The fall of FZD ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Do you think Fan Zhendong era is over or he is just little tired and he gonna shine again ?
he does need resting time...i think rest will help
I can see so many players are overloaded and they all have the same problem - one tournament good, the next bad

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I hope he did not get any punishments from the National team just because of this which affected his mentality
didn't hear anything
so many things are not the same
10 years ago, FZD would be withdrawn from the world cup for example.
all those losses against overseas player would also result in punishment.

I'm not sure if CNT can afford punishments now, since the depth is so brittle

and after the "losses", FZD can still continue posting "smiley" faces on social medial.
I know there were many that got punished just by being too "outgoing" after a loss, yet alone sharing "holiday" style photos/videos after a loss.
things has changed in CNT

Reactions: kindof99 and longle
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
He had a crisis in 2019. He talked about it quite a bit.
I did not know that, thanks. I wonder how he is looked after, by his friends, family and also the whole Chines TT-circus and its support systems.
I am thinking about the support system that the top Tennis players drag around to their tournaments. They always bring their own coach, doctor, physiotherapist, cook and of course a sport psychologist. Has he got any of that ???

On close up videos of him I also noticed his hands trembling.
Too much Adrenalin going through his system ????
Maybe he just needs some regular good cuddles from Taylor swift 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I did not know that, thanks. I wonder how he is looked after, by his friends, family and also the whole Chines TT-circus and its support systems.
I am thinking about the support system that the top Tennis players drag around to their tournaments. They always bring their own coach, doctor, physiotherapist, cook and of course a sport psychologist. Has he got any of that ???

On close up videos of him I also noticed his hands trembling.
Too much Adrenalin going through his system ????
Maybe he just needs some regular good cuddles from Taylor swift 😁
He has always been a nervous guy of sorts but has always performed well despite the pressure. Definitely better than the others, Lin and Liang visibly tremble even more. The other point worth noting is that they kept Ma Long from coming to Houston so that Fan could eon his first WTTC. He was the favorite on paper for the Tokyo Olympics but his performance in the final showed that showed that he just couldn't get over the ML issues when push came to shove.

This user has no status.
I hope he did not get any punishments from the National team just because of this which affected his mentality
If they did that they would have no one to play lol, all of the CNT players had some losses to foreign associations...

• Haha
Reactions: longle
says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Will fzd be picked for Olympics singles at all?
Wcq killing everything since months, ma long killing wcq 4-0 and being the two time Olympic champion… fzd on the other hand being beaten a lot in the recent past…

If I was to choose, I’d go with ma long and wcq

This user has no status.
Will fzd be picked for Olympics singles at all?
Wcq killing everything since months, ma long killing wcq 4-0 and being the two time Olympic champion… fzd on the other hand being beaten a lot in the recent past…

If I was to choose, I’d go with ma long and wcq
FZD is the 2x reigning WTTC champion and 4x World Cup winner - he will for sure go. WCQ's place is a lot shakier considering that he has 0 major championships under his belt. As seen in today's match between Ma Long and WCQ - big tournaments are different, because players often come in prepared with big surprise weapons that they don't use in normal tournaments. Ma Long used to win against Wang Hao all the time in small tournaments but always lost in the big tournaments. Same with FZD destroying Ma Long in smaller tournaments, but when it came to what mattered the most (WTTC, Olympics), Ma Long always had the upper hand.

This user has no status.
This is why this Olympic system of only having 2 singles players from each association is stupid af. Only in TT you have multiple top 10 players not allowed to participate in the Olympics simply due to association limits. Just let 5 players go FFS!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
This is why this Olympic system of only having 2 singles players from each association is stupid af. Only in TT you have multiple top 10 players not allowed to participate in the Olympics simply due to association limits. Just let 5 players go FFS!
TT is in crisis and is funded in many countries by governments that will only pay for athletes with a serious chance of winning medals. Spreading around the medals to more athletes keeps more countries interested in investing in the sport.