Search results

  1. Table Tennis Dilemma: Strengthening Backhand or Changing Playstyle? [I chose strengthening]

    So destiny is playing tours on me, a new trainer arrived at our club yesterday and he actually had us do the excercise proposed in the video shared by @z0uLess. While this does not yet treat the lowspin ball issues I'm facing, he had me keep my racket much higher than I'm used to. Result, less...
  2. Best forehand

    From since I follow pro tabletennis, so that's about 4 years now, I'd say Ma Long has the strongest FH. He has it all, consistency, power, spin and placement. Before that I don't know.
  3. Best forehand

    In today’s field I’d say best FH loop is Wang Chuqin from pivot position.
  4. Table Tennis Dilemma: Strengthening Backhand or Changing Playstyle? [I chose strengthening]

    I think you are correct and the main issue is indeed footwork, I'll start to adress it with including it in my warm-up routine and work from there. When you say multi-ball, so for serve this would be to just have somebody serve long at me for an extended period of time ?
  5. Table Tennis Dilemma: Strengthening Backhand or Changing Playstyle? [I chose strengthening]

    I do this currently whenever I'm faced to this issue. It is just not my natural position and it hurts my forehand receive. Specifically half long serves.
  6. Table Tennis Dilemma: Strengthening Backhand or Changing Playstyle? [I chose strengthening]

    Amazing! I did not know this channel. I’m also quite sure I don’t do this “shuffle” between FH ready and BH shot quite explosive enough if I even do it at all. Positive is that the exercise he proposes is really easy to program on a robot. I’ll be sure to incorporate it in my warmup for a few...
  7. Table Tennis Dilemma: Strengthening Backhand or Changing Playstyle? [I chose strengthening]

    Update ! So I have done the grind, well in progress actually. I have succeeded to learn/relearn backhand topspin not at the same level as my forehand but strong enough to have something from which I can work. I have also identified 2 major weaknesses in my backhand game. long serves...
  8. Overlooked match skills that hold you back

    Your post made me think about this training routine great channel for those who don’t know it.
  9. Overlooked match skills that hold you back

    Yes and once you get the plan after serving right you can move on to receive plans. PechPong has an amazingly detailed YouTube episode on it. I’m far from being good enough to benefit from that but it’s wildly interesting.
  10. Overlooked match skills that hold you back

    I’d say, having a plan and executing it for each point.
  11. Tibhar Evolution low throw angle?

    I think throw-angle is by no means a stand-alone property of a rubber-sponge combo. - Technical ability - Racket - Ball speed maybe - Humidity maybe
  12. My EJ journey hasn't gotten me anywhere until I returned home

    There’s a few things to consider. Every match you play every training you do adds up. It’s not wasted time. Also it’s fun! For me personally equipment doesn’t change much in who I can beat in a match, just changes the amount of effort I put in. Side note I’m used to changing my rackets and...
  13. Table tennis Tactics for Thinkers!

    I like this analogy. Like in the way that my brain is convinced that pros have more time to do their shots than I at my local league level while obviously their game is much faster and therefore they have less time.
  14. Best rubbers (only ESN/Japanese) for spinny serves

    Harder rubbers offer more spin potential, that’s why the pro’s play 55 degrees. You would need to be more precise with your timing and acceleration the harder the rubber. So depending on your level you could increase hardness of the rubber.
  15. Two questions bordering the ethical approach to competitive table tennis

    1. In my opinion for low level amateur games, the ball should be tossed (more or less vertically) and be visible at contact. However, In local leagues that I know of, a serve is almost always considered legal regardless. 2. No problem, if you can do short ghostserves consistently, you're not...
  16. Best rubbers (only ESN/Japanese) for spinny serves

    Best rubbers for spin creation are either grippy rubbers . Think fastarc G1, rakza X, Thibar el-P. ( or softer versions of those). Or alternatively hybrid rubbers. Rakza Z, PK50, thibar K3. It is however more a matter of technique than a question of rubber.
  17. Finally grasped the essence of table tennis biomechanical principle Chinese style! (Chain reaction of power from the ground) (UPDATED AGAIN)

    Don’t forget that there’s no recovery to the forehand or even the middle from a 45* pivot so I’d say it’s risky.
  18. Big Update for PONGBOT Users: Creation Hub, Training Integration & Rewards!

    Same here :( just when I said to myself ok now do 3000 balls. I guess we'll never know now.
  19. How to practice placement?

    Placement is a skill.. it needs practicing. You realising it was placement making you lose the game is a big step in the right direction.
Top