Search results

  1. Which thickness of rubber would be a good fit for a beginner?

    My 17-year-old daughter is keen to learn table tennis, so I'm thinking to start off with a slight cheaply beginner setup. I'm considering using Vega Intro on a blade for beginners (have not decided yet) that is between flex and stiff in terms of elasticity. The question is, which thickness...
  2. KTS Coach shows how to NOT be tight on FH Topspin

    Great video! Thanks for sharing.
  3. high or low throw angle?

    A layman like me thinks that a high throw angle means that the racket setup is used by players who have less strength and technique than players with good technique and strength. IMHO, a low throw racket setup requires a fast and strong stroke/brush to pass the ball over the net. The reward is...
  4. Tried nittaku fine zip for the first time today

    If you were using WBG, re-glue isn't needed. You can play until your rubber is dead, it won't peel off unless you did it wrong.
  5. Butterfly Falcima for noobies

    According to the blade matrix chart, Falcima is faster than Korbel and Primorac. In fact, it's much faster than other all-wood blades and some carbon blades. I assumed that this blade was not for beginners, but for intermediate and above. This blade is something I want. I wonder how it feels to...
  6. Butterfly Falcima for noobies

    How is it handled with Rozena? Are they on either side?
  7. Balsa Fibretec 75

    I hardly see many reviews about this blade anywhere. Would someone who's used it like to give some feedback? I feel like I want to try it.
  8. Why is Stratus Powerwood wider at the bottom?

    That makes sense.
  9. Why is Stratus Powerwood wider at the bottom?

    I'm a fan of an all-wood blade. I'm considering buying Tibhar Stratus Powerwood, but I'm curious as to why it was designed in such a way. Why is the blade wider at the bottom? The breadth of the wood and rubbers are more than standard blades. What is the purpose of the additional space? Doesn't...
  10. Best rubbers for Tibhar stratus power wood

    Generally, you could use a medium-hard rubber for the FH and a medium-soft one for the BH. It should also work if you use the same type of rubber on both sides. To answer your question, you can try Fastarc series e.g. G–1, C–1 and the like. It fits your description, IMHO.
  11. Top 10 Best Backhand Rubbers of All Time

    Absolutely!
  12. Red and Black are different?

    This is a good point! I have astigmatism, under bright light, it's much more comfortable for me to see black rubber on my blade than red. This is why I prefer the black on my BH. PS. Even when driving or looping with your FH, you see the BH side of the blade when it contacts with the ball.
  13. Red and Black are different?

    I apologize for the typing error. What I meant was ‘.. black rubber on their FH and red on their BH.’
  14. Red and Black are different?

    Is that so? My bad, I didn't know that ESN rubbers are different from others. Thanks for the information, it's very helpful.
  15. Red and Black are different?

    I read some posts said that the red and black rubbers aren't identical due to the colour pigment used in the manufacturing process. In this post, the writer says that black rubber is softer and stickier than red. The tackiness lasts longer. The red rubber, however, is harder. The top sheet...
  16. Nittaku FastArc G-1 Max. on both sides

    Good to know. How does it do when you do a banana flick?
  17. Developing adult player - advice and TB ALC with Tenergy 05?

    Your coach was right. You should go for it. Also, ask him what rubbers to use.
  18. Top 10 Best Backhand Rubbers of All Time

    I read an article on PingSunday about the subject. He recommended a bouncy, offensive and fast rubber with a hardness of around 41 to 50 or medium-hard. The thickness is between 2.0 to 2.2 mm. The hardness is generally 2 points lower than the FH. He suggested a list: Tenergy 05 Dignics 05...
Top