DHS H3 vs Yasaka Rakza Z

Are you comparing power or speed? I can understand if you swing softly that H3 is not very fast. But to say that H3 lacks power kinda not true. It is designed to be played aggressively by top players, which sadly do not translate to most of us.

Actually, I had similar thought. But time and time again people say that mx-s is very good rubber. Not factory boosted, enough speed and very good spin. Wanna try it myself to clear doubts.
H3 is excellent for brushing but it’s too hard word work to really engage the sponge. I’m not saying that H3 is less powerful, I’m saying it’s easier to access with Rakza Z. But with a little more speed it would be perfect. That’s a quest for later for now it’s Rakza Z…

Cheers
L-zr

try boosting your h3. it definitely gives it a little catapult effect but still the low deadly trajectory.
That’s my plan, I have a sheet cooking, but it will another month or so before I will test. Also H8 and its siblings as soon as I can get one at a good discount.

Cheers
L-zr

im determined to figure out how to finish strongly against medium high and high balls with Rakza Z on forehand (coming along but its a pain), on backhand it is working best that ive experienced (mainly due to lots of practice though).
I usually don’t use that many kill shots I win most balls with placement. But with more power we’ll see…

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: TampaBayTableTennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
im determined to figure out how to finish strongly against medium high and high balls with Rakza Z on forehand (coming along but its a pain), on backhand it is working best that ive experienced (mainly due to lots of practice though).
I had issues with this at first with the Z. Had to put my body and arm all in the forward direction, assuming the ball is dead or has some topspin. My coach has been drilling this into me ever since I starting using this rubber a few months ago.

@Lazer If you are looking for hurricane 3 39 but faster, you could try 729 Battle II Provincial Orange. It is more or less the same (a bit harder topsheet, and a bit lower throw), but a lot easier to play with. I can go into more detail if you are interested.
Got it noted, thanks.

Cheers
L-zr

_ak

This user has no status.
I had issues with this at first with the Z. Had to put my body and arm all in the forward direction, assuming the ball is dead or has some topspin. My coach has been drilling this into me ever since I starting using this rubber a few months ago.
Do you manage to recover to hit a blocked ball?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
that is one of the disadvantages of a very high throw rubber. If you counter spin you have to close the bat angle alot and that makes it easier to hit the edge of your blade at times. That is one thing i disliked about the Rakza Z.

At times i had to basically hit it above shoulder level if the topspin with strong and high. I basically build a ceiling for the upbouncing ball while counter looping. that always felt odd.

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
Agreed, G09C feel a lot more deadish, Nothing like D09C, but it still worked for me since I was looking at fixing my FH. At this point I prefer Rakza Z.

Cheers
L-zr
I kinda started to like g09c when I doing less training, softer, slower rubber in comparison with d09c. But I like them both. You need some power to g09c became fast, if there is not - there are better options. Rakza z is one of them, with other more springy/faster hybrids k3 maybe, won’t sure about hurricane never touched it

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
I played rakza z for a long time until they raised their prices tremendously, at least for my country (from 30-35€ to around 50).
But i used it on bh and liked it a lot. If you want smth in between you could go for the extra hard version and should have the best of both worlds you seek and still have more than enough of a powerceiling.

I tried rakza z 2-3 times on fh, and it tends to bottom out on me which felt really awkward.

Aside from that, really good rubber with an awesome arc, good grip, really good speed and spin.
Awkward indeed, I have the same feeling that Rakza Z bottoms out too easily, especially on stiff blades. Yet Extra hard is too difficult to bottom out, unless on soft blades. If only they can make a 'Hard' version truly in between...that would be my instant favourite rubber. Now both are not my main rubbers, but I do enjoy them for fun playing on my secondary blade, one on each side.

And the price, luckily it stays in the 30-35€ range here. Hope it does not increase like crazy. Rubber prices seem more reasonable in Asia region than in Europe in recent years.

Agreed, G09C feel a lot more deadish, Nothing like D09C, but it still worked for me since I was looking at fixing my FH. At this point I prefer Rakza Z.

Cheers
L-zr
How would you compare Rakza Z to D09c? Any reason you like them on FH? Throw angle of RZ is so unique and D09c has more gears but both are not my FH rubbers anymore. Both are not necessarily slow rubbers but to me they somehow reduces power output. Would like something more bouncy and shooting-out for FH like Rakza XX or T05. H3 does not fit this description but works so well in a magical way...

Last edited:
Awkward indeed, I have the same feeling that Rakza Z bottoms out too easily, especially on stiff blades. Yet Extra hard is too difficult to bottom out, unless on soft blades. If only they can make a 'Hard' version truly in between...that would be my instant favourite rubber. Now both are not my main rubbers but I do enjoy them for fun playing on my secondary blade now, one on each side.

And the price, luckily it stays in the 30-35€ range here. Hope it does not increase like crazy. Rubber prices seem more reasonable in Asia region than in Europe in recent years.

How would you compare Rakza Z to D09c? Any reason you like them on FH? Throw angle of RZ is so unique and D09c has more gears but both are not my FH rubbers anymore. Both are not necessarily slow rubbers but to me they somehow reduces power output. Would like something more bouncy and shooting-out for FH like Rakza XX or T05. H3 does not fit this description but works so well in a magical way...
I only played a little with D09C and like to remember it’s faster and spinner. No I switched from T05 because it’s like walking on a razors edge in the short game. D09C is too expensive. I am not sensitive to throw angles I can get used to almost anything, but I do need to tell safe in the short game. I will try to speed up H3 and also some of its faster siblings eventually.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
that is one of the disadvantages of a very high throw rubber. If you counter spin you have to close the bat angle alot and that makes it easier to hit the edge of your blade at times. That is one thing i disliked about the Rakza Z.

At times i had to basically hit it above shoulder level if the topspin with strong and high. I basically build a ceiling for the upbouncing ball while counter looping. that always felt odd.
Actually this is a common misconception, when you have a high throw rubber, to counterspin, you open the paddle a bit and hit through the ball more from open to closed. just not as powerfully. It is the misconception that you need to close the paddle more and more that actually makes the errors inevitable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Good luck, let me know how it goes. I just gave up because I don't have time to train, I figured it was easier to go to something that arched less.

says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
Nov 2022
Hey guys, anyone glued a regular RZ (2.0mm) to a limba-limba-ayous 5-ply allwood blade like the Xiom Offensive S? Wondering how it plays and how long it lasts.

My Rozena forehand feels like it's lost a bunch of grip lately, maybe 30-40%. Been using it for about 2 months, playing 3-5 days a week for 2-3 hours each time (half drilling, half games). Is this normal wear and tear for Rozena? Looking for a more durable alternative that plays similarly, and the regular RZ 2.0mm is my top pick right now. Love Rozena, but replacing it too often hurts the wallet! LOL

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Actually this is a common misconception, when you have a high throw rubber, to counterspin, you open the paddle a bit and hit through the ball more from open to closed. just not as powerfully. It is the misconception that you need to close the paddle more and more that actually makes the errors inevitable.
I have switched to K3 on the forehand in the meanwhile, but still took your advice to hit through the incoming topspin ball. This leads to an issue though: the old technique with a very closed bat would lead me to "outspinning" the opponent so that his shot or block would go wide. Now with the hitting through the incoming ball the resulting ball is very easy to block for my opponents if I don't place it well. It seems like this technique produces the exact ratio of spin and power that people are used to block by default, so they can easily block it, if they are positioned well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
The Rakza Z was also not suitable for me on the forehand due to the high release angle and the speed limit on strong shots. In addition, it is very soft for the forehand.
Also, the RZ was not suitable for the backhand due to the lack of speed compared to the rubbers I was used to - Vega Pro, Rakza 7, Fastark G1, Gold Arc 8, Rasanter...
At the same time, Rakza Z has many advantages - excellent rotation, durability and a lot of control.
I think extra hard was aimed at players like me and I should try it.

Reactions: Kopp
Since I made the first post I have a hard boosted H3 prov OS 39 on a blade. It’s boosted with 3 fairly fat layers of seamon (the standard one). That worked great. It’s faster and with more spin. I still get easier access to power with the Rakza Z but I shot long a lot and the H3 just feels fantastic now. The grip is so good it’s almost impossible to miss the table from position 2 when I hit hard, but I’m starting to get a shoulder ache 😫. I can’t hit so hard all the time 🤬
I think I will go H3 for the rest of the season anyway and maybe experiment a little more during summer.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Choosikick