird. I agree with that, so don't do that with your Viscaria...;)
Oh hell no, I've got 2 and they're both perfect. I'm not touching them ever😂

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
It's more complicated with Butterfly.

Viscaria with solid handle

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Some blades Bt have a cavity and some do not. For example, the first Viscaria with an external ayus did not have a cavity in the handle. I know this because I myself removed the handles from it and did WRB to reduce weight and add control. This was even before the triumph of Zhang Jike with Viscaria and the translation of this into “legendary”. Then for me after Stiga it was just a fast blade with no feedback.
But the blade Kong Ling Hui,which came to me broken, had a very decent groove, which is actually why the handle broke.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lowday20298