This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Hello everybody !
My friend discovered Butterfly Viscaria blade and loves it!

Unfortunately, due to certain partnerships he is obliged to play with brands like Tibhar, Donic, Victas, Xiom, Andro, Joola, Yasaka and Stiga.
What do you think would be the most similar blade from these manufacturers? No budget restrictions

We can even imagine that one of these brands offers an even more quality product based on this model.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    5.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
- Donic original True Carbon is a little faster
- Xiom alx 36.5 is a little slower
- andro syntelliac vco is a little faster
- Joola Vyzaryz freeze hrd is a lot faster
- Stiga inspira plus is a little faster
- DHS is poor quality ( even if a lot of people would disagree, because all the Chinese play it… for amateurs who need to exchange rubbers without also exchanging the blade, the quality is poor. Upper plies are brittle and getting damaged when taking off rubbers a lot)
- Tibhar mk carbon is a little harder
- Victas, nittaku hardly have comparable blades

Last edited:
Reactions: Hyooong and Equaaz
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
- DHS is poor quality ( even if a lot of people would disagree, because all the Chinese play it… for amateurs who need to exchange rubbers without also exchanging the blade, the quality is poor. Upper plies are brittle and getting damaged when taking off rubbers a lot)
- Victas, Tibhar, nittaku hardly have comparable blafes
Tibhar VS Unlimited? Cho Daeseong TMX Pro? DOTC is a commonly used blade like Vis.

Alexis Lebrun's blade (he used timo boll alc before).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
- Victas, Tibhar, nittaku hardly have comparable blafes
a lot of people like acoustic carbon outer. its limba not koto, but pretty nice.

Reactions: Equaaz and zeio
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I think you didn't read the request 😕
As I said, the closest is the original true carbon from donic. There's nothing else. And even that has a different carbon. If it's an issue with sponsors then talk to them to modify you a viscaria with one of their handles. Fan zhendong did it with his viscaria and an infinity handle.

If he wants something close but a bit different, there is also the carbonado 90 and 45. My pick is the Dynasty carbon, but it's expensive af...

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Xiom Stradivarius is as near a Viscaria replica which you can get. However, many people ignore few important aspects which makes blade feel similar or different (apart from the blade composition of course) -

1. Blade grip - If the blades have slightly different structure of their handles in any grip shape then they will feel different. This also changes how you feel the ball on the blade.
2. Blade wings - The area of the blade which is very near to handle. If the blade wing size is broader for example, Viscaria vs. the narrower blade for example, Timo Boll ALC then you will have a different feeling of the blade when hitting the ball.
3. Blade weight - If the weights are too much different i.e. consider a difference in weight of close to 4 - 5 gms or more then you will find that the lighter blade has a different feel compared to the heavier one.
4. Hollowness of the handle - Many brands make their blade handles hollow. Some brands even advertise this as a feature for example, Donic Senso Technology. This gives a very different feeling on the ball.

Having mentioned all the above points, if you use a Viscaria and now want another option, as mentioned above Xiom Stradivarius is a very good and affordable option. How do I know? Since I own all these blades which I have mentioned and have played extensively with them and now I can switch between them with minimal adjustments.

• Love
Reactions: M.Hoang and Equaaz
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
As I said, the closest is the original true carbon from donic. There's nothing else. And even that has a different carbon. If it's an issue with sponsors then talk to them to modify you a viscaria with one of their handles. Fan zhendong did it with his viscaria and an infinity handle.

If he wants something close but a bit different, there is also the carbonado 90 and 45. My pick is the Dynasty carbon, but it's expensive af...
The question is not why he can't play with Butterfly and how to get around this constraint.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Xiom Stradivarius is as near a Viscaria replica which you can get. However, many people ignore few important aspects which makes blade feel similar or different (apart from the blade composition of course) -

1. Blade grip - If the blades have slightly different structure of their handles in any grip shape then they will feel different. This also changes how you feel the ball on the blade.
2. Blade wings - The area of the blade which is very near to handle. If the blade wing size is broader for example, Viscaria vs. the narrower blade for example, Timo Boll ALC then you will have a different feeling of the blade when hitting the ball.
3. Blade weight - If the weights are too much different i.e. consider a difference in weight of close to 4 - 5 gms or more then you will find that the lighter blade has a different feel compared to the heavier one.
4. Hollowness of the handle - Many brands make their blade handles hollow. Some brands even advertise this as a feature for example, Donic Senso Technology. This gives a very different feeling on the ball.

Having mentioned all the above points, if you use a Viscaria and now want another option, as mentioned above Xiom Stradivarius is a very good and affordable option. How do I know? Since I own all these blades which I have mentioned and have played extensively with them and now I can switch between them with minimal adjustments.

The problem with the Stradivarius is the handle. In my opinion, the Xiom 36.5 ALX and Tibhar Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon are the closests, but we are open to other alternatives 👍