Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    An asymmetric blade with a Cocobolo handle, very interesting looking wood! Composition: Ako / ALC / Limba / Kiri / ZLC / Hinoki / Hinoki Weight: 91.4g Thickness: 5.80mm Freq.: 1290/1335 Hz Balance: 2.3cm (Low)
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    Just a couple of custom Innegra inner blades with over sized handles. Composition: Black Limba / Limba / I-C / Ayous / I-C / Limba / Black Limba Weight: 87.8 and 87.4g Thickness: 5.75mm Freq.: 1250Hz Balance: 3.0cm (Med)
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thank you Nate. I recently got my hands on some Larch too and yes, it is very similar to Yellow Pine. Here we call it "Riga Velha", I was having trouble finding it because nobody calls it Larch 🙂
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks! Yes, mahogany is on the heavy side, but now that you mentioned the weight I've realized that the medial ply is Yellow Pine and not Spruce, which is also heavier.
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    This one was supposed to be put for sale, but it was gone before I even had the opportunity. Initially, I just wanted to use the cool looking Mahoghany Pommele layer, but then the idea of making an handle inspired by the Templar Knights popped into my head. As is turns out, it does not only look...
  6. Der_Echte Blade Challenge All 4 Blades Comparison + Remarks

    A family picture would be nice 🙂
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    I think this grip actually benefits that. It won't make a big difference for the index and thumb because the asymmetry is bigger in the bottom portion of the handle, but it will feel a little more comfortable for your remaining fingers.
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    The asymmetry gives you a natural rotation of about 10-15º when you hold the racket with a neutral grip. This means a slightly more closed angle on the FH side and more open on the BH.
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    Well, both. But the blade is barely asymmetric, just a different top ply. If you look at the third Pic you will see that there is a small rotation in the handle, the left side is lower than the right.
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    The blade was relatively light, around 62g. A third of the weight is on the handle, that's why the balance is so low.
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    "Shimmer" - One of the blades I most enjoyed building lately. The owner had a clear idea of what he wanted, so all I had to do was to make it happen. The blade has a composition based on a Tibhar Techno Power Contact, a combi blade that offers a bit more control on the BH side. Very comfy AN...
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    Commissioned blade. Inner fiber composition with an asymmetric Olive wood handle. Composition: Framiré / Ayous / S A-C / Kiri / S A-C / Ayous / Anigre Weight: 91.9g Thickness: 5.80mm Freq.: 1356Hz Balance: 2.0cm (Very Low)
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    Of the ones that I use, Kiri is the lightest after Balsa. But Kiri isn't created all equal. I have two species, Elongata and Tomentosa, Elongata is usually lighter and I have come across pieces with very low density, almost the same as balsa. On the other hand, Tomentosa tends to be heavier, and...
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    Yeah, 90g would be too flimsy for you. But I bet you could still do some serious damage with it.
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    No fancy description this time, just a powerful and gorgeous Koto+SZLC blade looking for a new owner. Composition: Koto / SZLC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / SZLC / Koto Weight: 90.4g Thickness: 5.65mm Freq.: 1528Hz Balance: 2.8cm (Low)
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thank you!
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    Commissioned blade. I just love the clean look of Framiré. I also love the grain structure on Padauk, it almost looks like flowing lava sometimes. Composition: Framiré / Ayous / I-C / Ayous / I-C / Ayous / Framiré Weight: 82.8g Thickness: 5.80mm Freq.: 1250Hz Balance: 2.7cm (Low)
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    No, I meant Fig. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    That one is Fig (dyed blue)
  20. FS: SDC Blades

    #130 sold
Top