Cybershape Carbon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
I’m starting to test the CSC CWT, and I’m yet to try it with my usual hybrid rubbers (round shape doesn’t help those experiments), I got the blade with 2 Victas V20DE which I don’t know much about but they feel really bouncy (Victas say 52° hardness but they just feel like tenergy 05 to me, which I hate 🤷🏻), maybe it’s because of the blade too.

With this setup and only 1 and a half training session, it feels odd, sometimes I like the click and feel, other times just feels to bouncy either on top spin or block, I’m overshooting the table allot.

When I try to make a faster topspin it speed seems kind of slow (compared to it’s standard one, similar to an innerforce type blade like this is) if I brush too much… as many say it’s a blade better for smash or a flatter attacks, not the way I’m used to play.

Gotta test it some more, with rubbers im used to and I still have hope that I’ll be able to like it, but for now I would say it’s not feeling special. Got a similar feel, just a bit harder/faster than a DHS 301, and so, not worth the price for now, apart from the shape and the cwt system gimmick.

Would like to hear more opinions from people that play with it still.

PS: Almost forgot, that handle tough (I have the straight)… it’s the most beautiful, perfect feel in the hand I’ve ever had from a blade, and so well finished too.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
Thats my experience too with the Cybershape Carbon. Does not really pair well with hybrid rubbers (and I tested many).

But since the blade also is very fast, I stopped my testing and put into the "keep for historic reasons" shelf...
Haha funny one “historic reasons”.

Too expensive for that no?!? 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
Fresh news and I change of heart!!!

One more testing session with an old K3 instead of the V20DE and now it feels like a usable blade! More than that actually… so much that I ordered a pair of my usual rubber to glue on it.

This way the blocks and flat hits are good, so much better, the top spin feels crisp just like most blades that use koto but not so easy (feel wise) as limba blades to attack the very spiny balls or to lift underspin.
Less dwell time feeling (better to block and worst to spin tougher balls as I said before).

Almost no vibration, but feeling very good still, and most of the time plays like a innerforce, crisper, with bigger sweet spot (this is the only change I notice from its shape, the rest is bullocks).

The Victas V20DE I tested one in my previous blade, Shang Kun AC (innerforce style) and it’s a very fast runner with allot of catapult, and since I don’t like that, I found it was the main reason I had a bad first experience with the blade. They will be good for anyone that like tenergy 05 I think.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Thats my experience too with the Cybershape Carbon. Does not really pair well with hybrid rubbers (and I tested many).

But since the blade also is very fast, I stopped my testing and put into the "keep for historic reasons" shelf...
I know many people who use it fine with many hybrid rubbers, and I have only used hybrid rubbers on it.

People should stop pretending that every blade/setup should be for you, your experience is only your experience and for people like you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Don't you guys feel the neck for the fl handle is narrow and small? I had the cybershape carbon, and the cybershape clipper fl. The necks of both fl blades are so narrow and you don't know how to comfortably put your fingers on the blades.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
I know many people who use it fine with many hybrid rubbers, and I have only used hybrid rubbers on it.

People should stop pretending that every blade/setup should be for you, your experience is only your experience and for people like you.
I think it’s always good to read more opinions and then you can filter according to your experience and taste.

That’s why it’s good if you also say your equipment background and likings.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
Don't you guys feel the neck for the fl handle is narrow and small? I had the cybershape carbon, and the cybershape clipper fl. The necks of both fl blades are so narrow and you don't know how to comfortable put your fingers on the blades.
Mine is ST but I got that feeling too. Not a problem yet, gotta test it much more tough, even in competition.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Don't you guys feel the neck for the fl handle is narrow and small? I had the cybershape carbon, and the cybershape clipper fl. The necks of both fl blades are so narrow and you don't know how to comfortable put your fingers on the blades.
For me, that is an advantage, since I like to grip deep on the neck. Again, everyone is different. Sometimes I also like to use Karakasevic/Trus grip. So for me, none of it is special, as long as handle is not too fat and neck works, I like anything.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
A lot of rumors that Cybershape carbon does not pair well with hurricane. One of my friends uses Hurricane on both sides, and he plays quite well. And he is basically a two wing looper, rarely smashes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I think it’s always good to read more opinions and then you can filter according to your experience and taste.

That’s why it’s good if you also say your equipment background and likings.
This is true, but saying that the blade doesn't work with hybrid rubbers is not speaking for you, it is speaking for everyone. In the end, everything needs to be framed in the context of one's experience. I have only used it with tacky or hybrid rubbers and I have had no complaints.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
For me, that is an advantage, since I like to grip deep on the neck. Again, everyone is different. Sometimes I also like to use Karakasevic/Trus grip. So for me, none of it is special, as long as handle is not too fat and neck works, I like anything.
The fl cybershape carbon is not that bad. FL cybershape clipper really does not feel good to hold. Maybe because clipper is thicker? Thicker and narrower neck? just not for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
A lot of rumors that Cybershape carbon does not pair well with hurricane. One of my friends uses Hurricane on both sides, and he plays quite well. And he is basically a two wing looper, rarely smashes.
So there is Korean JPenner I know who uses it with hurricane. I use it two winged looping H3 both sides, 41 degrees. I know a chopper who uses it with Dignics 09c. I know someone who didn't like 09c on it but liked 05. In all these things, my opinion is that you like what you like. Sometimes, people want to like something immediately rather than give themselves time to adapt. But it is okay not to like something. But it is different to say something is not good because I didn't like it. There is a science of sorts to setups, you can predict reasonably well whether a person will play well with a setup or not. But it doesn't make sense to just assume that because something didn't work for *you*, it is bad. People smash my topspins with setups I have no clue how to play with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
I’m playing with, Shang Kun AC (innerforce, limba and inner alc), Tibhar Nuytinck ZC (limba and outer zlc) and now cybershape carbon (koto and inner carbon). And I can clearly say that all of them are very good and I could play with any of them with enough training with similar quality, if paired with those rubbers. All of them are very different in this or that but still easy to adapt in a couple of weeks.

I’m starting to think that rubbers make more difference than blades. As long as I like the rubbers, everything feels more manageable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I’m playing with, Shang Kun AC (innerforce, limba and inner alc), Tibhar Nuytinck ZC (limba and outer zlc) and now cybershape carbon (koto and inner carbon). And I can clearly say that all of them are very good and I could play with any of them with enough training with similar quality, if paired with those rubbers. All of them are very different in this or that but still easy to adapt in a couple of weeks.

I’m starting to think that rubbers make more difference than blades. As long as I like the rubbers, everything feels more manageable.
Rubbers and blades pair matter as well. But it is personal preference most of the time.

Reactions: Luigiii
says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
@NextLevel. What else did I write?

In my experience it does not pair well with hybrids. Totally subjective and since someone else made the same experience is good to know. It was never intended to say that nobody should even try it.
Too bad this didn‘t came across. I may need to improve my English 🤪

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
@NextLevel. What else did I write?

In my experience it does not pair well with hybrids. Totally subjective and since someone else made the same experience is good to know. It was never intended to say that nobody should even try it.
Too bad this didn‘t came across. I may need to improve my English 🤪
I didn’t like it the first time, with the Victas V20 bouncy rubbers, with the hybrid K3 a couple days later I loved it.