Yasaka Rakza Z or Tibhar hybrid MK

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Rakza 7 or Rakza Z. These are two very differently types of rubber.

In the end Rakza Z will have more elasticity and spin than the hybrid Mk which is more an easy to play rubber in the comfort zone (47.5°) of many people, whole Rakza Z is harder (50°)
So you would say that hybrid MK is more forgiving than Rakza Z?

I am happy with either H3 neo or Sanwei National Target on my forehand. I tried K1 and K2 (before TT11 discontinued K2 from its website). I like them but still went back to H3 neo and now Sanwei National Target. I am itchy to try K3 and Rakza Z (I have no interest in hybrid MK right now) but my financially responsible side of me is telling me not to do it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
So you would say that hybrid MK is more forgiving than Rakza Z?

I am happy with either H3 neo or Sanwei National Target on my forehand. I tried K1 and K2 (before TT11 discontinued K2 from its website). I like them but still went back to H3 neo and now Sanwei National Target. I am itchy to try K3 and Rakza Z (I have no interest in hybrid MK right now) but my financially responsible side of me is telling me not to do it.

What hardness of H3 are you using? I didn't try STN yet, but from what I gathered, I'd expect it to be H40-H41, whereas Rakza Z would be H38. So if you go Rakza Z, I think RZ EH could be better for the FH.

Reactions: JJ Ng
Rakza 7 or Rakza Z. These are two very differently types of rubber.

In the end Rakza Z will have more elasticity and spin than the hybrid Mk which is more an easy to play rubber in the comfort zone (47.5°) of many people, whole Rakza Z is harder (50°)
OK, thanks
I got one sheet of each and two rackets, One aggressive and one a little lamer. Both are soon due for a change and one I will try one on each racket.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
What hardness of H3 are you using? I didn't try STN yet, but from what I gathered, I'd expect it to be H40-H41, whereas Rakza Z would be H38. So if you go Rakza Z, I think RZ EH could be better for the FH.
H3 neo is 39 degree commercial orange sponge. You should try STN. I like it. I will consider Razka Z extra hard some time later this year. I am now putting STN on Tibhar Stratus Power wood. After I am used to it, I will put STN on a Tibhar Fortino Performance.

I put STN on Acoustic carbon last night and tried it at the club today. Yeah, composite carbon blades are not for me. I have tried cheap ones (DHS Bo and Donic Waldner Sensor carbon) and expensive ones (Viscaria and Acoustic carbon). I don't like it.

Going back to wood again for a little while before upgrading to inner core soft carbon later this year. I think my search is pretty much over by now.

Reactions: latej
says I buy too much equipment
says I buy too much equipment
Jul 2019
To me both MK and K3 are not really hybrids. Just very grippy ESN rubbers. Still they have a different kind of topsheet that has a very small amount of stickiness, enough to keep a protective sheet on it at least (no where near enough to pick up a ball). These rubbers do have better control in the short game but I'm not sure if it's the sponge or the topsheet that causes this. For me they actually feel like they have better grip than most hybrids.

To me both MK and K3 are not really hybrids. Just very grippy ESN rubbers. Still they have a different kind of topsheet that has a very small amount of stickiness, enough to keep a protective sheet on it at least (no where near enough to pick up a ball). These rubbers do have better control in the short game but I'm not sure if it's the sponge or the topsheet that causes this. For me they actually feel like they have better grip than most hybrids.
I interpreted “a hybrid” a little catapult and a little stickiness…

Cheers
L-zr

Mk hybrid is just marketing name after the success of the hybrid k3, it’s not sticky at all, it can’t lift up the ball and it doesn’t come with the protective adesive sheet on it when new. It’s fast, It’s like an mxp evolution but more grippy, an interesting 48 degree esn rubber

Reactions: vvk1
Mk hybrid is just marketing name after the success of the hybrid k3, it’s not sticky at all, it can’t lift up the ball and it doesn’t come with the protective adesive sheet on it when new. It’s fast, It’s like an mxp evolution but more grippy, an interesting 48 degree esn rubber
Hmm, tabletennis11 says something else so I not sure I believe You. We’ll see…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Interesting. I have tried K1 and K2. They are about 70% as grippy as my other rubbers, H3 neo and Sanwei Target National. So I rather enjoyed playing with K1 and K2 but I have always gone back to using chiniese rubbers. I am always curious about K3. Now that you have said it, I will probably pass.

I also agree with the other poster that TT11 describes it otherwise.

So who is right and who is wrong? I am suppressing the EJ inside of me and will not buy more rubbers or blades.

Today I played in the club with H3 neo skyline on the forehand (boosted with three layers) and Rakza X 2.0mm in the backhand on a cheap carbon blade (Donic Waldner Senso Carbon). Yeah it played ok.

Tomorrow, I will be going back to my wood blade with STN in the front and G-1 on the back. I have appeased my inner EJ enough that I should now focus on my game instead of fooling around with various combinations of rubbers and blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
In my experience with Rakza Z, yeah it's not that powerfull even with the max thickness, but it's sticky for sure, not as sticky as an H3 Neo or a Friendship BII blue sponge, but as sticky as a Butterfly D09C. The most tacky/sticky hybrid rubber I've used was the Victas TDE, the con was it's not durable enough for the price you have to pay for it.

Now it's different with the Rakza Z EH, in the max version this is a true beast...

Now Tibhar has made clear the MK was a gentle hybrid, something like the Glayzer 09C, it's like putting a sticky rubber on a porous 48° ESN sponge, and as a matter of fact yes... it will seems a bit slow for some people used to "regular" hybrids. To me it sounds like a Rakza Z for instance, the EH version being in the 50+ ° standards.

In my experience with Rakza Z, yeah it's not that powerfull even with the max thickness, but it's sticky for sure, not as sticky as an H3 Neo or a Friendship BII blue sponge, but as sticky as a Butterfly D09C. The most tacky/sticky hybrid rubber I've used was the Victas TDE, the con was it's not durable enough for the price you have to pay for it.

Now it's different with the Rakza Z EH, in the max version this is a true beast...

Now Tibhar has made clear the MK was a gentle hybrid, something like the Glayzer 09C, it's like putting a sticky rubber on a porous 48° ESN sponge, and as a matter of fact yes... it will seems a bit slow for some people used to "regular" hybrids. To me it sounds like a Rakza Z for instance, the EH version being in the 50+ ° standards.

Glayzer09c is actually sticky, it has the adhesive sheet and can lift up the ball, it’s 2 degrees less hard than dignics 09c so g09c is at least 50-51º in esn scale

Reactions: FrenchFrog33