Vega Europe versus Omega 7 Europe

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Whatever the performance differences may be, and O7E definitely has higher performance potential than VE, just be aware that O7E feels quite a lot harder than VE. You may like the feel of one and not the other, or you might like the feel of both equally, in which case O7E offers more than VE if you have the technique to make the most of it.

Reactions: kindof99
Interesting regarding the shrink, never had it shrink before.
Yeah Omega 7 rubbers are popular here, but the shrinking is their biggest con.
Maybe it's because of the climate? idk...

It's only a problem if you have to re-paste it though... otherwise it's got good durability.

@JJ Ng ,

I tried Vega Europe because of how much you praise it. It is working nicely for me.

Is Omega 7 Euro a nice step-up to it or does it play completely different?

Is the USD 12.50 extra worth the step-up?
I personally have a sheet of Xiom Omega VII Euro Red 2.0 for US$36.49 from Dandoy when they had it on sales (and it is still on sales at that price; I just checked Dandoy website). I have not gotten a chance to try that yet. I am just busy wearing down the various ESN rubber I have on my backhand side on various blades so I don't waste money (C-1, Barracuda, Acuda S2, Aurus, EL-P, FX-D, etc. etc.).

Yes I have heard that Omega VII Euro is considerably harder than Vega Europe.

The Vega series really are well priced and you can perform almost all strokes just fine by sticking to the Vega series so my suggestion is not to switch. Enjoy what you have!!! You have switched a lot recently. And I am glad you have tried something outside of Butterfly since these products are generally cheaper than Butterfly products (with the exception of Rozena which I think is very very well priced for its performance potential). If you have found something you like, it is time to keep it the same and work on your skills so you can unlock the potential of the rubber! Have fun! :) :)

This user has no status.
I player VE on a 5 ply all wood (YSE), I tested O7E on a 7 ply all wood (BLY Power 7). Feeling was amazing. I think the BP7 blade was doing a nice job, but I'm confident O7E was playing a decent role in that job. O7E is a natural overall upgrade for VE especially because it's not increasing sponge hardness. I cannot quantify this upgrade because BP7 is a good upgrade of YSE as well (7 ply vs 5 ply, very similar construction with same inner wood plus a much harder outter wood - Koto vs Anigre). Let's put this way, if you believe VE feels lackluster in something the O7E will give you a little bit more in that something. Price-wise a VE at 26-28€ is a lot of value for money these days that is likely unbeatable. One of the pros is that using O7E comes easy if you're used to VE because they react similarly (very controlled and consistent, medium-soft with good dwell time). I read Vega Korea might be an upgrade of VE, I'd be curious to know how VK compares with O7E.