You really should reach out to him and talk to him and broker something if you want him back that badly. That you keep on talking as if you want him back but sound absolutely like you have no information on what he is doing or how he thinks to me would be a problem, but we are different people.
JackJohnson said:
Fair enough. I’m not sure what you said in the email to him at the time but if there was no sincere apology in the email that might be why he did not reply.
No, I have not, and after reading the posts here, I am far less likely to do so than I would have been before this thread. I emailed and reach out to Tony back then and got no responses. And no one has given me any indication that he has any interest in listening to anything I have to say even though I have communicated to people who have reached out to me directly especially on PMs that I have no problem doing just about anything. I am fairly surprised that with all the fans he has on TTD that want him back, there is no idea from anyone of whether he could come back and under what conditions. And if his fans cannot figure out what it would take and at least backchannel to me what my role in that could be, then I doubt I am the man to do it.
Jack Nextlevel is just stringing you along. He obviously is not interested in building bridges. He apologised to a new member on a trivial matter, Hoping, the absence of apology for Tony might be overlooked.
The fact is that Tony is still a member here. The problem is that he won't comeback until Nextlevel expresses some regret and gives some hope that, in the future his posts won't be messed with without prior warning. For a prolific poster like Tony, it's very frustrating for him to have items which he has spent substantial time on to create for our members.
Nextlevel is a prolific poster and a dedicated dealer with the spam problem and other simple tasks that moderators do:
Is he an ideal moderator?
No, because he has shown himself to be someone without the integrity to deal with issues of communication and representation fairly, and has given some very slippery responses to the questions about his actions and often omits to give the full facts.
An ideal moderator would have avoided the extreme steps taken if possible and would have retained backups so that problematic deletions could be recovered