Search results

  1. Is it unfair to say “yes”/“cho” when the opponent makes an error?

    In a tense moment à little “cho” or “yes” is just pressure released. Nothing to worry about. Also I often say to myself (softly) something like, pfew he missed. If my opponent misses an absolute sitter. Also when I do btw
  2. Other ways to cheat

    Shout ball really loud at basically every instant
  3. Anders Lind accusing ITTF

    What a weird set-up for a competition. Is there any sports related reason as to why they do it like this? Or is this really just to assure the stronger teams reach the knockout for entertainment?
  4. Drill recommendations to improve footwork for FH loops on FH side

    This is a great exercise. And if too hard at first you do 66% or 50%
  5. Rebound Board

    I did this as well turn around the board, I would get the low floaty awkward ball back
  6. Setup Advice: Hard to Control in Matches

    Then it's probably not nervessnous related. I'd say it's a mismatch in your level and the speed of your equipement. You now need to decide what is important for you. Win games immediately Overcome the technical challenge of your equipment > Because there's no reason you won't be able to...
  7. Setup Advice: Hard to Control in Matches

    As I understand, the Nitakku Acoustic was considered quite a fast blade and the G1 was as well. However nowadays rubbers and rackets have become stiffer, harder and faster. You just need to make sure you are comfortable with your equipment. If you play at a club, try asking around Also what...
  8. We Challenged Table Tennis Powerhouse Dimitrij Ovtcharov!

    his serves are probably this good because of training hehe. Placement Speed Spin Deception And then the pressure of having to return with quality since he kills every loose ball with such precision. And also most people are not so much used to tomahawk serves. I also saw the Dane put...
  9. The two greatest innovations to improve sport games to the better.

    Isn’t there a minimum period between gluing and playing an official match taken up in the rules?
  10. China Smash 2025

    Felix was clearly not in great mental shape during the final. He couldn’t even cheer himself on, he wasn’t even frustrated with himself. There was basically no fight left in him until the 4th set but that was too little too late. I think he was mentally drained from his semifinal and the fact...
  11. China Smash 2025

    I found WCQ very bleak and uninspired against XP. No pivots, no energy… he needs to bring a better energy for the final otherwise Felix will take it home
  12. Wang Chuqin Finally Called For Hidden Service

    Yes the 1st empire would not have been able to see from his position
  13. Ovtcharov InnerForce ALC or Harimoto InnerForce ALC?

    From what I understand, the Ovtcharov is a very powerful blade very unforgiving made to fit strong backhand from mid-distance. Harimoto is for close to table fast play, more controlled. Both are definitely advanced blades.
  14. Two questions bordering the ethical approach to competitive table tennis

    That's for sure not official competition though.
  15. Steve Dainton: "We want our athletes to earn what they deserve, but..."

    I think there's somthing to win in the recap videos. Now it's just some points with commentary cut halfway a sentence. They could make a broadcast with the biggest tournaments like they do for premier league Match Of The Day. Match analysis, interviews, statistics, pronostics etc.
  16. Two questions bordering the ethical approach to competitive table tennis

    How ? In no other sport this would even be a discussion. There's no 8 year olds playing football with adults for example. And also we are talking about a commpetition where people are capable of serving ghost serves consisently.
  17. Two questions bordering the ethical approach to competitive table tennis

    Well I see what you mean, but for me the person being unethical is the parent of the child. If he or she cannot play the game yet they shouldn’t compete
  18. Two questions bordering the ethical approach to competitive table tennis

    Isn’t the serve supposed to set you up to win the point ? I really don’t understand the argument, if someone doesn’t know how to return underspin from the FH then I’ll serve underspin there. Same with sidespin, same with short… If you don’t want this, then maybe don’t have children under...
  19. Two questions bordering the ethical approach to competitive table tennis

    Just a question, is it really possible to play in the lowest leagues and be able to perform a consistent and low ghost serve? Most people in these leagues don’t even know how to return à side top or side under (they either push everything or drive everything). Should you not exploit that?
Top