Search results

  1. How far can the French team go?

    It's really a combination of a lot of factors. But the foundation is simply that Table Tennis is a massive sport in France. There are 3114 clubs of which 41 have professional teams.
  2. Table Tennis in ch/de/at "dead?"

    In a 1h radius from where I live, a sub-average (population wise) rural department in France, but with good access. We have on a yearly bases 14 team matches (15 if you count play-offs) 4 individual competition days and a 5th if you qualify for the finals 1 departmental competition based on...
  3. Table Tennis in ch/de/at "dead?"

    France has what you're looking for, quite sure Germany does too.
  4. Sabine Winter switches to antispin

    I think sabine has more than succeeded. Her intention was to prolong her career because she could not be competitive with the inverted backhand anymore. And now instead of prolonging she’s actually managed to get to career best in what was supposed to be the “Winter” (autumn) of her career.
  5. Does anybody else mentally fall apart against pure pushers or weird styles?

    If he’s old and not very mobile then you could always go for the tactic “long slow with arc”. It’ll force him to either move or to take risks
  6. Why amateur players should avoid fast gear and where power really comes from in table tennis.

    Good read this topic. Thanks! I, like many others, have been on this route with fast equipment a little too soon. What I noticed was that when playing people that create little to no spin like children and your average beginner (also anti and pimples) it is very easy for them to make you lose...
  7. Should strokes always be paired when training them?

    If you are in Sweden you should be able to find a proper club. First of all, if you play with purpose you will progress. So that’s good! About pairing shots, it’s a very basic tactic that’s used all over. If I were you I’d just ask my club mates to do some basic schemes before every match.
  8. Do you practice pushing?

    Great! Going to try this soon.
  9. Trouble with serves to the middle

    You basically need to do a side step and commit to either FH or BH. I’d say if it’s classic pendulum you should play BH and if it’s reverse pendulum (or scoop, tomahawk or BH serve) it’s probably easier to go for a FH. Also check the latest video of PechPong it’s 10 minutes on serve receive...
  10. Changing my forehand rubber

    Wow I don’t know man but your setup is super fast like it is… If you want faster take Zyre03
  11. Offtopic - Music gear

    Ah yes I’m still quite happy with my Sandberg VM 2007 4-string bass. Probably one of two pastime activities I do better than table tennis
  12. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    Fatigue might stop him though… 7 sets high intensity for Harimoto, nothing for Truls
  13. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    Choking and then coming back from that in a match is a quality on its own!
  14. What's pro players use on their wrist

    A health professional is the only person who can assess your health problems. These wristbands are probably indeed to provide some support. There is a big difference between them and us though.. they play for their livelihood and they play a lot. They also have physiotherapist etc.
  15. Rating progress evaluation

    Not being able to keep up with youngsters that train more and better than you is totally normal. You’d need individual training to get somewhat close to their progression
  16. Serve and serve return recovery

    Your points 1, 2, 4, and 5 are good. A good technique to get to your neutral position is a little jump with both feet. You should almost never be just waiting passively
  17. What serve should I use?

    For me the best serves are the ones where I can most easily anticipate the receive, or where I know what my plan is. Add to that a little uncertainty about placement and some slight deception in spin. Which one ? Don’t really care actually. As long as I can do all spin variations and all...
  18. TTD Team Spin Challenge With WORLD CHAMPION!

    You had me laughing out loud at 6.30 this morning just before my league match.. best performance of my career since I restarted. Annette deserved herself a new fan.
  19. What’s Better: Playing Hard or Playing Smart?

    Sometimes it’s definitely smart to play hard
Top